N.E.T Creations and Reviews (Naturally Extracted Tobaccos or Teas)

I have a cigar N.E.T now that i’m letting steep for 6 months. Longer steep time = less % in your mix = less gunked up coils :+1:

And I filter my N.E.T’s down to 1.5 microns

3 Likes

Linger time equals more flavor.

I received a generous sample pack of some of @Kinnikinnick 's NET tobaccos, to try.

I started with the Picayune and was wonderfully impressed. I sample it slowly. A little at a time in a dedicated tank that’s always on my desk, alternating between whatever I’m vaping that day, and the NET. I was worried that the Picayune might have set the bar at the top, and all the others might be a step down.

Until I tried the Izmir Turkish. Oh my, what an outstanding flavor. This is a pull it in, close your eyes, and slowly exhale slice of heaven, for this tobacco lover. The 15% suggestion was a bullseye, as well.

I’m looking forward to trying the rest of the samples.

Excellent work, my friend!

6 Likes

One of my faves as well. However, seems like just about every tobacco extraction has its own personality and tasty qualities to be savored; the more I vape a particular NET, the more I learn to appreciate its nuances.

4 Likes

Yeah, if you nail a NET it is sublime. Ask @TheTinMan1 about some of the NETS I sent him. Some of the best ones take a butt load of time, but so worth it.

1 Like

What are a couple of your favorites?

1 Like

Virginia Flu, Cherry pipe, Cherry Vanilla, and a regular pipe. I am looking forward to Rum Pipe and Raspberry Cream pipe.

2 Likes

this was great to read ive been researching tobacco flaves and i understand these are your own creations i just wanted to say great job to all of you

4 Likes

Here’s an informative read for those of us who love (or are soon to love) the Orientals.

… there are Tobacco recommendation at the end of part 2.

Enjoy! :wink:

4 Likes

As I mentioned to you previously, I asked Santa for the Aeropress for Christmas. I musta been a good boy in 2016 :slight_smile:

But…I fell in love with it as a coffee maker and have yet to use it for NET. About to do that now with some Mac Baren Plumcake that has been in PGA since around August last year.

I don’t have any of the superfine filters, so I’m thinking I’ll run a pass or three through the regular coffee filters then double up on them.

Question - do you evaporate off any of the PGA or do you just bottle it after filtration? (the answer is probably in the thread here but I am too lazy to read it all!). I was thinking if I did evaporate off the alcohol I could take the remaining liquid and mix with PG. Thoughts?

That Plumcake sounds delish! Might have to add that one to an order soon. :wink:

Your thoughts on filtering are just fine. I would suggest after you filter, winterize (freeze) this NET for a few days to allow the gook in the tobacco to precipitate to the bottom of the jar; then filter again, but be careful to leave all the gook at the bottom of the jar.

Then, evaporate the PGA NET down to 1/4 of the original amount; open air, in a closed cupboard… 24/36 hours should do it. However, keep an eagle eye on the evap process… you don’t want to go past the point of 3/4 evap.

Now, you can leave the final amount as a flavoring (suggested) or process/blend it with whatever base you wish.

Hope that helps! :smiley:

2 Likes

Absolutely does, thanks! I figured it was something like that but wanted confirmation. I placed the jar into the freezer about 30 mins ago. I should end up with about 20ml when all’s said and done.

1 Like

This is the color after 3 sing and 3 double filter passes.

2 Likes

Looking good to me…I want to do a PGA NET but in West Virginia and Virginia both you can not get 190 proof…I was told by someone in Maryland you can so I need to make the 80 mile round trip and find out…I can get stuff 190 proof by request from the local bootlegger, but it is just to damn expensive, the trip to Maryland would be much cheaper. :+1:

1 Like

Let me check on that for you. Last I heard they had stopped selling the 190 proof in Maryland also.

1 Like

What are you looking for that 190 proof?

1 Like

A sip while mixing bro

3 Likes

190 proof Everclear seems to be the one most people talk about using for extraction… So far in my area the highest proof I can find is the 151 proof rum and it is much more expensive for doing a NET then I remember Everclear costing. Everclear only comes in I think it was 120 proof in VA and WV both.

1 Like

I have good moonshine for that :relaxed:

2 Likes

I will be making a stop at JR Cigar in Statesville, NC in about 3 weeks. Plan to pick up a few tins of primo pipe tobacco for NETs.

3 Likes