New Recipe Showcase 2018

Just wondering how this goes, it looks like a nice additive that is a bit different, I’ve have been reading the notes, so I think this goes on the list. :wink:

I’m always on the look out for flavours like this, a complete recipe needs side notes to play in tune with the melody. (Something I’ve learnt this week).

2 Likes

I just recently started learning about flavor bending and I wanted to see if this would make the blueberry in the recipe pop. It actually added a really nice lavander back note to the recipe and made it go from a good recipe to a great one. I’ve been mixing for a little over a year now (almost daily) and I’m still learning too. There’s so many flavors out there that its next to impossible to know them all. The flavor notes are a big assett. I keep mine in a hard cover notebook.

5 Likes
2 Likes

This mixing is just like nursing, there is always something new to learn. I hope I’m remembering correctly and you said you were a nurse once before.

I’m still relying on my photographic memory, but 2 months in and I’m starting to get information overload.

But I think I’ll hunt that flavour down, I can’t imagine it would be that common.

3 Likes

I’m the same way as you, yep I’m a nurse too.
I got the flavor from bullcity but I’m not sure where u go to in Aussie.

4 Likes

I’d suggest using which ever you like most… that’s what I did. Caramel and Vanilla are second and third notes. Use them at at 1/2 single flavor strength or less. You only need to accent the tobaccos… good luck.

2 Likes

I won the DIY Down Under March contest with this recipe!! I belong to a group on fb and id like to share it with all of you.

19 Likes

Congratulations with the win!
It looks a very nice recipe that I might have to try out.
Will need to get me some VTA concentrates?

2 Likes

Awesome! I steeped it a few weeks. If u like bakery then you’ll really enjoy it! The pears really do taste caramelized and over ice cream.

The butter is fantastic!!! If ur gonna get butter this would be a better choice than FA bcuz I’m hearing that FA butter is not gonna be sold anymore. This one is really great!!!
I got the VTA in the recipe from BCF

3 Likes

Looks tasty!
Congrats on the win!

About the Honeycomb (VTA)… What profile is that? Like the American cereal “Honeycomb”? Or in the traditional sense of the word, ie: made by bees?

Also, would FA Butter sub out alright (with an adjusted percentage)? Or are you not familiar with it?

TIA!

2 Likes

Thank you :))
Its more like a warm and dark caramel with a slightly sticky mouthfeel. Its what gives the pears a nice caramelized note. It worked fantastic for that here!

I’m not sure how it would be as far as percentages for a FA sub but from what I hear about the it it can sub for it. The VTA butter is spot on creamy beautiful butter with no weird off notes. It smells strong but at .5% it didn’t overwhelm the recipe at all. I used it just like I would in a food recipe and it worked great!!

2 Likes

Aussie honeycomb not from bees

6 Likes

Thank you sir!

2 Likes

Used to love making that stuff when a kid!
It always amazed me when it would foam and froth when the bicarbonate was added! Magical!

5 Likes

Whoa… cant be true, can it?! Where did you hear this? Gonna have to bulk up on it asap if true.

2 Likes

you cld buy it outside the USA

2 Likes

Cool, thanks. So its not being discontinued?

3 Likes

I heard it on one of the vape forums I goto, not sure which one tho. But that’s great if it can be bought else where like @fidalgo_vapes says.

3 Likes

I got this in a couple days ago from DIY Vape Supply…

5 Likes

i know that its not being sold through North america FA so here in the US ecx and NR and others wont be able to restock , that includes the FA cream whipped as well which imo is more of a loss than the butter , but i do believe you can buy from FA i think its their from the kitchen line , ill look and link

btw i could be completely wrong , i did watch waynes video about the drama with FA and diyvs and id101 or something like that some mixer from ATF

3 Likes