New Recipe Showcase 2018

It’ll still be sold. Just not in North America.
The douchebags running FA NA, have decided to pull diketone flavors off the market.

It was mentioned here a month or two ago, but most have already disappeared off the shelves (the last of the whipped cream was only found at DIYVS when I looked a month ago).

Here’s one source of details though:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DIY_eJuice/comments/8a18mo/fuck_you_shaun_casey/

(Shaun’s the head of FANA FWIW…)

6 Likes

thats the drama i was speaking of lol , ty what a good read and i agree with id10t

2 Likes

sadly i just read that drama, i want 10 mins of my life back! :rofl:

3 Likes

informative at least right ?? i was wondering why ECX dropped the yummy FA flaves

2 Likes

Wow. Well, thanks for the info everybody! Butter and Cream Whipped are pretty important ingredients in a lot of our arsenals. Sorry for derailing.

4 Likes

This is what I’ve made this year so far.

Hope you enjoy!

6 Likes

This came out very Sprite-ish and tasty. There’s a very good Lemon-Lime top note in a creamy base, followed by a graham cookie back note. This is very much reminiscent of a Lemon-Lime Pie. Spot on IMO.

Lemon Lime Icebox Pie (Gmix)

Ingredient %
Cookie (Biscotto) (FA) 0.80
Cream Whipped (FA) 1.20
Frosting (Flavorah) 0.50
Graham Cracker (SC) (Real Flavors) 0.35
Lemon (MF) 0.03
Lemon Lime (CAP) 1.50
Lime (Flavorah) 0.03
Vienna Cream (FA) 1.00

Flavor total: 5.41%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!
4 Likes

im so upset with you right now , ive been working on a key lime pie vape , and you put this out which loooks greaaat lol , im not really upset this may help me a bit get where i want to be , nice looking recipe i need to get the Cap lemon lime

2 Likes

I actually forgot I had it. This is a v2 of an earlier version. After reading about lemon-lime on a different thread it came to mind. I vaped it and it was like BOOM! I need to try it on a fresh wick.

Although this mix is good as is, I think it can be improved. I do have a v3 in the pipeline that should be more creamy as the lemon-lime is solid. I’d just like for it to be a bit more creamy/smooth. Considering the low flavor % of the v2, I can add a couple flavors to sweeten and smooth this out even more…

WIP

Lemon Lime Icebox Pie v3

Ingredient %
Cookie (Biscotto) (FA) 0.80
Cream Whipped (FA) 1.20
Frosting (Flavorah) 0.50
Graham Cracker (SC) (Real Flavors) 0.35
Lemon (MF) 0.06
Lemon Lime (CAP) 1.50
Lime (Flavorah) 0.03
Vanilla Custard v1 (CAP) 5.00
Vienna Cream (FA) 1.00

Flavor total: 10.44%

5 Likes

I named this Antidote because it’s the cure if you’re experiencing bad mixes… Just Joking!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:… But this mix is amazingly tasty. If you’re looking for a apple forward fruity mix you should enjoy this one.

I’m sure some mixers look at this and think… “5 flavors @1.95% total flavor… no effing way!” I call it MF MAGIC!

Antidote

Ingredient %
Anise (FA) 0.25
Green Apple (MF) 0.50
Liquid Stevia (Pyure) 0.35
Peach (MF) 0.40
Pear (MF) 0.45

Flavor total: 1.95%

8 Likes

… suddenly I have lots of lemon recipes to try … lol
I’ve seen a lot of recipes with Lime Flv, and it’s really good lime, but since I tasted shisha lime (inw), I found this very good and easier to work with! :wink:

4 Likes

I’m going to mix Antidote with magic … I’m not adept at anise, but I read somewhere that this flavor made magic in this fruity. :wink:

2 Likes

It was one of the things that popped off your recipe.

For some it is hard to justify the price of MF. But just like getting into DIY there is an initial investment. My initial investment for scales, flavors, PG, VG and nic was $98. This netted me quite a bit of juice, but at percentages in the 13-20% range of flavor per mix. Looking at less than 2% in a mix, you would think, should put the value of MF in perspective.

All that being said I have yet to order MF and can’t really justify another order until I reduce my stash.

9 Likes

Smooth Mint Chocolate Ice Cream… Pretty spot on IMO.
You can Sub VBIC TPA for VIC LB @ 3%. It’ll probably make it better.

Mint Chocolate Ice Cream (Gmix)

Ingredient %
Cream Fresh (FA) 0.75
Dark Chocolate (MF) 0.80
Mint (MF) 0.30
Vanilla (MF) 0.60
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (TPA) 2.20

Flavor total: 4.65%

7 Likes

Swisher Sweets (Gmix)

Ingredient %
Am4A (INAWERA) 1.20
Anise (FA) 0.25
Cherries (INAWERA) 0.80
Menthol 25% (DIY) 2.00
Red Burley (Flavorah) 1.50
Vanilla (MF) 0.30
Virginia Tobacco (Flavorah) 1.50

Flavor total: 7.55%

This started out as an attempt to make a Cavendish tobacco flavor, but ended up as a Swisher Sweet Cigar that is popular in the hood where I’m from.

The cherry note in this version is more prominent than the original SS Cigar, but I’m really enjoying this way. Feel free to tweak the cherry if you want it more of a back note… maybe .4-.5%

Added 1.7% menthol on 4-17-18
I did go a bit overboard with the menthol, but that’s just a personal preference. I’m dealing with a cold right now and it really opens my sinuses. If you’re a menthol fan I recommend adding a menthol % to your own liking or you can leave it out altogether.

Notes about Cavendish…

Not really a type of tobacco – it’s more a method to treat it.
It’s typically made of Virginia or Burley that is cured, heated, and pressurized in a special way, a process that results in a quite mild and gentle tobacco. The natural taste is almost gone, and it’s typically rather sweet, and in modern Cavendish there’s almost always added some sort of ’casing’, taste, and it’s therefore often a component of Aromatic blends. It’s black or very dark brown, and it can taste of everything from vanilla, strawberries, and cherry, to rum, whisky, and liquorice – very often something that will make you extremely popular with people around you.

Sometimes a sweet but unflavored Cavendish is used as a soft element in a heavy mixtures or together with Virginia and Perique.

2 Likes

Thank you all for all the recipes and inspiration!
I am new at all of this so bear with me, I quit smoking on Jan 22 this year and immediately decided this vaping stuff will be in my life from now on.
Almost immediately I got into the coil building and DIY part of the hobby and I am progressing nicely especially in the DIY area.
I have several recipes steeping right now, some bad, a few decent and some really starting to come into their own as they continue to steep so hopefully I might have some more flavorful recipes to post down the line.

This one is about my progression and experiments with RY4.
As much as I love the fruits and bakery mixes it is the cigarette-like mixes that are the ones I don’t ever get tired of right now.
I get bored with most flavors quickly for some reason but these RY4 recipes can easily be all day vapes…to me.
All three of these are recent mixes and very simple and I am enjoying every one but each one seems to be better than the one before as I advance.
The first one I made on 4/4 and the other two within a week later and all of them, to me, seem to be pretty darn good off the shake but I suspect with more steeping time they will get even better…hopefully

My first recipes I am proud to post and since I used to smoke menthol stinkies you can see why I have kept adding other ingredients with each new recipe.
Not perfect but they are doing the job.

Version 1…simple but it works.
http://tjek.nu/r/kMNe

NY cheesecake (CAP) .5%
RY4 Double (TPA/TFA) 5%
Sweet Cream (CAP) .5%

Version 2…Added some menthol
http://tjek.nu/r/kEYr

Menthol Flavor (CAP) .5%
NY cheesecake (CAP) .5%
RY4 Double (TPA/TFA) 5%
Sweet Cream (CAP) .5%

Version 3…Added coconut because I just love that flavor, also upped the RY4, the menthol and the sweet cream and seems to be a bit more “fuller” flavor.
http://tjek.nu/r/kMNe

Coconut (CAP) 3%
Menthol Flavor (CAP) 5%
NY cheesecake (CAP) .5%
RY4 Double (TPA/TFA) 7%
Sweet Cream (CAP) 2%

I mixed all these at 50/50 because I use them all in a D16 Joyetech pen and a Zelos using both a Nautilus 2 and a Nautilus Mini tank.
All seem to work well at lower wattage using 1.0-1.8 coils on the Zelos and any coil from .6 ohm on up on the pen.

4 Likes

I have a quick and hopefully easy question. If you were to replace the flavorah lime with either fa lime tahity cold pressed, mf lime, or inawera lime, could you suggest what you think would be the best sub and at what percent? Thanks!

3 Likes

Lemon Iced Cookies (Gmix)

Ingredient %
Cookie (Biscotto) (FA) 2.30
Cream Whipped (FA) 0.75
Frosting (Flavorah) 0.50
Lemon (MF) 0.07

Flavor total: 3.62%

Made 1-5-18

I adapted @VapeyMama’s McCookie recipe. This profile looks very good, but I had to sub some flavors. I’ve tried a Lemon Iced Cookie a couple times, but I failed miserably. After viewing @VapeMama’s recipe things kinda snapped into place. Big Thanks for your recipe and inspiration.

Well I’m a little late with this mix review, but it is really worth the wait. I really can’t claim any of these flavors take the lead in this mix, as it really has a well balanced flavor. Sometimes keeping things simple with solid flavors works best.

I try to recreate actual food recipes (most times) when I mix and this is a true representation of what I hoped for from the above picture. This is a excellent mix.

Lemon MF = 2 drops per 15mls.

Seriously long steep… 6-8 weeks.

9 Likes

Sorry I missed your request, but so far I haven’t been able to replace Lime FLV in my mixes… but TBH I haven’t tried. Maybe someone with experience with your suggested subs can help out.

I would think Lime MF would work if it’s as authentic as the Lemon and Orange MF. I’d suggest only adding a drop or 2 drops per 30 mls to start.

5 Likes

This looks delicious!! I can totally see me getting reeled into the MF flavors for this one!! It’s my hubbys fav. Ice cream too :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes