Most underrated recipes on ELR

as mr. weasel stated it depends on gear as well, some older recipes are nice when converted down as far as flavoring % go, man up and fiqure it out as well
P.S. stop liking ms. vergaras or ill remove her pic

4 Likes

I guess explaining my thoughts more clearly would be a good thing. I see two types of recipes, those that have "gone viral"and those that havenā€™t.

Of those tens of thousands that havenā€™t, should everyone respond, you might narrow your choices to perhaps a thousand. . .because we all like what we like.

That said, I guess Iā€™ll play. I like complicated flavors with floral components. @SthrnMixer concocted a very simple recipe to create a fairly complex flavor profile with this:

6 Likes

i see viral as in a virus

4 Likes

there are a lot of good mixers that dont get recognition because they arent out to build a name , ive tried several recipes by forum members such as @Pro_Vapes @juice_junkie_lover @VapeyMama @woftam @ken-o-where @Amy2 @Beaufort_Batches @SthrnMixer and they all have developed mixes that top any commercial juice or any big name mixers there are more mixers that i think make some good liquid just from sharing notes and ideas with them , with all that being said i typically vape my own recipes and lately have been too lazy to make any new ones until the last month btw i left @Alisa out on accident anyway check these people out and you will be set , pay attention how they are using their flavors and it will help you along the way

17 Likes

Oh! I suppose I should add a few ā€œunderratedā€ recipes that Iā€™ve enjoyed.

12 Likes

well i bet that there are many completely underrated recipes in ELRā€¦

one i have found is this oneā€¦for my taste it worths doing all this:

4 Likes

Good point about ratings feeding themselves. So ratings are overrated? :grinning:

4 Likes

Thanks, Iā€™ll do that.

2 Likes

You can also think of a type of food or drink or brand name and type that in the search box

There is a particular tropical drink sold here in the UK called Lilt that is a pineapple and grapefruit mix that is really sweet, tangy and tasty. I have had a couple of goes at mixing based on the flavour profile without much success.

I typed in lilt on here and it gave me 10 or so options from people who had the same idea. list here All very low ratings, so I would have missed them using my normal ratings search. I had the exact flavours in my stash for 4 of them, so mixed them up and struck lucky with a very decent mix for my tastes from

I am currently doing the same with three recipes I found I can make from a small selection for Turkish Delight.

I have no idea how difficult coding is, but always hoped that sometime in the future, Daath could produce a search function where people may have a similar recipe to this but not under the name lilt for instance. Where you could press a button or something to search for ā€˜similar recipesā€™ that say contain 80% or more of the ingredients for that recipe to expand your choice a little more.

7 Likes

Thanks, I have what I need for Strawberry Frosted Sugar Cookies - e-liquid-recipes.com. Iā€™m onto it.

3 Likes

@worm1 LMAO, your a tripper. Keep it up :joy:

2 Likes

@Laura5 Fruity stuff! Iā€™ll see if Iā€™ve got what it takes to try your recipes, thanks.

Edit - just checked your stuff, I donā€™t even have one FLV flavor, LOL.

4 Likes

Is cloning an option?? It would be nice to see comparative data: flv vs flavor x

4 Likes

Wow you do only have Flavorah flaves , may i ask is there a reason for this ? a lot of people usually start with Tpa Cap FW then move into FLV , FA etc , what made you buy FLV first , do you work for them ? or know someone that does? i see also in your bio you have their website listed , btw im only wondering out of curiosity !!!

4 Likes

Very good question! I tried liquid barn first, they were not concentrated enough for me. I researched heavily and chose flavorah. I want to get a feel for how the flavors blend and what they taste like. I am anal retentive so i appriciate recipes that have the same vendor flavors. It makes it easier on my brain.
Another reason: from my first order flavorah has had amazing interactions with me. The customer service is superb. They always answer my numerous questions and have followed me through my journey of DIY. (A year in February). :dash::dash::dash:
They have even tried some of my recipes and given me feedback. What an honor! I love feedback.
So, eventually i will try other vendors, for now: i am content with flavorah.

6 Likes

:slight_smile: not necessarily overrated, just a bit misleading to the uninitiated.
The 1st page top-rated recipes canā€™t possibly be the ā€œbestā€ recipes on the site, because there canā€™t be a best recipe due to the subjective nature of taste. They are just the ā€œmostā€ rated, and at some point, were actually the top-rated in a more realistic sense. Those top-rated mixes just get pummeled with views and ratings every time someone new signs up. (just an observation, not a complaint! :slight_smile: ) And, this isnā€™t to say they arenā€™t great, Iā€™m sure they are awesome!
I wonder if some of the mixers who are up that high in the ratings, like @SthrnMixer, who has one up there from Spring '16, might have improved their techniques and expanded their flavor arsenals over the last year and a half, and have a few newer mixes that they would rate higher than their top rated recipe, but they are on page 67 instead of 1.
Just thoughts:)

11 Likes

Very good points.

5 Likes

i remember reading about the LB diy kit , that makes a lot of sense i wish i would have researched b4 jumping in to diy , i bought a LB diy kit then went to tpa and cap websites and went through the flaves picking what i thought was gonna be good so i ended up buying a bunch of crap flavors etc , now im on a mission to use up what i have then explore more with FLV i do use a couple of their flavors though , ty for the explanation it is rare to see someone start out with a higher end brand such as FLV , MF etc id suggest going that route instead of the other way around but there are some flaves ill never give up from the big Three

5 Likes

Thanks for your kind words :slight_smile: I try to stay under the radar for the most part. I work a lot with my business that is non vape related and I do this for fun and enjoyment! This isnā€™t a popularity contest for me and I am not going to try to promote myself or juice for personal gains. Iā€™m grateful for this community and for everything I have learned. This is the best seat in town :wink:

The best part about this community is we all keep coming back. We might have a few people we donā€™t really care for but thatā€™s anywhere you get a bunch of different people together, not everyone will agree. Same goes with the way we taste things, not all of us agree as to what the ā€œbestā€ is. Flavoring is so subjective! Whatā€™s great to me might be garbage to you and we can agree to disagree. Feedback, experience, and knowledge is great around here though!

I know for me sometimes if I mix someone elseā€™s juice up I get lazy and donā€™t take the time to review it. Shame on me. Iā€™ve been really working on getting better with that. Iā€™ve also been really trying to keep good notes on single flavors. Itā€™s such PITA though!

8 Likes

and i meant it , your welcome

this may be the hardest thing about diy , at least for me

im trying to pull myself away from being lazy , i got so lazy this summer i only vaped 3 or 4 recipes it became a chore to mix , i think it was because of the people i was mixing for they were demanding , so i stopped and now mix for myself since then ive developed a few promising original recipes NO MORE REMIXING vendor juice for others

7 Likes