N.E.T Creations and Reviews (Naturally Extracted Tobaccos or Teas)

Looks like you’ll have plenty of fine ones from which to choose, having looked down their list of offerings. :grinning:

1 Like

Yes sir. When I was a trucker that was one of my major stops for pipe tobacco and cigars. Their humidor is probably 2000 sq ft. Very large display case with cigars, walls lined with cigars, cigars stacked between the display case and wall shelves. Did I mention they have a lot of cigars? :slight_smile: And they carry a pretty good selection of McClelland which - of the bigger pipe tobacco companies - has some of the most primo Virginias and Orientals. I think they used to carry Solani and if so I’ll grab their VAPER (Virginia / Perique).

I’m STOKED!

3 Likes

2 MORE WEEKS
and all of my NETS will be 6 months old , wow that was a long wait :laughing:

5 Likes

It is worth the wait. Then when you add your liquids, give 2 to 3 weeks for a steep for best results.

2 Likes

They stopped selling this one in the Netherlands, so I ordered a Mac Baren Vanilla, Toffee / Classic Amber and Zephyr by Orlik, which is a mix of Burley, Virginia and Oriënt tobacco with plum, walnut and vanilla. It is going to be a long wait :sweat_smile:
On the upside, in about a month all my other NETS will reach their 6 months of steeping. :boom:

3 Likes

Excellent!! Hope it rewards you with plenty of goodness!

Just pulled my NET out of the freezer. I used a syringe to draw the liquid off the top. Here’s what was left -

http://i.imgur.com/xftgsdx.jpg

Ended up with 60ml (dammit!!!) of finished liquid. So letting it evaporate 3/4 means I’ll have 15ml of final product. Question is, when I mix how much should I use? I have someone in mind I want to send some to.

http://i.imgur.com/dNOi8jo.jpg

5 Likes

Well, that depends on the strength of the concentrate, you will have to try that out for yourself. No flavour list on ELR to help you out with that one. :grinning:
I’ve had NETS at 15/20% but they only steeped for a month. I’m sure with a 6 month steep the percentage will be significantly lower.

4 Likes

Which pipe tobacco was it?

Anybody know where I can get my hands on some butter rum pipe tobacco?

It is sold out at the moment though.
This one isn’t.
https://www.jrcigars.com/item/imported-pipe-tobacco/altadis-bulk/buttered-rum/1abr

2 Likes

Mac Baren Plumcake

3 Likes

Have you tried any of those?

No, I haven’t but it sounds delicious.

1 Like

Any one ever created a good butter rum vape?

I haven’t come across one yet but I haven’t seen all the recipes on ELR, maybe someone else has got one for you. :grinning:

1 Like

It’s not a tobacco, but @Ken_O_Where has a delicious one called Butterbeer. I’ve also used the LA Butter Rum, adding it to my Butter Overload recipe. It’s not ready for prime time but will release it I’m sure in the next month.

2 Likes

JimK :slight_smile: I have a question…and I feel like I know the answer already but want your expertise just the same. It’s been almost 24 hrs and the evaporation has been just 5ml out of the 60 I started with. So which is more important - time (24-36 hrs) or volume (3/4 evap)? As long as this extracted I’d hate to muck it up. Thanks.

1 Like

I’d say the “down to 3/4”. Some folks don’t mind the alcoholic flavor of the PGA and don’t evap as much… this is totally up to your tastebuds. Give it a try after you evap down to 1/2 and see what you think. :wink:

1 Like
1 Like

Just a thought, because I have not done a PGA tobacco extraction yet. It seems to me in doing research on NET’s that a very slight warm water bath would speed up the evaporation process yet not hurt the flavor. I am talking a small slow cooker on the lowest setting and set up as a double boiler in a well ventilated area.

Not sure if this is true for Tobacco extractions or not.

1 Like