Medicine Flower Tasting Notes

I meant to grab some of that while I was in Walmart the other day. The pic you posted says yours has Malic Acid in it. Besides the preservatives that would be a one shot additive to fruit flavors. I put malic acid in with my Oh Yeah Grape recipe and I love how it enhances the grape and lemon flavors.

2 Likes

I may give it a whirl till I can pick up some of the good stuff. Hell when I was a dumbass teenager I used to huff Freon - damn near killed me once but I’m still here. Like ol’ Stephen Segal, hard to kill.

2 Likes

They are preservatives. They will make you live longer :wink:

4 Likes

I don’t think it’s a very strong sweetener - the stuff we use is more concentrated, I think!

1 Like

I know this is a MF thread but @john70 LB and oOo both sell VG or VG dominant mixes for some of their flavorings. Just thought that i would let you know.

2 Likes

Got some of this from Amazon in the Uk still to try it yet but have mixed it with Vg at 1g to 9ml expecting to use it at 1-2% in mixes

Started a thread last year about Rebaudioside A 98% Powder and posted this link about Stevia explains the difference between the %'s and the different types of Stevia

5 Likes

Thank you :+1:

Was gonna go grab the link but (as always) I see you’re on top of things this morning :smiley:

2 Likes

I remember reading it. At the time I wasn’t all that interested in sweeteners so I didn’t commit it to memory. I’ll bookmark it now and limit myself to bugging you guys about other shit :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Cool! I just ordered 50g of this:

2 Likes

If my girlfriend came over to my house and I had a pile of that on a plate like that, I would be single again :wink:

5 Likes
3 Likes

Canadian. http://everstevia.com/store/stevia-products.html

1 Like

Got some mixed up the weekend, 1g of Stevia Reb (A) 98% to 9ml of pure Vg.

As I expected it is very much like EM crystals when it comes to dissolving in Vg and although i used warmed Vg and placed bottle in a shallow bath of warm water and in an Ultrasonic clearer there are still a few crystallised stevia particles floating around the finished liquid. I will have to buy some unbleached coffee filter papers or the like this week.

No idea how it will work in mixes and what %'s yet, but I did the 1 drop on the finger taste and it is so much better compared to sucralose on the tongue . A really pleasant level of sweetness that doesn’t taste artificial like sucralose and no bitterness, that I have experienced with other Stevia powders.

Looking forward to using it once I get it filtered.

4 Likes

Hey @SthrnMixer …Check out Stevita brand Stevia…Organic stevia with the only other ingredient being grapfruit seed extract…Reported to be one of the absolute cleanest Stevias on the market…Extracted, I believe, through a cold press process…No chemical treatments, or fillers…

1 Like

I’m still waiting on mine - It’ll be interesting! :smiley:

2 Likes

I just noticed ECX is having a 15% off Lotus AKA MF LOTUS 15 good until Jan. 24th

3 Likes

Thank You! Thank You! Thank YOU! Ken.

1 Like

Wooowa Yippie. I’m off to get the Watermelon and Lemon. Thanks for letting me know about the EcigExpress 15% off sale on Mighty Fine flavoring.

1 Like

Posting my reviews of 5 more Medicine Flower extracts I bought as part of a small group buy.

I would like to state these are just my findings and measurements based on my own personal taste test and in no way are a recommendation or something that is written in stone to follow, if you decide to try these flavours for yourself. As plenty of previous posts have stated in the past in regards to reviews, you should always test any flavours you purchase and tailor them to your own preferences.

All 5 flavours I have mixed in an all AG base at 12mg and each flavour is mixed at 3, 4 and 5 drops per 10ml. I have made enough to sample a tankful of every strength over a 4 week period, so I will be able to see how they develop over that time.

All will be tested on Sigelei 75w TC mod and Uwell Crown Tank using a stock 0.25 ohm Coil

Week 2 Steep - All tested on 0.25 ohm coil at a range of 33w-38w, There has been little or noticable colour change except for a tinge of yellowness to the finished liquid after 2 weeks

Black Cherry

Instantly recognisable as Black Cherry, very potent, slightly sour but overall quite a natural sweetness comes through. Too strong and sickly for me to be a standalone vape (I find the real thing too sickly for my tastes also, if I have more than a couple). 3 drops were more than adequate hoping the sweetness will die back a bit with a longer steep. But I plan to use this at 1 or 2 drops in tobacco and cream/yoghurt mixes in the future

Orange

Very natural clean flavour, sweet juicy jaffa type taste comes through with a little citric/zest tang occasionally. Good overall flavour, preferring 5 drops may need to be mixed slightly stronger? Feels ready to vape after a fortnights steep, be interesting to see if the flavour develops any further.

Peach

Struggling with this one, plenty of peach flavour coming through even at 3 drops, but like the strawberry something just isn’t quite there. Very dry and cloying finished flavour, needs more sweetness added I feel to make this flavour come alive.

Pear

Really good Juicy Pear flavour with this, liking it very much, Bit of a sharp citric kick with loads of sweet juicy pear flavour coming through overall, 4 drops seem adequate for a finished flavour.

Pineapple

I really like this one, my first hour on it, I wasn’t impressed, tasted a bit funky, but I think once my tastebuds had got used to it. I really began to like it. Ripe pineapple taste with a good amount of sweetness to it. I think I was hoping for that really sharp almost sour taste you can get with a pineapple sometimes and that wasn’t there for me. Found vaping this for 48 hours it built a pineapple taste in my palate and tongue that was there even when I wasn’t actually vaping. 4 drops seem right at this early stage.

Will start a second test to cover the 4th week of steeping later next week and post any changes/development of flavours after that, if there is still any interest in these flavours and my reviews

11 Likes

Has anyone tried the Stevita brand of stevia extract liquid form yet?

1 Like