Pugsley's Right Riveting Review of the Digiflavor Pharaoh RDA ...or RDTA...?

ok because i cant stand drippers so my next thing i want to try is an rta where the cotton is soaked

If you can choke back the urge to puke long enough to watch this video, Rip gives an updated instruction on the proper use of the Pharaoh. I started using it this way and love it…so easy and effective. FYI - I’ve never been a big fan of dripping either. But I also hear too many good things about it to dismiss it entirely which is why I’ve bought my fair share of them in the past. Used to get a lot of enjoyment from the Freakshow. Liked the Dark Horse pretty good too. Then I tried the Velocity clone and the vape was (is!) stellar. Still, I don’t care for the whole drip, vape 10 puffs, drip, vape 10 puffs. This thing though, I get several very intensely flavorful puffs followed by several that wane some in taste but still very good. It suits me better and if you’re a tank guy I think it would be more satisfying for you too while still technically being a dripper.

2 Likes

I will check it out since you took the time thank you

1 Like

Ha, my first ‘proper’ RDA [not counting the oddball ones I bought about 3yrs back that never really used] was the darkhorse, I had issues with mine though, the chuff cap didn’t fit, which was weird, and i found it fiddly to build on, so i took it back to the shop and exchanged for a Bellus RTA. Then went and bought a Velocity clone online. Still have that Velocity, and still love it. Though it does drink up the juice fast, the flavour is incredible.

@Pugs1970 looks like I did the same as @SthrnMixer except mine was Titanium. I was messing around, using what was on hand and made this …26 ga Ti wrapped on 22 ga Ti. It sat in a bag for a couple months because it was too big to fit on anything …except the Pharaoh! .10 Ohms and sweeet! (powered by iJoy LUX 215)

2 Likes

very nice work Bo, how you gettin on with the Pharaoh?

I have seen people complaining about their Pharaoh’s starting to leak through the 510 pin and i hope that you guys won’t be having that issue with this RDA.

2 Likes

not that I’ve noticed, what I have noticed though after living with it for a while is that it’s a bit of a faff to fill up, the fill hole is tiny and with you not being able to see how much is in it you more often than not get in a mess, and I know it sounds petty but having to unscrew it every time you want to drip is also a bit of a pain, I prefer to pop drip pop and go, but they are small sacrifices for what is essentially a great dripper.

1 Like

I’m glad it is working as it should for you with the positives and negatives it has. All in all i’m sure it is a good RDA.

1 Like

I had the same issue at first. Using only needle tip bottles was also an issue as these days I’m mostly onto the screw tops or glass drippers. Then I saw the following update from Rip. I started doing it this way and it made all the difference. In fact yesterday while I was driving between Columbia, SC and Atlanta, GA I was able to drip and drive (not a good practice, but the point is I could do it) and if you will adopt this method I know you’ll be happier. You also might want to watch the video from the beginning, but I have it starting right at the point where he shows the better method.

2 Likes

Ha…no way, I’ve been doing it like this anyway without knowing about the vid, cheers though fella :thumbsup:

2 Likes

Hey guys… sorry I’ve been away a while… (amazing what happens when your landlord doesn’t pay their mortgage while you are renting it)… anyways… we’ve relocated and are settling in the new place.

@Pugs1970 - I bought this RDTA based off of your review… and I’m definitely not disappointed.

Great review - keep up the great work!

4 Likes

awesome :grin:, glad you liked it man, good to have you back :wink: :+1:

2 Likes

I don’t know you but welcome back anyway

Definitely a great review. It is on my next shopping list item.

This not meant to be a slam on reviewers and the like, it is just my take.

Honestly if you look at reviews out there they are dull and we’ll not informative at all. You and some others, not mentioning names as for the fear of being shot, make the reviews easy to read and enjoyable. It does not make me a junky to go get the latest and greatest, gotta go now get my vaping fix. It is an informative opinion on the device. If you take these reviews as salt of the earth then you limit yourself on what you will and will not like. I take reviews with a grain of salt and go okay, like the deck, what could I do with it.
Basically do not be sheep. Read the reviews form your own opinion and do what you do best.
Now that rant out of the way, Pugs awesome job and it is really a pleasure to read your reviews.

1 Like

Thanks man, glad you’re a fan, it’s nice to be appreciated :+1: check the site out if you haven’t already :wink:

holy fuckballs iv’e just seen how many times this review has been viewed :flushed:…shiiiiiit

2 Likes

Honestly it is a good review. Wouldn’t BS you.

1 Like

Hello all, first off great review!

I recently got myself a Pharaoh and started building some fused claptons of my own. I was looking for something to quickly try new juices I’ve come up with to see steeping changes, instead of have to rebuild my tanks or wait on them to be completely dry and this is so much easier for juice changes.

I just have one question:
My pharaoh seems to have a leaking issue. Not from the air holes specifically but from the air flow control ring. Coming from where the top cap meets the ring and out the seam at the bottom of the ring.

Has anyone here experienced this or is it just me? I’ve tried replacing the oring between the top cap and the AFC ring with no luck. It’s not a big issue since I just use it at home but was wondering if maybe there was a fix or if I just got a bad one. Or some kind of clone. Seemed pretty legitimate and I got it from Eciggity.

1 Like