My juices are all flat!

I’m not sure if they are under flavored, over flavored or just need to steep longer. Help!

What kind of juices are you making?

What kind of flavours are you making/using?

What % flavouring are you using in said juices?

If you have recipes on ELR please post some links and we can check to see what’s up.

J

3 Likes

what @Jondamon ndomon said?

4 Likes

I guess that would be helpful:
60vg-40pg
3 mg nic

TFA vanilla custard 6%
CAP marshmallow 4%
TFA brown sugar extra 2%

OR

60vg-40pg
6 mg nic
FW sweet cream 3%
TFA cheesecake graham crust 5%
TFA ripe strawberry 10%
TFA vanilla custard 2%
TFA Bavarian cream 3%

2 Likes

TFA vanilla custard I’ve found works better around 9% in mixes but is quite peppery in taste (cap v1 is a better choice)

I’m presuming with this mix your aiming for a sweetened custard style vape with mouth feel from the Marshmallow and sweetened with the brown sugar.

Do you have any other vanilla flavouring to aid the TFA custard flavour?

I havent used the marshmallow so I can’t say for sure but it could be muting the flavour a little.

If you wanted a custard style vape I would try
8% TFA vanilla custard
2% TFA Vanilla Swirl
2% Brown sugar
And lower the marshmallow a little to about 4%.

2 Likes

From what I’ve seen on here Cheesecake GC is quite overpowering.

Have you tried this without it at all?

J

2 Likes

Perfect! I have vanilla swirl. I’ll give it a try.

1 Like

I have not. This is my first try with this recipe. I will try it without. Thank you so much!

1 Like

With custards the longer you can leave them to steep the better they become.

It’s an acquired taste to vape a fresh custard mix.

I try to give mine at least 7 days but I can vape CapV1 custard almost straight away.

J

3 Likes

…and, on what device are you vaping this flat tasting juice?

1 Like

I’ve let this mix steep for about 4 days so far. I’ll let it continue to do so and order some capv1 in the mean time. Thank you for the input.

2 Likes

I’m dripping the custard and the other in a RTA

2 Likes

I use quite a bit of TFA myself. For mixes such as yours, my steep time would typically be about 2 weeks, minimum; hard to wait that long, but worth it.

2 Likes

I’ll just have to wait. Do my percentages seem reasonable for TFA?

1 Like

Sure. I tend to push my TFA custards and creams a little high. There are some flavors, such as tiramisu and Mexican liqueur, that you must respect or ruin your mix.

2 Likes

I add about 3% purified water to loosen some flavors up and helps w dryness or flatness??

2 Likes

Hi Huff;

Tone the marshmallow down to 2%. Mixing with Marshmallow is usually just for sweetening and mouth texture. 2% is all you need with that. Brown Sugar Extra I am assuming is strong so that’s probably OK at 2% (If you like the favor it gives). I personally found TFA FRENCH VANILLA CREAM (notice I did not say French Vanilla) a much nicer flavor than TFA Vanilla Custard. My opinion of course. Vanilla Swirl is nice as well as @Jondamon says. It does not hurt to throw in just a dash of cheesecake in cream mixes but keep in mind cheesecake flavors require a good steeping.

I think your 2nd recipe has too much creams. If you are shooting for a strawberry cheesecake flavor then drop the Vanilla Custard and the Sweet Cream. Sweeten again with marshmallow 2%. You may have to adjust cheesecake and strawberry to taste after that. Hope that helps…

2 Likes

Thanks for the input, @ringling. I’ll give it a go.

2 Likes

How quickly will I know if I need to adjust flavors? Can I shake and try to get a reasonable idea of where I’m at or does it need to steep to have a grasp?

1 Like

Oh, one more thing. Though neither of your blends used EM, or as most call it Cotton Candy, in time EM can weaken favors. That is why you see me using marshmallow for sweetening. Another tip for non flat ejuice…

One other thing, I have always wondered how the Brown Sugar is made. Could it be EM with other things added. Might watch it as the cause of flat flavors. It’s possible I imagine…