New and confused

I think the calculator will be tricky with this, come to think of it. Not a good option. You could mix it by volume instead of weight, though, using one of those pyrex measuring cups from the kitchen.

4 Likes

tks, will try

1 Like

There’s nothing wrong with vaping a nic base straight, whether it’s nic salt or not. You don’t need a calculator for that. Just poor the juice in your e-cig and vape on.
All these things are diluted in VG/PG anyways, so just buy the right VG/PG ratio that you want. I would recommend you get some higher nicotine content base and dilute as you see fit.

If you want a little more freedom in strength that you can vape, you can go for example to https://www.nicotineriver.com where you have more options. You can choose between soft salts, hit salts and they go from 48mg to 250mg.

PS: anything stronger than 50mg, I wouldn’t even put that in a pod… so those higher strengths are ONLY meant to mix up and dilute.

7 Likes

I have Aspire Nautilus, for the popularity of Nautilus coils. 5omg nic salts 50vg/50pg, switched down to 36mg 50/50, and want to try 24mg nic. also would like to reblend the two higher nic bottles I have.
thanks

3 Likes

yes that is the tutorial I watched for basics. it seemed simpler using 100mg nicsalts as ratios are divisible by 100,
thanks for response

3 Likes

good tip, thanks

1 Like

Nautilus should be fine until 70/30 and possibly 80/20

You probably could get away with a 1-3% distilled water saving you the hassle of remixing. It dampens flavours but for unflavoured you it shouldn’t be an issue.

4 Likes

tks, good info

@Al_B.Fine

I have 48mg/ml Salt Nicotine (100% VG Based) and 50% of my recipes are Nicotine base alone. So I vape 24mg/ml salts all the time.

Is this what you bought?

*BASIC eLiquid™ SALT
*Liquid Barn’s 24mg BASIC eLiquid
*BASIC eLiquid - 24mg SALT
*Propylene Glycol: 48.8%
*Vegetable Glycerin: 48.8%
*SALT Nicotine: 2.4%

If so…

You can play with the calculator on ELR, with these setting as your fixed default.

(check this box off)
Set these base values as default

Set:
“Desired Strength” to 12mg
“Nicotine Strength” 24mg
“PG-content of nicotine” 50%
“VG-content of nicotine” 50%

You can make recipes up to 12mg/ml nicotine, maybe 16mg/ml nicotine if you fiddle with the numbers a bit. Half of your recipe will be from the nicotine base you have and show up as the “RED” bar.

Watch the Video again.

If you don’t have the other 3 liquids VG, PG
and some professional Vape ready flavoring.

Then I’m worried that your going to try some home made flavoring that might not be suitable to vape???

The only thing I disagree with in that video is saying to use PG based Nic.

Because if 25-50% of the recipe comes from PG only based Nic and up to 20% of it comes from PG based flavoring. You can’t even get close to making a 50PG/50VG recipe.

But it looks like you might have a blend of 50%/50% Nicotine. They just call it (48.8%/48.8%) So it’s a better start then PG only Nicotine.

5 Likes

thanks, a lot to consider. I need to experiment with vg/pg ratio as far as how it burns, or leaks, from pod.
I dont know if 24mg will be satisfying as a former smoker. I should maybe go buy 100mg nic salt so I can tayler it down as needed.

4 Likes

yea my one friend poo poos my juices cause they not strong enough for him at 24mg/ml. So he buys pod every 2-3 days. :slight_smile:

But if anyone is worried… their are many sources out there about nic salt levels, and if your still concerned contact the mfg you bought it from.

7 Likes

another thanks

2 Likes

If you’re wondering how much nicotine you should get… have a look at the following thread

Most depends on the amount of liquid that you vape / nicotine strength. A lot of people with low nicotine % vape a lot more. People with higher nic % vape less. There are always exceptions, but it’s a general trend.

I wouldn’t immediately focus on getting your nic % down. Stick with what you’re comfortable with until you find out how to work with the calculator and all the different ratios. And read a lot… there’s a lot of info hidden in these forums which you can easily access by the search function.

5 Likes

Can you paste a link to this, please? I read a lot of newb questions and don’t normally see people insulting anyone here.

7 Likes

Uncalled for. Why come to a forum and say that if you want help?

I might sound rude right now, but that’s how your request sounded to me.

It’s turning people away that would normally help you out. You got the suggestions, next time try a different approach, good luck on your journey

7 Likes

Personally I would try your 24mg vg base with 3% distilled water and see if the pod can handle thicker juice. Just mark max vg in the calculator then put 3 in the water/vodka box.

5 Likes

@Al_B.Fine
Your screen name looks VERY familiar. I know it from somewhere.
This ain’t your first rodeo, is it.

4 Likes

Who knows… Stock a pond with fish and the next day the bank is elbow to elbow with anglers.

This is a paradise for vape vendors.

3 Likes

@Al_B.Fine That is NOT typical @ ELR. Welcome TO ELR, and let the questions flow.

8 Likes

Welcome aboard @Al_B.Fine :+1: enjoy your stay, there is plenty of info here to get you where you want to be. This place is filled with people who are more than eager to help the new ones. I still class myself new here and i have learnt alot in my time. Im sure you will too.

Feel free to hit the ‘Flag Post’ button anytime you come across a post that you feel doesnt meet the forums rules. :+1:

5 Likes