Need mod with decent battery life

I fried my 3rd rx200 the other day and am ready to move on. The only reason I stuck with it is because I only had to swap batteries every 24 hours. I run 70 watts on 2 claptons @ ~.4 to .5 ohms. What’s a good 2 battery mod that’s known for better than average battery life? I had an xCube 2 previously and that lasted about 4 hours between charges from what I remember.

1 Like

The SX mini Q’s are at ~96% efficiency. Mine lasts a good long time. I think the SX Mini G is up there too.

1 Like

the reason i have stucked with the Vaporesso Taror PRO 160W is the battery life… though it’s just a dual battery mod, has more battery life than my RX300 or my Cuboid 150W… i use at like 70-110W, and before batteries get drained i am able to vape like 20-25ml… (i always have a second batteries set with me though) :stuck_out_tongue:
my other choice could be istick 100W… though mine isn’t working atm (needs a new 510 thread) it’s battery life is exceptional… dual batteries in parallel :slight_smile:

many people say that Smok Alien 220 has a great battery life, though seems atm that many of these mods stop working unfortunately without any warnings or whatever… from people i know, some of these mod died at once with the batteries at the same time, some others got just a dead screen… while i have seen this problem many times in forums etc… i don’t know if it’s the design since start… or just a defective batch of this product… but as is seems i wouldn’t really recommend atm…

2 Likes

My IPV8 lasts me all day at .4 ohm at 60 watts… I mean that’s a work day anyway and I work in an office but I vape like crazy on breaks and it goes until bed time… but yes I always have two spare sets with me just in case lol an extra mod too lol

1 Like

Another suggestion. You did not say what type claptons you are running. You could drop your core wire size which would allow you to use less power and still produce a similar vape. I am hesitant to mention this not knowing your knowledge base or discipline but you could use batteries that are capable of producing only the amperage needed for the build (leaving a little head room) and increase the mah.

4 Likes

If you can find an IPV5 for a good clearance price, they do quite well with battery life. I got one a few months ago for about $26.00.

2 Likes

PM @Whiterose0818 and he can fix you up with your next mod. The best mod you will ever own made in America by one of our own! You will be glad you did and wonder why you didn’t get one before.

Like @xxanalogxx suggested, check your builds. It’s probably not the mod that’s at fault but your builds and ID that eats your batteries. Higher voltage with low amps saves batteries. I have been told by a friend that the nitecore batteries are very good although expensive

4 Likes

Thanks for the responses. Going with a different build is probably what I’m going to do once I get a new mod. One coil would probably help too. This RDA is supposed to be pretty good for flavor:

http://www.3fvape.com/home/12542-sxk-hadaly-style-rda-rebuildable-dripping-atomizer-w-bottom-feeder-pin-silver-stainless-steel-22mm-diameter.html

For the time being I’m using an IPV mini V2 a buddy gave me. It’s a single battery mod so they drain quickly, but I’ve got enough batteries.

2 Likes

Don’t take this comment the wrong way friend just wanted to point out that if your using your married pairs of batteries in the IPV that you shouldn’t put them back together as a married set in your new dual batt mod when you get it… just stating it for others who may not know that I am not saying that you didn’t know that just a piece of friendly advice :slight_smile:

I actually still use my IPV D2 single batt mod with my kanger subtank as my stealth set up with some high nic unflavored juice for a quick nic hit when I can’t get away to a more vape friendly invornment… 1 ohm build on that thing lasts for days on one batt

2 Likes

I hear you about the married sets of batteries. All my sets are in groups of 3 because of the rx200, so I was already at a disadvantage.

2 Likes

Here’s the thing about “married sets” unless you charge and discharge them to find out there capacity and test them for amp capacity then it doesn’t make much of a difference, and this is a continues process, not a once and done as they will start to change as you use them. How do I know this you may ask? I used to race R.C. cars and get matched battery packs, they would only stay in sink for a few dozen charges then I had to take them apart and re sink them. I’m not saying you shouldn’t keep sets together, but that they are not true married sets. So if you use one and then the other the next day, they will not get that far out of sink as to throw them any farther out of wack than they where to start with.

3 Likes

I’ve had good luck so far with Therion DNA 166 using the HOHM LIFE INR 18650 20.7A(CC) 36.3A(P&P) 3077MAH BATTERIES from https://www.lightningvapes.com/products/hohm-life-inr-18650-20-7acc-36-3ap-p-3077mah-batteries
I get approximately 6 more hours from these compared to my LGHg2s.

2 Likes

I used my Therion DNA 75 all day today and got decent battery life. Was using a 0.26Ω load. Lasted about nine hours. Was vaping pretty steadily all day. Wasn’t thinking about efficiency so I have no stats. My understanding is that the DNA boards are about 85% efficient. That’s actually pretty comparable to the SQ mini Q mini for a normal day. I vape TC with about 50W available so my max current draw would be about 17A. Obviously no worries about available current, only mah. Just taking a swag, that would make sense for a 3000mah battery set. Really nice price per the claimed ratings BTW.

In regard to overall performance I have to depend on Mouch. I don’t have the tools to test. I don’t like to go by his simple chart with pics and quick stats however. There are so many qualifications he gives in a full test report. Considering the way I vape and the the loads I use, almost any battery will perform well for me. That is not to say there are some really crappy/dangerous batteries out there.

I also noticed IPV was mentioned in this thread. I have an IPV8 and it does get good battery life. That makes sense as it is a pared down YiHi chip. Efficiency as far as I can tell is on par with YiHi SX series mods.

3 Likes

I too bought some LG HG2 and they don’t last too long. Actually get better performance with the efest 3000mah. Have some nitecore 3100mah and 3400mah 18650 coming from Amazon as they currently have a married set in case cheaper than everywhere l looked.

That’s good info, I am planning on investing in a new charger like an opus my nitecore has served me well over the last two years or so but doesn’t have all the features to help maximize my batteries… more researching to do I see :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This married battery thing is new to me! I’m using an older iStick TC100W. When I buy new batteries, should I keep them in sets of two and always charge and use them together? I’ve been extremely random up to this point. Or, is this more for mech mods?

It’s always a good idea to buy two batteries that are “identical” (we know that’s not real) and charge them as a pair for a two battery mod. The mod can deal best with “matched” batteries. I don’t know about the “don’t switch between mods” thing. I have a number of “pairs” that I use with a number of two battery mods. I don’t designate a pair of batteries to a specific mod. Another good thing to do as much as possible is take the batteries directly out of the charger and into the mod. The batteries are going to start discharging as soon as you remove them from the charger anyway. That’s a bit of a nit as we all have back-up batteries we carry around charged.

3 Likes

The concern he voiced was not about switching between mods that take more than one battery but about not using them together.

1 Like

And what is the problem with using two mods together? I’ve got four going right now. Me thinks I’m missing something. Even with the monster four battery mod I seem to be fine if I take four “matched” batteries and top them off in a charger together prior to using them as a set.

1 Like

I do do that, though. My wife and I share all of our batteries on two different mods. Hers is the Aspire NX75. Mine is dual, hers a single 18650. Should we color code or mark them to keep them seperate? Thanks for the info, you guys.