Other Hobbies?

Oh that looks like a great start. Good luck to the trip of an other rabbit hole! :grinning: :+1:

4 Likes

And it really is, already, hehe. I grabbed a set of Gelly Roll Pens and some markers last week along with another set of pencils as i like some of the wifes colors better. And who doesnt need an electric eraser?

Some of the wonderful folks that gave me advice warned me to go slow but i think that the majority of us here have no idea how to do that. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

What I can tell you as a (about 9 years) painter/art teacher is this, a medium the most of the times is just a medium to can express somethink you feel, even if this feeling is just the ā€˜ā€˜happinessā€™ā€™ of coloring something. Find a medium and learn how to use it is a very good advice. But if you feel that it is not for you, itā€™s ok find an other medium, but many times we give much time on thinks that it is not important, and here the important is this exciting moments that art makes you feel. Doesnā€™t matter if it is a pencil, acrylic, oil or video camera, lights, wood or iron but what gives you the ability to ā€˜ā€˜writeā€™ā€™/paint this feelings. Well, this is my opinion! Hope my translation is not that bad and you can understand the feeling I try to pass!

7 Likes

Its perfect and easily readable. Thank you much for the input. One of the most difficult obstacles for me to overcome is order, in my old way of thinking everything had an order, no room for chaos. In other words i just thought too much because my brain never allowed me a spare moment from having 90 thoughts at a time run through it.

Now, when i sit down to color everything goes a weird kind of blank, im not really sure how to describe it as it is very new to me. It is pretty awesome tho. I just sit down, scan colors and they are chosen.

4 Likes

I can understand exactly for what are you talking about. Maybe we canā€™t because it is a feeling that we (humans) havenā€™t give a name on it. I call it anti-turbulence (for my mind) moments/time. Ok I start the philosophy, time for me to go sleep!

5 Likes

I am a gun collector, machinist, gunsmith, reloader, shootiest, and lot more hobbies.

God Family Guns and Vape.

8 Likes

@Mix_and_Hope Liking that Surefire ā€¦

6 Likes

I, for one, think itā€™s beautiful!! And Iā€™m a tad bit jealous of itā€¦ :wink:

2 Likes

Do you use those flavors as gun oils, @SessionDrummer??

2 Likes

very nice @SessionDrummer, yea man that surefire will blind anybody, very nice light for home defense

1 Like

I think a 100% VG base recipe would be great for the slide action, but no citric acid flavors, just creamy type flavors

2 Likes

Thank You @Molly_Mcghee, I think it is to, after I tricked it out, I think the Glocks are the ugliest guns on the market, but very dependable and accurate . the stock Glocks have no serrations for chamber check that I like,
and no grip on handles, that is why I serrated, stippled, and relief undercut on trigger guard. I put an aggressive
type stippling job for sweaty hands in a Life threatening situation . and made it look battle worn.

2 Likes

I use my discard for English muffins [and pancakes, waffles, etc.]

I am sure you know, feeding the starter is best when done by weight instead of volume,
although I only weigh my starter these days. I feed using 4oz starter by weight, then 4oz
flour [or 1 cup], and 4oz water [or 1/2 cup]
When I need extra [starter] for recipes, I simply double-up at my feedingsā€¦8oz-8oz-8oz etc.
until I have what I want.

The ONLY downside to sourdough breads is PATIENCE.

I keep some starter in the fridge, some on the counter. I have developed 3 different flavors
of starters way back when, and I always have King Arthur starter. I only use King Arthur
flour these daysā€¦all purposeā€¦and bread flour.

You know I am always willing to talk with you, so never hesitate, Brother.

9 Likes

I donā€™t think itā€™s ever a good time to NOT smell good. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Mix_and_Hope You know the deal, bad things donā€™t always happen during the daylight, hehe.

3 Likes

I want that bookā€¦I need a technique book. I have a coloring book but itā€™s just pictures. :confused:

Not sure what youā€™d call it, but I call it peace. :wink:

I write. That is my ā€œcreativeā€ medium right now. And crossword puzzles are my happy place.

4 Likes

It is a wonderful book, nice paper and tutorials. Might want to scan the images first in case you dont like what you have done when finished. The one big downside is that there are images on both side of the paper and some of the techniques you are taught can bleed through.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s gone straight into my cart! I also color though havenā€™t been at it in a long while. These are my favorite pencils. They have a hard lead that gets a good point but they still blend fairly easily and they erase.

3 Likes