New Recipe Showcase (2015-2016)

MF pineapple and MF tropical fruit

I didnā€™t like how they taste. Pineapple taste like itā€™s way, way over ripe. Tropical Fruit is plasticy. Both are gone to the county landfill. I donā€™t recommend them to anyone.

3 Likes

I would order the FLV vanilla pudding or German Flavors vanilla pudding or my third choice ooo vanilla pudding. Also RF vanilla custard tastes like a pudding, the extract i find somewhat buttery as well. I personally would switch the tfa pistachio to FA or FLV and maybe blend the two. I like the idea of the VIenna cream and the butter though. My rendition would look something like this.

3% FLV vanilla pudding
3% German F Vanilla pudding
1% ooo Vanilla pudding
.5% vienna cream
1% Real Flavors RE Vanilla custard
.5% Cap Golden butter
1% FA pistachio
.25% FLV pistachio

Total 10.25

1 Like

I made this recipe in early August and vaped a little each week to check the progression. It was a great mix so after a month of steeping I posted it here on ELR. I put about 100ml in the cupboard and started experimenting with other flavors. A few days ago someone left a comment and 5 star rating that reminded me of how good it was. I took it out of the cupboard and gave it a good shake. Filled up the Avocado 22 with a dual fused clapton build and vaped away. Amazing flavor! So smooth and creamy. Needless to say I have to make another batch because I am already half way through that 100ml bottle.

8 Likes

7 Likes

This looks effin delicious. Thanks for the share. Iā€™ll whip some up this weekend.

2 Likes

BUTTER PECAN PIE
3% FW Butter Pecan
.25% TFA Pecan
3% German Vanilla Pudding
3% FLV Custard
1% RF VG Brown sugar
.5% TFA brown sugar
.25% NF brown sugar
.5 CAP golden butter
.5 CAP sweet Cream
1.5% Zibelli Cookie
1% NicVape Pie Crust

Total 14.5%

@Pro_Vapes you order the german flavors yet? Lol get the cheesecake when you do it is slightly lemony but makes a deadly lemon yogurt parfait.

6 Likes

Damn Ken, another one I canā€™t wait to try (and probably both!).
Thanks for sharing (as always). :slight_smile:

1 Like

I only have 1/4th of those flavors :rage:

Lol only a few could be subbed IMO. The pie crust could be TFA. You could use FLV pudding instead of custard and then drop the German pudding and add RF SCE vanilla custard at say 1.5-2%. I must have every flavor known to man only then will i ā€œknowā€ lol

1 Like

Cheribarb Custard (Ī”)

Ingredient %
Cherimoya YC (INAWERA) 3
Custard (FA) 2
Rhubarb (INAWERA) 0.7
Vanilla Custard v1 (CAP) 4

Flavor total: 9.7%

This one has gone through a few changes, i quite like this version but that doesnt mean i wont mess with it a bit in the future but i wont be for now. Hope someone enjoys it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hereā€™s one most everyone would love I think. You can certainly play with the percentages of mango and guanabana to your liking. I may mix this again with some Tropical Citrus for more tang, but this is great as is.

3 Likes

Vanilla Cookie Custard (Gmix)

Ingredient %
Cream Whipped (FA) 0.8
Holy Vanilla (DIYFS) 1.5
Oatmeal Cookie (SC) (Real Flavors) 1.5
Rich Cinnamon (Flavorah) 0.1
Vanilla Custard v1 (CAP) 6

Flavor total: 9.9%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!

Made 11-3-16
Tested 11-26-16

A light airy Custard with a deep Oatmeal Cookie note. It reminds me of a cream filled Little Debbieā€™s Oatmeal Cake, only deeper like itā€™s freshly made.

Cream Whipped (FA) - This adds the cream note and lighten and fluff the custard giving it a feel of a creamy filling. It also opposes the darker Cinnamon and Cookie notes balancing the lite and dark notes.

Holy Vanilla (DIYFS) - Simply put, perfect for this mix. This also adds a lighter note that help keep this from being too heavy and dark. It works very good with the Whipped Cream to create a Cream Filling effect.

Oatmeal Cookie (SC) (Real Flavors) aka Oatmeal Cookie (Raw Extracts) (Real Flavors) - I donā€™t know why itā€™s tagged as (SC) on ELR. My guess is itā€™s for (Super Concentrate), but it only adds confusion IMO. There is a Super Concentrate Brand in the database already.

Anyway, this is the only Oatmeal Cookie I have and it is spot on. Paired with FLV Rich Cinnamon itā€™s tastes like a actual Oatmeal Cookie to me. If anyone know of better version please let me know. It takes on a dark note in this mix, but itā€™s well balanced against the cream, vanilla and custard notes.

Rich Cinnamon (FLV) - This flavor does the job in deepening the cookie note giving this cookie a bite that make it taste like a real Oatmeal Cookie. The best Cinnamon out there IMO.

Vanilla Custard v1 (Cap) - The base, binder and smoother. It brings everything together.

The (RF) Raw Extracts are alcohol based and need to breathe at least 24 hrs or you will get a slightly weird off note. I heat the finished mix just a little and shake vigorously and leave uncapped for 24 hrs for the alcohol to dissipate.

Rich Cinnamon (FLV) = 1 drop per 30 mls.

Steep 3-4 weeks.

5 Likes

Very Berry Melon Gmix

Ingredient %
Anise (FA) 0.4
Blackberry (MF) 1
Blueberry (Flavorah) 2
Blueberry (MF) 0.6
Liquid Stevia (Pyure) 0.4
Sour Wizard (FA) 0.5
Watermelon (Medine Flower) 0.75

Flavor total: 5.65%

NOTES
Made 11-09-16
Tested 12-05-16

This is a fun mix. It really dazzles my palate with berry and melon highlights. Similar to a berry punch, itā€™s just full of flavorā€¦ big batch worthy. Blueberry is sometimes tart, but there is no tartness to this at all. I spun this off my Cukeberry Salad mix that has more of a throat hit, which I was hoping to alleviate and it worked out perfectly. Itā€™s just a bright happy fruit mix.

Anise (FA) - I like using Anise in low percentages to enhance and sweeten fruit flavors. At this percentage it doesnā€™t give a candy type flavor, it only sweetens and lift the fruit flavors.

Blackberry (MF) - There is no tartness to this Blackberry at all. It has a slight sweetness and a very light note for Blackberry. It kinda remind me of a Grape/Blueberry mix. Iā€™ve had trouble in the past trying to create a Blueberry that I really like. I pair this with Blueberry to get a very good Blueberry note.

Blueberry (FLV) & Blueberry (MF) - These two gives the best BB Iā€™ve tasted. BB FLV isnā€™t a full BB note and BB MF is too much and slightly tart. These two meet in the middle to create a very good BB flavor.

Liquid Stevia (Pyure) - I canā€™t praise this sweetener enough. This sweetens and rounds out the rough edges bringing this mix together.

Sour Wizard (FA) - I use this to make the fruits pop. I never really used any sours before this one, but now I see why some mixers like to to use sours to enhance fruit flavors. This make the fruit flavors explode in your mouth.

Watermelon (Medine Flower) - IMO itā€™s the best Watermelon for DIY use. This takes on a secondary note, but not by much. It pairs perfectly with the BBs. Just the perfect layer to compliment the BBs.

Steep 3-4 weeksā€¦ use no heat.

2 Likes

Hey PV!
Rather than trying to dig through all the layers (assuming your stash and notes are public) Iā€™ll just ask directly.

Having recently received my MF order (Lotus branded), what SF percentages would you recommend for startout testing with regard to:
Butterscotch
Caramel
Orange
White Chocolate

Thanks to every MFing endorser here (and I mean it) for baiting the hook so hard for the past nine months of readingā€¦that I had to pull the trigger thanks to the awesome sale on the 5ml sizes!

3 Likes

I have a small tester that was sent to me, but I havenā€™t used it yet. If itā€™s anything like the Caramel Iā€™d say about 1%.

Iā€™ve only used this as a mixer and I wasnā€™t really sure how I felt about it. Nothing really set it apart from the others Iā€™ve tried. I havenā€™t tried a SF on this, but from the mixer Iā€™d say SF is 1-1.5%.

This is crazy concentrated with the zest and all. Iā€™d say start at .25 and work it up if needed.

This one I donā€™t have.

4 Likes

White choclate mf as a single flavor I would recomend 0.5% to taste the initial notes. Iā€™ve been working more with it in bakery and red fruit (strawberry / raspberry) mixes at 0.5-1.25 with the norm of 0.75. I find it better as a lower level accent flavor not available by other manufacturers.

4 Likes

Zingers (Gmix)

Ingredient %
Cake Batter (SC) (Real Flavors) 1.5
Coconut (FA) 1
Frosting (Flavorah) 0.5
Holy Vanilla (DIYFS) 0.75
Meringue (FA) 1.5
Pound Cake (Flavorah) 1.5
Strawberry Filling (Flavorah) 0.75
Wild Raspberry (MF) 0.6

Flavor total: 8.1%

NOTES

Made 11-01-16
Tested 11-20-16
Tastes pretty good, but the flavors arenā€™t really defined as Iā€™d like them to be. I get some Coconut but itā€™s kinda muffled.

Steep further.

Retested 12-10-16
This steeped into a very good Zingers flavor. Itā€™s definitely hitting on all the notes intended.

Cake Batter (SC) (Real Flavors) and Pound Cake (Flavorah) - These are a secondary note for this mix. Together these make a lighter/softer cake feel than the PC FLV alone. Creamy soft with a very defined cake note.

Coconut (FA) - My favorite Coconut. This blends well without overpowering the mix. It did seem a bit mild at 2 weeks, but the flavor came more forward with steep.

Frosting (Flavorah), Holy Vanilla (DIYFS) and Meringue (FA) - These 3 together combines to create the filling. Itā€™s very lite, sweet and fluffy. The HV (DIYFS) lift the overall mix and brighten the flavor notes. Meringue adds the fluff and sweetens this mix. Frosting (Flavorah) adds additional sweetness and compliments the cake notes.

Strawberry Filling (Flavorah) ā€“ This lightens the Raspberry which can be a little too strong. It also gives a sticky fruit jam effect thatā€™s there in a Zinger.

Wild Raspberry (MF) - My no.1 choice for a solid Raspberry note. This is the top note for this recipe. Slightly tangy with a very defined Raspberry flavor. Mixed with SB Filling it takes on a slightly jammy note.

Steep 1 month minimumā€¦ Use no heat.

6 Likes

I see this AFTER i put the mixing table awayā€¦ This is getting mixed tomorrow, looks so goodā€¦

I released a few that i am finally satisfied with:

Jovian Sunspot

Ingredient %
Coconut Extra (TPA) 0.5
Coconut Milk (LB) 2
Cranberry (Flavorah) 1.5
Fuji Apple (FA) 1.75
Liquid Amber (FA) 0.25
Orange Creamsicle (CAP) 3

Flavor total: 9%

This was inspired by my favorite show of all times, Babylon 5. It is said that it was John Sheridanā€™s favorite drink so for me it was a must to mix it. I went back through some of the B5 usenet discussions as well as what is available online to make something that the good Captain Sheridan would have enjoyed, i hope you will too.

Sopapilla Cheesecake Bar

Ingredient %
Cheesecake (LA) 3
Funnel Cake (CAP) 3
Holy Vanilla (DIYFS) 0.75
Honey (FA) 0.15
Pie Crust (TPA) 1
Rich Cinnamon (Flavorah) 0.15

Flavor total: 8.05%

A few years ago i had one of these cheesecake bars and new i had to mix it, i tried and failed a couple times but i am finally satisfied. JoJo suggested using a cheesecake flavoring with graham and had a particular one in mine, sadly it isnt released yet but as soon as i get the okay ill report on what i thought of it with JoJos suggestion.

It will need a few weeks curing, the cinnamon simmers a bit and the creaminess hits around the 3 to 4 week mark.

Oatmeal Cake

Ingredient %
Brown Sugar (TPA) 0.75
Butter Pecan (FW) 2.5
Coconut Extra (TPA) 1
Condensed Milk (SC) (Real Flavors) 0.25
Golden Butter (CAP) 0.5
Oatmeal Cookie (SC) (Real Flavors) 1.5
Rich Cinnamon (Flavorah) 0.15
Toasted Marshmallow (TPA) 1.5
Vanilla Custard v1 (CAP) 2
Yellow Cake (CAP) 2

Flavor total: 12.15%

I have played around with this recipe for a long time, no oatmeal flavorings ever did the job, until now. I wanted to create a vape worthy of my favorite cake so nothing less than yum was going to work.

Flavorings that i replaced for this version:

Oatmeal Cooke TPA
Oatmeal OOO
Cinnamon Danish Swirl CAP
Sweet Cream TPA
Yellow Cake FW

Happy Vaping!

8 Likes

I have used Butterscotch MF in the .75-1% range, dont even touch it before two months as the flavor completely changes around then.

I agree with this, honestly it is easier and less expensive to use a combination of other flavorings. Ill grab Caramel (SC) (RF) next time around.

4 Likes