Questions regarding stainless steel wire

I’ve been vaping a build from yesterday and it’s been doing fine. It took a couple tank and some temp and wattage increases to get to the flavor, but i’m happy with it now. I’ll see how long this holds up.

They say if you use a 304 SS csv it works better. If I run into problems I’ll try that.

Do you mean a 304 profile using with 316? I’ve not tried that but would be happy to. It’s not like I’m desperate to use SS but at the same time I want to maximize my options.

1 Like

I think he means a 304 CSV for the Crown stock SS coils…

1 Like

i may have misunderstood but I thought they were referring to 304 csv for all SS. I’ll have to check again.

1 Like

As far as I understood the 304 worked well because the Crown SS coils have nickel legs…

3 Likes

Thanks for clearing that up.:wink:

1 Like

I still may try this with a 316 build. No more trouble than it is importing a CSV it couldn’t hurt anything. Just not today :smile:

Thanks for the info about Crown stock SS coils. Can’t do anything with a CSV on my VTC mini, so the only way I’m getting it to run OK right now is turning watts way down to just a bit over what I’d be running in regular wattage mode and turning the temp way up. That way it pretty much just runs just like watts mode with a bit headroom for dry coil protection? In theory, right? Anyway, about to run the tank dry, so we’ll see if it even works. :grin:

1 Like

It was mentioned about break in on SS. I wonder…if you made a SS build, vaped it a while in wattage mode then switched to TC if that would be helpful. Hmmm.

1 Like

That’s kind of what I did. Vaped half a tank at 22W until it started seeming to hot, dialed it down to 20W for the next 1/4 of the tank, and now in TC at 25W/410F for the home stretch.

1 Like

TC working good? Spaced or contact coils?

“Good” might be overselling it a bit. More like working exactly like Power mode. Talking about a Crown SS 0.5 ohm dual stock coil, not the RBA deck, which is up for rebuilding next since it somehow shorted out on me a couple days ago.

What is CSV?

It means comma separated values, and is the most portable format for spreadsheet data. In this case I believe they’re talking about using http://www.steam-engine.org/wirewiz.asp to generate a spreadsheet that you can import into DNA200 chips to customize TC. If you enter all your info and click DNA200 in the temperature control panel it gives you the option to save out a CSV file.

1 Like

@zigs I know I said I wouldn’t mess with it anymore today, but dammit I’m weak. I had to try something different. So I twisted 26ga SS and did a 2.5mm 4 wrap spaced build. Got it in the Lemo 2 right now. I’m almost done with my first tank and used it on the eVic VTC mini and the DNA200. Both are performing TC perfectly. I’m at a loss, but this is the longest I’ve ever had a SS stay in TC mode and actually work since I fist started trying over 2 weeks ago. On the Joyetech mod a few days back and on the xCube, it would jump to watt mode constantly. On the DNA200 it just wouldn’t work properly in TC. Something about twisting it? Maybe the fewer wraps? I don’t know but the flavor is off the chain.

2 Likes

I have the Crown on my eVic Mini right now and it works wonderfully at 260oC and 60W - I tried other juices where I had to dial it a bit down… The 2.0 firmware works great for me! :smiley:

2 Likes

I must be really lucky. My SS crown and my SS build on my Magma both work fine on my eVic Mini in SS TC. I love using the SS TC with the Magma for testing flavors. One of the biggest pains with it was constantly wondering when the juice was out and I was gonna get a lungful of ick. :wink: I have a regular ol’ spaced 26ga beadalon 316L, 2mm ID and about 5 wraps in case you care. LoL

1 Like

Well, twisting 2 wires almost halves your resistance, so maybe the lower resistance is something to do with it?

1 Like

Running mine same as yours and it works flawlessly. One question I have is if you draw on yours for a long period does it flash protection on screen.

Sometimes it does, yes - not for the first drag though…