Real Flavors Super Concentrates Tasting Notes (Part 2)

Here is my latest recipe designed around a Real Flavors Flavor. @Pro_Vapes and @Ken_O_Where Cream Cheese SC RF I think is going to be my replacement for Greek Yogurt any brand… Just Fyi.

@Walt_RealFlavors Posting another recipe that I like and trying to show you some love. I did want to mention in one post I am still experiencing flavor fading at 4 weeks…the latest victim was Kiwi. I have my last tester bottle steeping that I get to try in 2 weeks…I’ve tried 2, 2.5, 3, and 4 percent for giggles. The latest test bottle steeping is sitting at 1.5%. It’s turning out to be the same issue I run into with strawberry, orange, blood orange, and so on.

10 Likes

This is so awesome! I’ve been making a list of flavors I want to play with, so this helps a lot!!

Thank you!!

2 Likes

Thank you for posting your recipe and for relaying your experiences with some of the flavors after 4 weeks.

3 Likes

Just an update to everyone… @Ken_O_Where finally brought back the email server… No more long nights drinking with our server Ken!

9 Likes

Well done gents!

Kudos for lending a hand @Ken_O_Where !!

4 Likes

@Walt_RealFlavors Any updates on the pre ordered black label Vanilla ?? In the mail ??

4 Likes

Has anyone tried the Pecan Pie yet and if so what did you think? Does it have the notorious flavor fade?

Thanks for any help :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I didn’t read the whole post but I am wondering if any one has tried the Cheescake?

It is horrible IMO. Single mix at 6 3 1 and .5 It is overpowering and discusting. No cheescake notes at all.

In a recipe. 2% .5% 2drps to 30ml. It doesn’t mix well with other flavors very well at all, even with the 2 drps it is horrendous

3 Likes

I have the same problem with the strawberry. At first I thought it was great and then bam it was gone. I have lost the flavor in as little as the next day. I got to say that I am not really interested in buying to many flavor from RF. especially after trying the cheesecake.

2 Likes

Hmmm, I have throughly enjoyed the RF (SC) Strawberry. I have not experienced any fade issues with this flavoring. In fact I have a RF Shortbread Cookie (SC) / Strawberry (SC) recipe that I mixed mid May. To me it’s still flavorful and has passed the test of time. RF Strawberry (SC) is definitely one of my go to’s, I use it a lot.

4 Likes

That seems to be the way of it, some of us experience loss of flavor and others don’t.

6 Likes

the nastiest SF ive tasted , its like vaping the smell of BA but multiplied by 100 , tested at .5 , 1 and 2

4 Likes

I’ve been thoroughly enjoying the SB and cheesecake. This SB Cream http://tjek.nu/r/cnkC is right on, just tested it again last night at 5 weeks steep and the SB is perfect, right up front.

This cheesecake is also quite good. http://tjek.nu/r/cN0E
The first one didn’t make it past 2 weeks before I finished it, but the new version I made is 120mls and is excellent at only 7 days. Going to try a full 8 weeks and see how it goes. I did experience the harshness of the SF cheesecake, but I had it at 3%, which is crazy. I was testing in max VG, so I thought I needed a higher %. Nope!

I guess it’s a to each their own preferences and palate, I’m just happy I’m enjoying them. Real happy!

4 Likes

Very true; taste is subjective. I’ll tell you what, Message me your address and I will send you my RF Cheesecake

4 Likes

Just ordered it today. I can send you some when I get it. I ordered a bunch of the new ones and some orange. I can’t get enough of they’re orange :blush:

2 Likes

@fidalgo_vapes It’s not just you, but I’m WORSE. It’s still sitting up on the TSTT (Too Scared To Test) shelf for me. I smell it from time to time, but MAN, BOOM, it hits me, and I re-cap and wait until another time. I gotta DO it, just have to get TO it.

7 Likes

Welcome to “TFA Kona coffee land”!!
I tried that stuff at 1%, and had to throw away the bottle I mixed it in, it was so strong and nasty!
About a month later, I actually went back and did a 1% dilution, and I’ve still been TSTT it. That was about 8 months ago mind you :flushed:

6 Likes

Hehe, well who’s to say a healthy dose of fear is a BAD thing ?

6 Likes

Perhaps start lower than .5%, i use the condensed milk SC in the .15-.25% range. Not cuz it smells bad but because it very potent.

I have the Yogurt on the shelf, i havent mixed with it yet but it smells similar to what the others describe so i was considering .25% to start and then building on top of it, if necessary. I do this with a couple of their creams.

5 Likes

Thats how I feel about TFA Coconut Extra. It taste liek a moldy sock sandwich. It even ruins a mix for me at 0.25%.

3 Likes