Movies and Shows - What do you recommend?

Anyone have the HBOgo? We’ve been trying to watch for a week now and can’t get it to buffer correctly. Netflix, showtime anywhere, Amazon work great. Freaking driving us crazy. Any help from the community would be greatly appreciated!!!

I just started watching The Brink with Jack Black and Tim Robbins - It’s really entertaining!

Are you streaming on a tv, computer, or mobile device?

Justified… Been binge watching for weeks

1 Like

I download all my shows as well. You can find anything you want to watch if you look hard enough. I also have Netflix and Hulu. But I hardly ever watch them. It just feels nice to have that option. But Hulu… I am about to drop it. You pay for the service, then they want you to pay more for commercial free viewing.

1 Like

HBO Go from the PC. Tried again today and still no luck.

I’d try clearing your browser cache and/or rebooting your router.

1 Like

Making a Murderer, season 1 is the Steven Avery Case. As it is semi local this is a situation i have known about for years.

1 Like

I fell asleep watching the first episode the other night. But only because I was exhausted. I love stuff like that. The John Wayne Gacy story was riveting. What a sick f#@k.

I finished Season 3 of Bates Motel. What a great show. I think the next season starts March 28.
Finished season 3 of Wentworth. It was disappointing, but so was it’s American counterpart, Orange is the New Black. Both shows had massive potential but their 3rd seasons suck.
Can’t wait for Game of Thrones, Vikings and The Bastard Executioner new seasons to come back.

1 Like

I love this kind of stuff too. We download so much stuff from the Murder, i mean Id network.

GoT, im dying for more GoT.!

Finished watching Narcos(netflix)…excellent drama about Pablo Escobar, greatly addictive series.

1 Like

I’m on episode 4 of this. Holy crap, right now all I can think is that poor kid Brendan. Seems the corruption of the legal and law enforcement systems is determining his fate. This show has my gut in knots but I can’t seem to stop watching it. I guess it’s the spectacle - the drama of Jerry Springer without the animated theatrics. Then again I have the flu and may just be delirious.

3 Likes

The questioning… Not to mention they did so without his mother or lawyer around. Reddit has a MaM sub, there is more information there. I will tell you right now that there is a lot of shady shit that happens in Wisconsin’s small towns when it comes to law enforcement and people deemed undesirable.

I personally know this for a fact, my uncle was a judge in this town for over 30 years and my mother worked at the courthouse. I have been arrested several times but if i gave you my name and a link to check courts records, this is available to the public online, you would never see any of it. Nothing bad or course but none of it exists. Much of WI is still very much small town living with modern amenities.

2 Likes

Yes it was, loved it!

1 Like

Just finished watching “Creed”, about the son of Apollo Creed…one of my favs of the franchise, and I hope to another sequel, which I am sure there will be another.

2 Likes

Looks like he got new representation. I thought maybe this wasn’t really news but then I found it a couple other places. The link here shows 11 year old video footage which is what confused me.

1 Like

Kind of a lazy movie day today, just finished “Solace” with Anthony Hopkins, great thriller!
Different seeing him on the side of the law, and while watching this movie I just can’t imagine his role being played by ANYBODY else and it being so believable as it were with him.

1 Like

Saw “Anesthesia” tonight, great drama about life, many different lives, different perspectives, yet all somewhat connected.
I found it very interesting and thought Provoking, I’m going to ponder this more tomorrow, especially the title and how it fit with the story?
But this was great, my kind of movie for sure.
I would gladly take this movie over any Transformer/Fast and Furious piece of shite 8 days a week!

Ever seen Donnie Darko? Talk about thought provoking. Mostly the thought for me was what the hell is going on?

http://www.donniedarko.org.uk/explanation/

You obviously weren’t the only one.

1 Like