Movies and Shows - What do you recommend?

Good on yah! :smile_cat:

1 Like

Many years ago my family and I would watch this with the sound turned off. Having seen it so many times we would do voice-overs. Sometimes people would be in another room and would say their lines right on cue. Over the years I learned to do a very passable Jimmy Stewart. I will break into a Jimmy at random times at work and the younger staff, having no idea who Jimmy Stewart is, just call it ā€œthe old man voiceā€.

1 Like

Iā€™m still thinking of taking legal action for pain, suffering and emotional distress.

Saw Ant Man, Fantastic Four (2015), The Martian, The Revenant and In The Heart Of The Sea. Heart of the Sea was boring, The Revenant was way too long (but the bear attack was brutal!), Fantastic Four needs to be brought up on charges (bad everything) The Martian and Ant Man were both great! Both were a lot of fun and worth watching. May watch both again real soon.

LMAO! Donā€™t you just hate when movies are hyped and even tons of money spent on that just suck? I especially hate movies that have action, special effects or violence that are just for the sake of action, special effect or violence. If it doesnā€™t contribute to the story then whatā€™s the point right? I mean the Transformers movies are an awesome thrill ride but they could easily be condensed to 15 minutes without missing any of the story :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I agree. After watching them all you have to do is watch an extended trailer to refresh your memory.

I saw Revenant, Heart of The Sea, Hateful 8, and Joyā€¦all excellent time killers, but not a single one GOOD

The Martian was great though!

1 Like

It has been announced that series 3 of The Leftovers will be the last one, Hopefully it will have a more satisfying ending than 6 series and 130 episodes of Lost but who was countingā€¦:slightly_smiling:

1 Like

Concussion with Will Smith was excellent!

Just watched Ted 2. Soooo funny!

Digging through my DVDā€™s and came across this chick flick that was actually quite good. Memoirs of a Geisha

Itā€™s definitely worth seeing once.

Another I stumbled on and havenā€™t popped in the player in a good long while is Mrs Winterbourne. Another chick flick but helluva good one.

And then it continued. Iā€™m scratching my head wondering why the hell do I own so many chick flicksā€¦and why do I like them? So itā€™s Chances Are.

Wife was right there with me. Guess what Iā€™ll be doing this week now that The Voice is over? :frowning: So glad I stopped before we flipped the page and there sat The Other Boleyn Girl :wink:

1 Like

ROFL. Memoirs of a Geisha was pretty good. The book was better. :wink: You should watch Downton Abbey if you havenā€™t already. If you have, donā€™t tell me about the last season cuz I havenā€™t gotten around to it yet. Also, the second season of Arrow is turning out to be pretty good. Might be worth a look-see. Iā€™m tempted to say itā€™s been better than the first season, but I donā€™t exactly have a discriminating taste when it comes to TV. :stuck_out_tongue:

Never read the book. Never will. Itā€™s one thing for my wife to twist my arm into watching a chick flick, but itā€™s another thing entirely for me to sit and reach a chick book. Iā€™ve not read Fifty Shades of Crazy either, nor will I watch the movie. Sorry wifey, I draw the line at some point and that includes Brokeback Mounting :slight_smile:

2 Likes

LOL I hear ya. Iā€™ve no interest in Fifty Shades based on what is likely misguided principle, and despite being a very open-minded person, I hated Brokeback. Iā€™m sure youā€™re not missing much.

1 Like

The Tyrant is a bit cliche but a very good show to watch. Im going through for my 3rd time and absolutely love it, two seasons so far.

1 Like

I started watching Bates Hotel last night. Oh I bet there are plenty of snickers right now. You read this and said out loud really dude? where you been, under a rock? Fact is I love TV but hate commercials. So most of the shows I watch are on Netflix and usually Iā€™m at least a season behind. So far though it seems like a winner. That first episode was intriguing.

3 Likes

I have to get back to that show, i watched the first season and then stopped. I like to download, i mean buy, my stuff, no commercials, and watch multiple seasons at a time. First seasons was very good.

1 Like

@JoJo Ive got the FTP server up and running but i leave Thursday for the UP so ill be shutting everything down until i get back. When i get back ill send you the login info, if i should forget, which is highly likely as you know, just send me an unfriendly reminder, hehe.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve downloaded, I mean bought, a lot of seasons of shows. :wink: My favorite collection is Merlin. Ha! I was watching the last season the day after it aired in GB when here in the US they were showing season 4. What can I say except arrrrrg! matey

4 Likes

I hear ya about commercials. I hate them. I usually download the show I want and watch it commercial free at anytime. Iā€™m on the west coast so I get to see it three hours ahead of itā€™s regular local schedule which frees me up nicely.

1 Like