Real Flavors, Walt Reynolds steps down

Some of you may or may not be aware that Walt Reynolds the Owner of RealFlavors was the victim of Cyberstalking recently. An unidentified (as of now) person had obtained personal information, such as Walt’s cell number, Home address, etc., etc… This troubled individual, is believed to have come from within the DIY community most likely the Face Book platform. It appears the catalyst was they felt slighted, because Walt had not accepted a Friend request at some time in the past. So he/she began sending harassing and threatening emails. The Police are conducting an investigation as we speak.
Walt obviously troubled and in fear for his family has made the decision to withdraw completely from Social Media. And consequentially, at least for the time being stop any and all promotions where it involves our community. He has also removed product reviews from the Real Flavors website as a precaution.
There will be a transitional period while a new team leader takes over the reigns. Real Flavors will be closed between July 4th _July 9th.

23 Likes

Thanks for that info @Mark_Turner. I’m wishing the best for @Walt_RealFlavors.

12 Likes

i dont even know what to say , smdh what a very sad time we live in … my prayers are with walt and his family and im truly sorry to hear this

14 Likes

ca892b746326b38de95d9921ebf96ceb

14 Likes

Sorry to hear of any bad news in our community, I hope they catch the person doing this.

16 Likes

The other day I wanted to post one of those videos of “People are awesome” on youtube… but seeing this, I’m really getting more and more disgusted.
What the hell is wrong with people these days? :rage::angry::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_vomiting:

15 Likes

Unfortunately that is nothing new, I’ve experienced this myself but in a fully different community.

There will always be the mentally ill and insecure people, that due to their own unhappiness and miserable life style, can’t find or give happiness and won’t rest till everyone around them is as miserable as themselves.

It’s hard for me to find words for that situation, that Walt and his family truly doesn’t deserve. I hope that he can find his “old” life again and regain trust in people, but it will take a long time.

Maybe stepping down is the right solution and I think we as community do support this, however it’s sad and aggravating to see that one bad apple made him feel that this is the only way.

@Walt_RealFlavors take the time needed and focus on your family, I wish you nothing but the best and hope that things can look better for you soon.

12 Likes

Thanks everyone!

It honestly just got super annoying and the police are not doing anything about it. I really don’t think they can do much anyways. The person taking over us a fantastic woman but due to the issues I have had, will not be on any boards or Facebook groups.

We may in the future. Bring back smaller bottles but as a company we are focusing on our wholesale business only.

Myself, I have three other projects I am working on and plan to dive in to those this summer.

I have loved being here and talking with everyone. I wish you nothing but the best of times and hope every recipe you make taste fantastic!

Love you all!
Walt

41 Likes

Next time that stalker comes by, just give the cops a short call saying you’re about to kill someone on your property in the next five minutes… and see how fast they’ll be there!

Good luck with your future endeavors (and getting rid of that vermin).

6 Likes

Good luck Walt. What you did for the DIY community was awesome and appreciated. Take care and good luck. Hope the situation is resolved soon.

10 Likes

Man, no more 30 or 50ml bottles… Nothing smaller than 16 oz lol. I hope some of the vendors start picking up the slack and stocking a bigger variety of the RF SC. The last few times I shopped flavor vendors they never had what I needed. Thankfully my mini-fridge is stocked up so I don’t have to worry about it for a while.

edit: I guess I can just order 16oz bottles of the single flavors I like that don’t require additional ingredients for a good vape like sugar cub, deep fried oreos/spongecake, etc and be set if I cant find smaller bottles to mix with.

6 Likes

oh i didnt even think of that , there are a couple that i always use … and im not sure if anyone stocks them i gotta go check

4 Likes

yeah, i don’t even remember who else stocks RF SC anymore since I bought direct the last year or so but I recall checking ECX or some other site recently and they only had maybe 15 - 30 of the flavors and none of them were what I was after.

@Walt_RealFlavors you used to have a page on your site for your vendors that bought wholesale and sold in smaller quantities. Do you still have that page or can you list them here perhaps?

6 Likes

nicotine river has a hand full as well

7 Likes

Sorry to hear that bad things are happening in your life. But if your not getting result from local law enforcement go over their head

https://www.justice.gov/usao/file/851856/download

What federal statutes are available to address these offenses?
The offenses described above often overlap with each other, and there are a number of federal offenses that can be considered when analyzing the facts in any particular cyberstalking/cyberextortion type case. The statutes mostly commonly used in these cases are described below.
A. 18 U.S.C. § 2261A: Cyberstalking
Title 18, United States Code, Section 2261A is the federal stalking statute. Section 2261A(1) covers in-person stalking and Section 2261A(2) covers cyberstalking— stalking that occurs using Internet or telephones—as well as stalking that occurs using the mail. Section 2261(2), originally enacted as part of the Violence Against Women Act of 2005, has two main provisions—Subsections (A) and (B):
• Both provisions require that the defendant act with the intent to kill, injure, harass, intimidate, or place under surveillance with intent to kill, injure, harass, or intimidate another person.
• Both provisions also require the use of the mail, any interactive computer service or electronic communication service or electronic communication system of interstate commerce, or any other facility of interstate or foreign commerce. Usually this element is met with the use of the Internet.
• Both provisions also require that the defendant engaged in a course of conduct, meaning more than one act.
Subsection (A) further requires that the course of conduct places the victim in reasonable fear of the death of, or serious bodily injury to, the victim, the victim’s spouse or intimate partner, or to an immediate family member of the victim. Subsection (B) requires instead that the course of conduct causes, attempts to cause, or would be reasonably expected to cause substantial emotional distress to the victim or the victim’s immediate family.
The statute previously required that the victim and the perpetrator be in separate jurisdictions, making the statute inapplicable in a number of stalking cases. A significant amendment to the cyberstalking statute was passed in 2013, which eliminated this requirement. The penalties available for violating section 2261A, contained in section 2261(b), range from a maximum of five years to a maximum of life where stalking results in death of the victim.

10 Likes

@Walt_RealFlavors , I am so sorry to hear about the harassment you’re experiencing . That kind of thing always seems to happen to the best of people :cry:

I was wondering where the heck you’d got to, as it’s not like you at all to go two months without posting here. Well, now we know

Now, to be utterly selfish… will outfits like Rainbowvapes still be rebottling your flavours? It will be an enormous blow to the DIY community if we can’t get those 10ml bottles anymore. But - supposing this change in tack has something to do with the evil FDA flavouring regs- Britain should prove a safe harbour, given that our goverment already rejected a proposal for regulating e- juice flavours :slight_smile: and is becoming ever-more-vaping-friendly.

You will be sadly missed on this forum, Walt, but your taking a lower profile is totally understandable, I’d like wish you and your family all the very best for the future, and to thank you for all your valuable input in the past :hugs:

10 Likes

That was actually the site I looked at recently. They have less than 30 flavors. ECX only has RF VG flavors. BCF has ~86 of the RF SC so it looks like I will be going back to BCF and if they don’t have something I want I will bug them to stock it.

8 Likes

Give’m hell @Fozzy71 We need what we need, and we need it now !!!

7 Likes

We are actually in the process of cutting 127 flavors from the menu. They are combo flavors that are super easy to blend. We will include the recipes for each. For example, Strawberry Peach is literally 50/50 strawberry and Peach.

Cutting down on those will allow stores to be able to stock more flavors and cut back on labor as I move on to Hip Syrups :slight_smile:

15 Likes

you will continue to do the Strawberry Milkshake right ??? im hoping anyway

5 Likes