N.E.T Creations and Reviews (Naturally Extracted Tobaccos or Teas)

Hey… it’s all about trial, error and personal preference. :wink: If a certain process works for an individual… so be it.

It’s kinda like when @Josephine_van_Rijn answered a question about steeping. How long should one steep a juice? Her answer was… “when it tastes good to you… it has steeped long enough.”

3 Likes

My general rule of thumb is 6 months for a steep process for the PG pipe flavoring. I think it really brings out the flavor in the mix. It is just my opinion though.

1 Like

Who is the maker of these tobaccos which you macerated into NET?

Local shops here in PA. I do not know companies. It is loose pipe tobacco.

1 Like

Welp… if anyone is a fan of Dunhill cigars or pipe tobacco for their NET purposes… better start cellaring your favorites yesterday! Dunhill could possibly be a memory in about 18 months. :flushed:

http://www.cigaraficionado.com/webfeatures/show/id/dunhill-cigars-may-be-disappearing-19230

…hurts in a bad way! :sob:

Shit, better stock up and get some more of that delicious nightcap in the next 18 months.

1 Like

Between that, Elizabethan, Early Morning, MM 965, Royal Yacht, Dark Flake or any other of ones faves! Let the back ordering begin! :rage:

2 Likes

Number one! :grinning:

1 Dunhill Early Morning Pipe
1 Dunhill Elisabethan Mixture
1 Dunhill London Mixture
1 Dunhill My Mixture 965
1 Dunhill The Aperitif
1 Dunhill The Royal Yacht Mixture
1 DUNHILL Robusto The Signed Range

1 Like

If anything… even if you stop vaping all together and you wind up with cellared tobaccos… you’ll be able to scalp them at one hell of a price in 10 or 20 years! :smiling_imp::innocent:

1 Like

@Kinnikinnick @Skullblade789 @Josephine_van_Rijn

I have never made a net and have vaped very little tobacco (just testing mixes really).

I have a legit question and it is not meant to rub anyone the wrong way so please take it as curiosity.

Tobacco companies are known for their awesomeness of adding chemicals to tobacco particularly cigarettes are pipe tobacco is different? Having never smoked a pipe I have no idea i assume the tobacco is similar to rollies? (don’t know what you call smokes over there you roll yourself). I am wondering if you have done any research into additives (if any) in the tobaccos you use.

I am looking to do a net at some stage (and i know it will take a long time to be ready) for a mate of mine who is a recent convert (4 days old) and I would like to have a little bit more knowledge as to what if anything is added to a pipe tobacco and if there are additives do they to your knowledge translate to the concentrate that is produced by the extraction process you use.

Is there nic in the concentrate (is some of it extracted as well?)

Not trying to put anyone on the spot it is a genuine set of questions.

Cheers

4 Likes

All legit questions! :grinning:

I will dig up the info I have on this topic… so, just stand by. :wink: (Too much info to keep in my little cranial cavity)

3 Likes

While @Kinnikinnick is digging I will give you a bone right now. Pipe tobacco and cigars are (for the most part) not mass produced like cigarettes are. Fewer people use them and usually cigar and pipe smokers do not inhale anyway so I guess it doesn’t really pay to put additional shit in it to keep people hooked. People who smoke pipe or cigar are usually picking certain moments to enjoy their product while cigarette smokers smoke constantly during all sorts of activities, not for enjoyment but for a fix.
I’ve also read somewhere that the stuff used to keep pipe tobacco moist is PG

Nope, it is totally different. RYO tobacco is very fine compared to pipe tobacco. It is cut up in much larger, thicker strips.

Next to none, I always add nicotine to my NET just like I do with synthetic concentrates.

I’m sure @Kinnikinnick will come up with a wealth of additional information. :grinning:
http://www.talkingtobacco.com/2012/09/additives-in-pipe-tobacco/

2 Likes

Hehe… just got back from my “honey-do” run for my lovely wife, but @Josephine_van_Rijn found the exact article I was going to post for you! Done and done! :grinning:

2 Likes

Jeez, and here I was thinking you’d throw in some more info for me to learn from :thinking:

1 Like

I’ll see if I have a few more nuggets of info tucked away in some bookmarked crap. :thinking:

1 Like

Thank you sir for helping out a chronically lazy person :sweat_smile:

1 Like

@woftam So NETS are pretty easy. There are multitudes of extraction methods. So here is what works for me.

Pipe tobacco I usually get from a local business because I support the local shops when I can.

Tobacco I get from a source called “One Leaf”. I think that is the name. International I have no idea. I usually get something called Virginia Flue. It is close to cigs, but sweeter.

So now what do you do with the tobacco? Easy if it is whole leaves cut it up and put in PG. Let soak for about 4 to 6 months. So the pipe tobacco just put it in with the PG.

Container is anything you do not mind using again for eating again. Make sure it has a lid.

After soaking and you are ready for extraction there were many ways to do this. I use a siv that is only used for tobacco. I also use several coffee filters to filter out the large particles. This method will allow some small particles through. It is okay, because you will filter two more times. Once on the final filter you will have your NET.

So what do you do with the NET? Add it as you would any flavoring. You can add other flavors to spice it up. Custards and Bourbon work really well.

Any questions just PM me and hopefully get them answered for you.

4 Likes

@Kinnikinnick @Skullblade789 @Josephine_van_Rijn

Thanks for all the information certainly enough there to let him know that we may well be able to create his favourite flavour in a juice - thanks heaps - he will just have to be patient :grinning:

3 Likes

Glad to help.

1 Like

That right there is the key! It’s hard when you start out making your first batches. :grimacing:

I will say that the cleanest NET extract comes from an ethanol based version. It is a little more work, but the outcome is fantastic! There is a thread on ELR concerning Ethanol extracts and a few even longer on ECF (where I got most of my knowledge about NET extractions); many talented and forward thinking individuals on the ECF NET threads.

My NET maceration version suits me just fine and dandy… relatively fast and painless. Most of them are PG based, 8 hour heat assist start (120-150 degree crock pot), 1 month cool closet steep, twice filtered with (about 20 micron) coffee filters, once filtered with a 2.5 micron filter… mixed at 15% in a 50p/50v 6mg nic base.

If your friend is needing something with a cig quality… I’d lean towards a tobacco blend with a heavier Burley factor; this provides that nice throat hit which comes with the combustion factor of real tobacco.

One of the important things to remember when producing NET… choose a quality tobacco. Garbage in… Garbage out. Quality in… Quality awesome NET vape out! :wink:

2 Likes