Mixing by weight

Continuing the discussion from A beginner's journey into DiY entirely, and starting with Mixing By Weight:

This is the most common comment when a member begin mixing by weight. If you don’t currently mix by weight I urge you give it a try. A scale is the best investment you can make for your DIY mixing kit.

If you haven’t taken the plunge into mixing by weight, here’s a previous post with several comments about MBW.

How do you mix: by weight or by syringes?

7 Likes

…and when you do, the clouds will part! Soooooo easy to DIY mix with a scale!

4 Likes

Fast, easy and no mess! What’s not to love? It really comes in very handy if you’re mixing large quantities. I’m getting another scale for backup purposes soon.

3 Likes

I want to start mixing by weight with this site but it doesn’t have an option for grams? I found this site from a vape reviewer on youtube and it says grams on his review but when I put in a recipe there’s no option for grams just ml drops and %. Am I doing something wrong? Please help!!!

Thanks so much! Can’t believe I didn’t look there lol

1 Like

:wink:

10/char

Hey JoJo. You know what I need???
I need to watch a video to see step by step how to mix by weight.
I’ve searched a bit but all I got was (sorry to say) idiots who were saying “Wear gloves but I don’t” and put a ‘tad’ of this in. LOL. The last one was so horrible, someone should have removed it from the Internet.
Anything come to mind that might be someone good to watch?

I haven’t watched the entire thing, but a (not currently active) member @PIXXIEPUFFS put together a how-to video.

He starts into the actual mixing at about 6:00

ThaNKS I am going to watch it after some breakfast. Get dressed might be nice too. Then check on my chickens. I did order that glass bell for Armomamizer and checked on ?Where’s my 3Fvape order from Dec11 order. Wow…says it’s delivering today. Yea!!! Walk to the mailbox. I live on 10 acres in the country. How bout you? I’m orig from Boston but been in Florida since I was 12.

1 Like

I guess I’m kind of in the suburbs of a medium sized city. LoL. I’m from all over the place, but I’m in Alabama for now. :wink:

1 Like

Bama girl too… lol verbena :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I KNEW you were originally from the south. Definitely not an OC girl. . .not that there’s anything wrong with that, just knew you couldn’t be one. Haha.

1 Like

Thank you JoJo. That’s just what I needed. I HAD NO IDEA it would be That easy to make ejuice with a scale. How it goes to zero again for each ingredient. I could do a search, but is there a scale moderately priced that you would recommend. I just remembered that someone gave me a scale. Well looked for it even in my husband’s garage (with him). Oh what a mess, and I found several things I had been missing but not the scale. Anything that ever goes into the garage for repair never comes out.
Anyway…any suggestions? I will order today. I know I’ve asked this question before. Now that I’ve seen a video and see how easy it really is, I’m not going back. Then, perhaps I will be precise and can post some recipes.

How about this one? http://www.amazon.com/DBPOWER-Precision-Reloading-Gem-black-Guaranteed/dp/B00GGGJUSA/ref=sr_1_3?s=industrial&ie=UTF8&qid=1452379584&sr=1-3&keywords=milligram+scale#biss-product-description-and-details

I’ve looked and looked. I think I need it to measure down to .001 ml and have a plug and not turn off on me. Help! Please help! HELP!

American Weigh Scales LB-501
Amazon has em for under $22
It measures to 0.01 gram
The one I bought from amazon came with an AC adapter…for some reason the one I just looked up on amazon doesn’t advertise the AC adapter…
Anyway, great scale and the AC adapter keeps it from auto shutoff

What @Whiterose0818 said. That’s a good one. The other one that is used a lot around here (and by yours truly) is this Etekcity one.

1 Like