My GPRIV 220 Mod Exploded!

no it was burnt !

Way back in the early days of my vaping I purchased my first ā€œrealā€ mod an Innokin SVD I purchased two red Efest batteries with it and a LUC charger. The company I bought it from and TBH I donā€™t remember their name included an AWT battery with it as a freebie with a little not asking me to give it a try and let them know how it works. Since that time Iā€™ve been through bunches of batteries, and have never purchased anther Efest. The AWT lasted much longer per charge and out lasted the Efest batteries for longevity. When I buy now I get LG, AWT or Samsung batteries. Never had a problem with them. I only buy my batteries at one of two places IMR batteris or Illum Batteries.

1 Like

Back in the day, I liked the size of the 18500
and could only find Efest ones.
Used them alot with ( kayfun,1.5ohm,Nemesis)

Switched to Vappower 18500ā€™s later.

Only problem I ever had with the Efest was when I
got my first Stingray ( 18650/18500/18350 clone ) and the switch stuck and things
got just a little hotā€¦:astonished:

Thatā€™s what I was thinking man thx and hope this doesnā€™t deter you from vaping!

I always wondered how Radio Shack was able to have such a wide selection of products!

1 Like

Pffft been running 2 Efest since the beginning of time, no issuesā€¦

Buy from a reputable dealer and treat your batteries with care and you should be fine, cheap out and youā€™ll end up with black handsā€¦

1 Like

i had almost the same thing too today with these batteries (Efest 3000Mah 35A)
hopefully, no explotion, no damage to mod ā€¦ no nothingā€¦ hadn;t seen this post beforeā€¦
and i describe what happened here
http://forum.e-liquid-recipes.com/t/just-a-reminder-to-fellow-vapers-for-safety/149012

i feel very lucky that BY COMPLETELY LUCK i noticed the battery indicatorsā€¦ and checked the batteriesā€¦ i guess if would stress them more some bad thing would have happened while i was vaping at about 110 Watts with a ,15Ohm coilā€¦ really glad that you and neither me got hurt.

the problem i guess is the batteries and not the mod or the buildā€¦ even on Regulated devices the batteries are still dangerousā€¦ if itā€™s the mod itself i guess this forum, reddit, youtube and any other soccial media would be full of warnings from other users or whateverā€¦ it you had done a faulty coil the mod should warn for atomizer short, it wouldnā€™t fire the coil or it would prevent you from using it since theyā€™re all almost full of protectionsā€¦ but batteries can always give the best chance to cause a problemā€¦

4 Likes

@Salsawy Glad you werenā€™t hurt to bad dude it could have been a whole lot worse iā€™ll never use efests batteries. Guess you will be in the market for some new batteries and a mod canā€™t help with the mod but I have a great place to buy batteries. https://liionwholesale.com/

4 Likes

Wow, Iā€™m using my G-Priv right now! with Efest 300 MAH!

I actually got rid of my Efest batteries after reading this thread. Iā€™ve had no problems with them but better safe than sorry,
Only LG and Samsung for me from now on.

1 Like

"i had almost the same thing too today with these batteries (Efest 3000Mah 35A) "

Itā€™s worth re-iterating, I think, that there is no such thing as a 35A 18650. Thereā€™s sure as hell no such thing as a 3000Mah 35A 18650. If a company advertises that rating they are flat-out lying. If you get your batteries from companies that flat-out lie about their specsā€¦ well, I wouldnā€™t do that, personally.

3 Likes

You should add Sony to your list too. The VTC5A (2600 mAh) and VTC6 (3000 mAh) are rated as some of the best batteries out there. I use a lot of LG and Samsung batteries too, but the Sonyā€™s are my favorites.

Ok, Iā€™ll try posting it here. Really want to know?

3 Likes

yepā€¦ though the thing is that are resports that efest batteries have started venting etcā€¦ even on 14A m8ā€¦ this is really really badā€¦ efest has really gone over the line for realā€¦

Just bought some of these to try them out. Thanks for the recommendation.

1 Like

Mooch is THE man when it comes to all things battery. He saved me some serious troubles when I first started vaping. Dumb-ass me bought some protected cells from Amazon for use in my Slug Mod and Innokin SVD. Iā€™d been using them in the SVD and was going to go back to stacked 18350ā€™s when the Slug came in, but got learnt REAL quick.

Iā€™m an EE (from back in the stone age when they had tubes) and I learned a hell of a lot from Mouch. Light bulbs started coming on. In my head that is. Kinda, sort of, so to speak.

3 Likes

What was your ā€œtube specialtyā€ if you donā€™t mind me asking?
Audio, video, RF?

Canā€™t say I have a specialty, but I worked more with RF and audio than I did video.

1 Like

You might appreciate this. Audiophile car amplifiers hand made in California by Tru Technologies. The sound is so warm and amazing.

TRUtubeamp1

2 Likes