Real Flavors Super Concentrates Tasting Notes (Part 2)

Interesting, I didn’t even know they had a SP. :open_mouth:

3 Likes

I like their strawberry, but have been holding off on the peach til I hear more about it. What do you think of the peach aspect thus far?

2 Likes

Like I stated, I just made it up this morning, but I’m personally very happy I purchased it. For some strange reason I’m not getting “strawberry” taste from many of the “strawberry” mixes I’ve been making recently, which is sad, I love strawberry in real life and can taste them fine. So tasting this (even as a fresh juice) is a pleasure. The Peach aspect reminds me of cling peaches from a can in heavy syrup, a ripened peach.

4 Likes

A few of the SC flavours I tried I couldn’t taste anything from them at all. French vanilla, condensed milk and cream. All three just tasted like sweetened warm VG.

4 Likes

Interesting… hopefully your not talking about the “Premium” (Black Label) French Vanilla…

1 Like

I’m not actually sure. The reason I bought it was because I seen lots of people raving about it. It just says French Vanilla on the site where I got it, there was no mention of black label or premium.
I was surprised by condensed milk too. I even remixed it at 1, 2 and 3.5% and had the same results with all of them.

3 Likes

Interesting about the Condensed Milk, the notes I have on it (not my personal notes but those I believe I copied off of @SessionDrummer he might chime in if he see’s this and can elaborate) are:

"Condensed milk is very strong and it steeps stronger. brown sugar is
also quite strong so you may find both mixes are dominated by the 1% -
not sure about the funky taste as i don’t get that but dropping them
down some may be the answer. they do both require a minimum of a
week but better at 2.
crazy strong. I have not tested this as a SA yet but I’ve replaced
various creams in other recipes with it at .25-.5% and I think .25%
is going to be my high limit. It tastes a bit dry to me and I like tpa
or purilum MM with it to round it out and sweeten it up.

2 Likes

Thanks @CallMeTut. @DrChud I dug up my old CM notes from part 1:

I had great results from CM, and although strong, it worked for me as a single @ 2.5% @ 2 weeks. Granted I’ve only done single testing, cannot vouch for mixing yet.

7 Likes

Not really thrilled with the Lemon Cookie (SC). The Lemon taste is nice but it is very subtle. I have found the Cookie flavor is almost nonexistent. I did not find this Concentrate to be accurate per its description. Still it is a pleasant Vape at 3% as a SFM. I am going to use it as a add in other recipes.

4 Likes

Just curious where did you buy it from? Some sites dilute or mess up the bottling process and ruin the flavorings I think. There is also the possibility they have them stored improperly or have been sitting too long. The RF site is pretty reasonable but I was wondering if there is any reputable sites to get good prices on smaller sampler bottles for testing. If RF sold 15ml bottles I would likely order a lot more from them :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Also there is a Super Concentrate brand that is made in China and is totally different from RF SC, I thought they were the same flavorings myself at first.

2 Likes

I can’t give you a percentage…but yes. Lol. The flavor has seemed weak, and not performing well. I mixed this weekend again using it. The recipie is titled RF Sc kiwi upped…because I increased the percent to a tpa range of like 3.5% or something like that.

1 Like

@Walt_RealFlavors Any idea when those of us who pre-ordered the black label vanilla will receive it ?

3 Likes

That is a good question @SessionDrummer if it isn’t too far off of July 4th, and RF has another sale, I might see about having them hold my order of it and just add it to the perspective order over that weekend. I think the “pre-order” was until the 26th of this month, but that doesn’t really mean it would be ready to ship… just the pre-order was complete, I think.

1 Like

It was originally June 6th and then got bumped up to the 26th. Now worries, sure it will be worth the wait

3 Likes

Lol…I looked at my “upped” recipe and I have it at 5%. Its a for shits and giggles mix.

Keep in mind this is a primary solo mix with fresh cream fa and marshmallow FA.

2 Likes

Is that the kiwi your talking about @Chrispdx ? My step daughter has been using FA Kiwi between 5 and 6% in a mix and I was thinking of trying the RF SC version instead.

2 Likes

Yeah Kiwi RF SC…I am still hopeful that it could replace Kiwi MF…but after a 4 week steep I haven’t been happy. As for Kiwi I like Kiwi FA+Kiwi Double&Kiwi MF all together.

1 Like

Grrr…Forgot to say something Positive for once. I am digging RF SC Watermelon in my Recipe. It’s still in Testing mode…but has beat out LA Clear and Pur Brands when appropriately swapping out RF SC. (@Pentine here is my latest watermelon mix as promised)

Watermelon My Way (Original by ChrisPDX)
Watermelon RF SC 2.5%
Watermelon FA 1.65% (yup 1.65)
Cucumber FA 0.25% (adjusting the green…yes, try it)
Fresh Cream FA 0.3% (yes, lets shave the sharp edge)
Marshmallow FA 1% (damn straight I love my Mallow)
Dragonfruit TPA 1% (lift up the red)
Strawberry FA 0.75 (lift up the red).

8 Likes

Did you ever get any cinnamon out of this? Been looking for a good animal cracker lately and this sounds like it just might due.

2 Likes

We bumped it back juuuuuuust a bit to the 26th. I tweaked it just a bit and now letting it age a bit longer… This batch will have aged a total of 6 months!

9 Likes