Medicine Flower Tasting Notes

I have been hearing things about a VERY close second to MF Vanilla. If I remember correctly, INW Shisha Vanilla is very close to just as good?

2 Likes

i personally wouldnt put the shisha close but it cld be a sub , if that makes sense lol

2 Likes

Maybe third. But all vanillaā€™s have there place. Shisha for some. Classic FA vs Tahiti FA to mf. And so on.

5 Likes

I am currently using FA Vanilla Classic for a cupcake recipe, but looking to sub a stronger/ better tasting vanilla. Is MF Vanilla or INW Shisha Vanilla better for this application?

1 Like

What you need is some frigging āˆ†āˆ†āˆ† in your flavors and then you need to grow a pair and use those flavors.
And to start of your new journey you should begin with this recipe. It will be a soft start on your āˆ†āˆ†āˆ† venture.

6 Likes

ty i was looking for this recipe since i have the Lorann butter rum now thanks to @Ken_O_Where

4 Likes

Yeah, that stuff looks fantastic. Those exclamation points!

3 Likes

i was gonna say to @Norseman pentine may overdose on that recipe be careful lol

6 Likes

Nah, i think it would be a good healthy start for him. He might get a little lightheaded at first but it will go over eventually, or notā€¦

6 Likes

@fidalgo_vapes may be able to chime in on which may be better for cupcakeā€¦vanilla shisha inw or mf.

Personally I like classic (Madagascar) FA for that. I havnt really played with the mf yet.

2 Likes

@Chrispdx
Youā€™re one of the few that Iā€™d say ā€œneed toā€!
(Thereā€™s others, but your post is what inspired the reply) lol
What I mean by that is, I know youā€™re far enough along, that you should really be able to appreciate them, as well as apply them well.

/general public
I think thereā€™s segments to the journey, and given that, I think itā€™s a good thing people start off with the likes of TFA, FW, then move into FA, Cap, RF, then Inawera & FLV, and finally MF.
(I realize thereā€™s some overlap in categories there, and I took some out of order myself. BUT, as a general rule, itā€™s much easier to fully appreciate what each level brings, not to mention the noticeably different percentages, if youā€™ve climbed that ladder from the ā€œbottom upā€. Each rung has itā€™s own importances/relevance IMO.)

5 Likes

Lol. Maybe played was the wrong term. More like I havnt used it enough to speak eloquently about vanilla mf.

As for vendor selection I started with 95% FA and inw. Only picked up a few top flavors from cap and tpa. I really did take note of reading everything before you buyā€¦mostly thanks to hic. Iā€™ll read for 6 hours to pick a handful of new flavors.

Mf lately is what I use to boost recipesā€¦it so kicks ass. If you have a failed mangoā€¦2 drops. Plain orange 2-4 drops. And so on. Also if you want to kick everything into high gear go for a main profile at 2% mf and supplement with FA.

As of right now Iā€™m chasing a lime vape pulling out the almost silent notes when mixing regular and cold press FA. (Yes this will be released soonā€¦kinda fā€™d up the last mix by being too ballsā€™y lol) Mango ice cream, attempt number one is great (after reading 50 posts) and may call for mf vanilla at one drop along with a white cream.

Overall I take the long stretch out approved. Some days Iā€™m tempted just to dump my hold folder on a google drive. But I just take the long approachā€¦picking from a billion ideas and working with 50 at a time.

(This jumbled, lacking in grammar check, and philosophical note has been truly brought to everyone by mango ice cream ).

4 Likes

i have never made a cupcake type recipe , but if im adding a vanilla note to an existing vanilla flave , like vanilla ice cream or something like that i like to add .25 to .5 % of MF vanilla the thing about MF vanilla is it takes awhile to come through but worth it , i have the madagascar and need to play with it more , its been a long time since ive just played around trying new things

3 Likes

a few months ago i said i wished i would have started with the INW , MF , RF type , but i have since taken that statement back , and couldnt agree more with your thoughts altough id put CAP in the same category as FW and TPA ,i couldnt imagine being a complete noob and trying to figure out the " premium flaves "

2 Likes

This answered my question I came to look around to see if anyone else noticed that SB Lotus has been removed. I found it for 22$ on Amazon but was hoping ECX had it still. That sux but thanks for the heads up @Pentine

3 Likes

Has anyone had any luck with nectarine? It smells like a delicious, smooth, yellow fruit and I want it to work so badly.

I will probably add some stevia this next mix, but it always comes out tasting less bright than it smells.

1 Like

I havenā€™t tried the Nectarine myself, but I find some MF fruits really benefit from added sweetener (Pyure) and some type of tart/sour enhancer (Sour Wizard FA) . When I use MF fruit as a top note I add enhancers pretty much all the timeā€¦

2 Likes

My first mix with it didnā€™t go well so I canā€™t advise.

1 Like

i like the new avatar

3 Likes

Thanks for sending it over, @SthrnMixer. This stuff is very potent, I put 1 drop, from the dropper, into a 16 ounce bottle of water and it is very prominent. I did the same test with Honey Bee FLV and i could barely taste it. But this stuffā€¦ One drop and i immediately pick up the florals and a couple seconds later here comes the sweet from the honey.

I have never done a flavor dilution, this may be the firstā€¦

6 Likes