Movies and Shows - What do you recommend?

I agree. Fantastic show though.

2 Likes

Just finished season 2 of Broadchurch. Before seeing this series the only time I remember seeing Olivia Colman was in Hot Fuzz where she played a rather ditzy little tart, sole female in the police department. Iā€™m just completely mesmerized by her acting abilities. She is so convincing and extraordinarily talanted at expressing emotion. Wow, I havenā€™t seen an actress this good in I cannot say when.

2 Likes

Iā€™m setting up my third one today I love it just started about a week ago with my first and canā€™t stop tweaking it Iā€™m glad Iā€™m not the only oneā€¦

a little work but worth it

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Same here, started with XBMC on my softmodded Xboxā€™s which i still use for streaming on some of the older TVā€™s in the garage and basement. I have a couple quad core Android streaming boxes (MXIII) that run it as well. Fantastic bit of software.

I used to grab stuff from Usenet back in the day and then on to torrents, private trackers, now i stream as much as i DL. I use Yatse as a remote on my phone, wifi based as my phone has no IR blaster.

With some addons you can watch anything with Kodi online.

Thoroughly recommend Banshee if you like a bit of violence and slightly off the wall characters in your TV shows. also enjoy Hell On Wheels (looking forward to binge watching the final series 5) when it completes early next yearā€¦

If you have access to BBC shows, Peaky Blinders, has a great storyline, as well as being visually stunning it has a cracking soundtrack to go with it also.

Watched the film Bone Tomahawk yesterday, described as a Horror/Western, steady first 90 minutes, a very lively last 40 minutes thoughā€¦

Iā€™ve found an app that allows me to use my phone as a mouse or keyboard which came in handy a few times as well as the fire tv app from Amazon

1 Like

I have been watching The Killing recommended here. Iā€™m hooked. Really great show!

3 Likes

Yeah, get on to Broadchurch next! If you like the killing youā€™ll love that one. I find these shows from across the pond to have better writing and acting than the crime dramas here. I also wonder about that actress I mentioned before, Olivia Colman. Do you think sheā€™s the Sally Field of Great Britain?

I know Orange is The New Black has been mentioned here. Great show. Thereā€™s another one very much like it called Wentworth. Letā€™s call it the Aussie version of OITNB. With winter upon us I watch a whole lot more TV than the rest of the year, so suggestions like this are always welcome.

2 Likes

I will probably be catching up on Suits next. It is one of my all time favorite series. Seriously, watch the first episode. It is a very good drama with some really funny comments in it. It is storyline based and you have to watch it from the beginning like a lot of these new shows. But it isnā€™t at all a comedy. Very good actung as well.

I am the same way. I hate cold weather and become a hermit in the winter months.

So, I started on ā€œHand of Godā€ - itā€™s actually pretty damn good so far! :smile:

2 Likes

It may not be for everyone, and certainly not for the youngā€™ns, but I have to recommend ; Curb your Enthusiasm.
Iā€™m pretty sure it was on hbo, therefore thereā€™s some vulgar language. but hilarious if youā€™re not easily upset.

1 Like

you should try peep show i think it was one of the first programs Olivia Colman was in but not sure how well you would get on with our pommy sense of humor!

I love British humor! I will try to find that show. Ok, so you know this ladyā€™s work then, yes? Did you see her performance in Broadchurch? She is an excellent actress and everything she did in this series was completely believable.

honestly no iā€™ve not watched broadchurch although everyone in England raved about it but i might consider it now but peep show was one of my favorite comedyā€™s ever and i recognized the name shes also done a few films but iā€™d have to google her to find out

@SthrnMixer Just finished Merlinā€¦hurts so good. LoL Working on finishing Psych.

That last episode was a tear jerker huh? I hate to say that - you know, being a dude and 6ā€™2" and 275 lbs, all burly and whatnot. Yeah, it was emotional.

2 Likes

Awwā€¦ you need a tissue bro? :cry:

Lol. Donā€™t tell anyone. But I teared up when the medic died in Saving Private Ryan.

The last time I teared up before the final episode of Merlin was watching Susan Boyleā€™s audition on Britainā€™s Got Talent. Still gets me!