Movies and Shows - What do you recommend?

I enjoyed it muchly, i finished the 8 eps and started it over.

Im a big fan of JMS, after all he did create Babylon 5. I watched the entire season of Sense 8, i almost quit after the scene you mention but JMS can take awhile to get a show movie so i continued, i wish i had stopped… I did not find the show enjoyable. I dont mind sex in a show but the slap of that strap-on has it hit the floor was just nasty, it should have been a hint of what was to come. (No pun intended)

3 Likes

At the risk of having more passive-aggressive commentary thrown at me, let me just say… That scene in specific was nothing I could see as being fundamental to what was going on, but then again it came pretty early in the show so I may have missed how it fit in (two puns, but intended :slight_smile: ). Unlike on Orange Is The New Black where those cases of girl on girl sex is more at home in the setting of the show - albeit I don’t really know if prisons have such spacious accommodations and the prisoners such freedom of movement. Anyway, what am I talking about? Oh yeah, I’ll have to try Sense 8 again to see if I think there’s anything to it.

3 Likes

I was trying hard not to come off like I was calling anyone out. :frowning: My only point is if that scene put someone off there are a few more in the series that could be just as off-putting, if not more so.

1 Like

Just finished Stranger Things. Damn that was weird and cool. Comes off a lot like a Stephen King movie. Interestingly there are similarities to Firestarter and a lot of the synth music reminds me of Tangerine Dream which did the music for Firestarter.

5 Likes

You hit it right on the nose brother. I’ve got the last one to watch when i get home tonight. Can’t wait.

1 Like

I thought it was just me…

Likewise! Great …4 stars

1 Like

Ditto that. I hope they do a season 2!

On a non-Netflix tip, season 2 of the USA network show Mr. Robot is on now, and if you have an Amazon Prime subscription season 1 is available for free Prime Streaming. It’s a very unusual show. Very prone to spoiling as there are some big twists, but a fairly spoiler-free description is that it’s about an antisocial paranoid schizophrenic genius computer hacker who wants to take on the biggest bank in the world. If you thought the “Occupy Wall Street” movement was really stupid, the show might annoy you, or it’s perfectly fine to take it as pure fiction and ignore the social commentary. Either way, if you were intrigued by the idea of a show about a “schizophrenic genius computer hacker” you won’t be disappointed. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I love Mr. Robot. Great suggestion!

Mr. Robot is pretty good and unlike a lot of hacker type shows, it’s pretty realistic.

1 Like

THE STRAIN oh been so long you forgot? NO! Check this out

Im gonna throw this one out there one more time as i just finished it again. 11.22.63 is a fantastic show, only 8 eps and its done, based on a book by Stephen King. Absolutely wonderful show, one ill watch quite a few more times.

4 Likes

OMG I just discovered Dead Set on Life on Viceland (TV) @Anonymiss is this like regular TV in Canada :wink:

That video is great! But it’s the dancing lady vampires I like most…give me funny feelings :slight_smile: There’s just something about those female vampires. Like…

http://www.filmindustrynetwork.biz/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Kate-Beckinsale-underworld-cover-poster.jpg

I hate to admit I’ve missed The Strain. Will definitely need to binge that one soon!

6 Likes

For real just started the first episode of breaking bad… Lol

2 Likes

so you r going to be a binge watching hermit now ? lol

1 Like

Just bingded on 3 so… I think… Yes lol :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Between that and survive the tribe it’s on… Hahaha

Alright I have to ask how did you do that upside down smiley?

And thanks for the topic merging I didn’t realize what thread we were chatting on @JoJo :slight_smile:

1 Like

Uhmmmmm idk it’s just a cool ass logo for pices I found???