Quantities in Medicine Flower bottles?

Damn PV, you’re turning into a MF junky huh? I got my christmas package today. It has Honeydew and Caramel in it. I will be preparing all utensils with fresh builds. It will take the whole weekend. I am sure they will take care of their single issue shortly and straighten it out. Hell, just rename the flavors on the website 12.50ml of. . … It’s a piece of cake Hell have a mislabeled product sale. This whole thread minus an unfortunate Brit would be cool right there. Assuming MF have Pear flavor, I havent looked.

1 Like

They DO have Pear.

1 Like

If you’re doing that for the MF flavors you can take a couple weeks to get the rebuilding done. That’s how long it takes for the watermelon to steep.

1 Like

wow, really? 2 weeks for watermelon to steep?
i mean, i dont really have any grounds for surprise, just the fact that i waited 10 days for the honeydew melon and then proceeded to suck down 30mls like i was ina fu**ing vaping contest! i dont think that 30ml bottle lasted til the next morning, it was so good! i mixed a 120ml bottle next and i have set that aside…then i made a 30ml bottle of all the rest of the flavors, followed by one last bottle containing a butterscotch/caramel mix…i, uh, um, i guess i could wait 2 weeks…theres no control to this, ya know? they are already the best at 1% and 10 day steep…so theres no comparison, just awesomeness! whos to say that 4 weeks wont be better than 2 weeks? i guess someone with rock-solid patience could perform a complete analysis, with controls ranging from 10 days to 6 weeks, give or take, right?

2 Likes

I vaped mine after a shake 2hr hot usc n vape. It never made it to sundown. I have 120 mls steeping. It’s been a week. I’ll hold off for another week and compare the 2.

I am just vaping my first tankful of MF Watermelon mixed at 3 drops in 10ml that has steeped for a week in AG, I feel the flavour needs more time to develop from my initial first taste . It may be my tastebuds, but I can take 10-15 vapes and I get natural sweet red part of the watermelon come through, then for 3-4 vapes I get the sour rind/pith taste of the watermelon dominating. Enjoy both tastes/sensations, but a bit like Russian Roulette am I going to get sweet or sour?:grinning:

What I feel after this initial tankful after a weeks steeping is the overall taste of the watermelon is good, but it is the NATURAL sweetness level of the finished flavour that makes it stand out, no artificial sweetner taste just real natural fruit sugars come through and that is what makes it stand out for me from its synthetic counterparts. But a lot more steeping and samples to test before I can draw any final conclusions.

I have 5 flavours that I have mixed at 3, 4 and 5 drops per 10ml of AG, x 4 so that will give me 5 flavours to sample weekly at these different amounts for the next 4 weeks to let me see how the flavour develops over that time and how long it takes for each flavour to become properly steeped (top off in desk drawer, nothing else, just occasional shaking is my method of steeping) and see how it develops so i can hopefully find the optimum mix for my tastes.

p.s glad to see they mix fully in AG and don’t suffer from any seperation issues.

2 Likes

AG = ??? ??? What is AG ?

sounds like a plan…i’m sure you’ll be posting the results, so i dont even need to ask…

Aqueous Glycerine - VG with some distilled water :smile:

1 Like

ey-kwee-uh s

of, like, or containing water; watery

Word of the day :slight_smile:

3 Likes

As others have posted Aqueous Glycerine (I use 90% VG and 10% Distilled Water predominantly). I have been mixing with this base for 3 years and abbreviating it is so much easier than typing the full name out.

2 Likes

I use 2% DW in all of my mixes but I have never pre mixed it with the VG interesting

You vaping single flavors?

1 Like

yup…i have only made single flavor mixes with MF so far…i want to understand the flavor and potency before i move on to multiple flavor mixes…

3 Likes

Have you taken a gander at Open Source Vapor recipes? Most, if not all, of their mixes are MF, not only do they sell their mixes but they provide the recipes for each.

Im not sure why i didnt post the site earlier like last year earlier. Perhaps it will help guide people in the right direction. From what i understand when it says user suggestion it is for old style tanks.

3 Likes

Holy crap @Ken_O_Where, your positive those are all MF? What is that sweetener? Can I buy that from MF as well?

What is rebaudioside-A?

Reb-A (Stevia Extract) is an all-natural sweetening ingredient extracted from the stevia leaf that is used in powder or liquid form to heighten sweetening intensity and improve taste.

The stevia leaf contains a number of very similar compounds or steviol glycosides that are all sweet. The best tasting of these is Rebaudioside A. In its highly purified form, it has sweetness between 250 to 400 times that of an equal weight of sugar.

For Rebaudioside A, the R1 position is a single glucose molecule, the R2 position is two glucose molecules. If Rebaudioside A only had the same sweetness as sugar it would have much more calorific content than sugar. However, nature has produced a molecule that is hundreds of times sweeter than sugar and therefore a very small amount is needed to sweeten a product meaning it contributes essentially zero calories.

http://www.amazon.com/Stevia-Pharmaceutical-Extract-rebaudiana-Concentrate/dp/B00NPS40WS

4 Likes

i have ordered some of this Daforto Stevia Gold 10g (European) last month, but not used it yet. ( 2oz would last me several lifetimes, I reckon) :grinning:

The bit of research I did, the higher the percentage of Rebaudioside A the more powerful the sweetness( 480 times is the one I have ordered) and only needs to be used very sparingly. Most Stevia contains less Rebaudioside A% and tends to give a slighly bitter taste. I am hoping this version will prove a better type of sweetener than the previous one I tried which reminded me of saccharine and a little bitter.

This will need diluting and sieving through some filter paper as some residue can be leftover from what I have read. Intending to diliute in PG and VG as well, as a decent sweetener in VG solution is my ultimate aim.

2 Likes

I ordered about 12+ bottles and I WILL check them. I will measure the lowest one and post my findings. If other bottles appear to be low (kept unopened) I WILL contact the company and try to get a refund or do a return or something. At $1.46 per ml, this is no joke. I called them asking for a coupon or percent off if I ordered 24 flavors and the answer was “no”. So, I cut my order way back, and I’ll wait and see if a sale comes about.

1 Like

Did you order direct? Or through ECX?