Movies and Shows - What do you recommend?

Yeah, I saw that too. She’s a real shocker that’s for sure. America’s got talent is good also. Another one of my favs along with the Voice. I like BBC America. Top Gear was an amazing show. Too bad Clarkson clocked that producer. But the guy probably deserved it.

I dunno, made me respect him more. :wink: Besides anxious to see the new Amazon venture the guys are doing. You see the ad he did for the Amazon drone service? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXo_d6tNWuY

Crap, i forgot all about that show. I watched the first couple eps and then stopped for some reason. Ill get back to watching it.

1 Like

I saw that but not watched yet. Will get on that right after Hinterland. Thanks for the tip :+1:

1 Like

Has anybody watched Arrow? Im almost done with the first season. Its based on DC Comics characters and so far is pretty good. It has good ratings.

My wife and I watched the first season. I thought it was ok, just not my show. But then again sometimes I’ll fail to pick up a show again when its next season starts but it’s not because I didn’t like it, just whatever happened to get in the way. That’s why I have a half dozen shows to catch up. Hell on Wheels is one example. Great show I just didn’t catch it from the 3rd season on. Same with The Walking Dead and others.

Just started watching Fargo two nights ago. What a fantastic show! Trying to limit myself to two episodes a night so I don’t get too depressed after having been all caught up and waiting for the next one.

1 Like

I am exactly the same way. Hell on Wheels and The Walking Dead are two I need to catch up on as well. But both seemed better the first season than the second and so on.

I’ll probably never catch up on TWD. I mean how many zombies is enough? For me apparently two seasons. Hell on wheels, I just really got tired of seeing that chick’s chin tattoo. Really, am I that superficial? :slight_smile: Well not really, that’s not what stopped me. Work and life got in the way. But still, something just a little less gaudy would have been good.

1 Like

That tat is probably based on some truth about white women taken in by the Indians. At least I always told myself that to make her more believable :wink: But yeah, it’s kinda weird to see here in the scenes.

Oh my god @SthrnMixer …Broadchurch season 2. Damn the brits and their heartwrenchingly beautiful TV writing. Season 3 confirmed!! Sounds like it’ll take awhile, though. They don’t start filming until Summer. sigh I hate waiting.

1 Like

I hate waiting too, especially for things I find to be on the upper crust like this show. I think the History Channel is trying to kill me with how slow they produce Vikings!

So am I right about Olivia Colman or what? Is she not just FANTASTIC as an actress?

1 Like

Heck yeah. She is amazing. And I love David Tennant. Funny, I can look past him being the Doctor, but it was a real struggle to get past Eve Myles being Gwen from Torchwood.

I’ll have to have a look at Vikings. Sounds like another knockout show. :smile:

1 Like

I will say that Vikings is probably not everyone’s cup of tea. For those who don’t dislike it, I think they just love it. I’m thinking that it is filmed entirely in the Ireland countryside. As for production quality, think a mix between Game of Thrones and Gladiator.

Interesting tidbit about the main star - he grew up an Australian farmer and continues to farm as much as possible. I doubt that happens much anymore though. According to his production list, Travis Fimmel has lead a very busy acting life for the last several years.

Here’s a little clip why I say it’s probably not for everyone. Some people don’t like brutality, even in film. Oh well, don’t watch it if it bothers you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have a friend at work who’s a huge Vikings fan. He says this one you have to start with episode one. No skipping around or starting in the middle. It’s at the top of my list when I get some free time.

1 Like

Your friend is correct. And you can’t sit there on your damn iPad playing Clash of Clans either. You have to pay attention.

3 Likes

I’m in! Definitely one that’ll be watched at night though. :wink:

All right man, I am starting a COC thread :grin:

You don’t have time for that. You got to spend every spare minute raiding so you’ll have enough gold to upgrade those walls you’ve been neglecting :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, I have mostly lvl 8 walls. A couple dozen lvl 7, and a few lvl 9. Walls suck.

Man, I was watching the killing. Then the next murder case began and I lost the desire to watch it. They introduce a new guy, some guy on a bus going to prison, Linden (or however her name is spelt) is in a relationship with some guy. Did I miss an episode somewhere? Do I just keep watching? I hate watching a show and not knowing what the hell is going on.