Recipe Etiquette. Dos ,Donts and more

@Lynda_Marie Well…again. My banana recipe in my “working” folder since Feb. 29th is another copy of your newest release as well. Sincerely, I don’t know what to do. Get rid of this one as well? If I publish it, it’s just going to seem so weird and people will think I’m copying you. I could change a couple brands maybe? I feel so stupid and don’t want to do the wrong thing. Hellllppppp :face_holding_back_tears:

7 Likes

Is your recipe based on Lynda’s recipe like an adaptation or is it just similar to Lynda’s recipe? If it’s just similar then you can just explain in your notes that Great minds think a like and explain the differences between yours and Lynda’s. If it’s more of an adaptation then just explain how you were inspired by Lynda’s recipe and you adapted to make it your own.

7 Likes

Hi @McDuckie No, I began mine back on 2/29/24. It sits in my “IDEAS” folder with a couple dozen other working private ideas & some finished private ones that are steeping, not ready to publish yet. Lynda’s 2 most recent releases in ATF are the same as 2 of my most recent private ones except for maybe a different brand of one cookie or something. She’s an established, knowledgeable, experienced mixer. It’s just not going to be a “good look” for me if now I post basically the same 2 things in a row…even if I made these a couple weeks ago. :laughing:

7 Likes

Just post it …It will have the date when you started workimg on it…There are lots of recipes thst lpook the same as someone elses. I have put out recipes then someine else puts something similar which im sure they didnt copy…I dont think anyone but you and Lynds will notice

13 Likes

@TakeMeToTheSea

Please, by all means, that’s your recipe! Post away!! :heart::heart:

10 Likes

I’d have to agree with Fiddy just post it. There are so many copycat recipes on ELR and ATF and VCC. Most are unintentional mixes, and some are just adaptations.

9 Likes

I never have an issue with things like that.
Although, My banana recipe was off the cuff this morning when I noticed someone take my Butter Toffee crumble off ATF, added one thing and called it there’s… with no credit haha… that’s how I happened across my banana version :joy: :woman_facepalming::clown_face::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I love @TakeMeToTheSea ’s recipes. They always taste great, and well thought out!!

8 Likes

That happens a lot with ATF, that’s why I stopped using ATF. When I had overseas eliquid companies trying to contact me about private recipes even though they already had copies of my private commercial eliquid recipes that they were producing and making profit off of my work i got out of ATF.

8 Likes

Thank-you @fidalgo_vapes . The date I created it on is only ELR date/time stamped on the private one. I always keep one in Public folder and original working one in Private. I always have to adapt public one to make it current with the date it’s released when it’s shown on the site. :hibiscus:

5 Likes

Thanks @Lynda_Marie . :rose: I tossed my 1st one. I mean for pete’s sake it was exactly the same :joy:
And, I’m gonna feel like I need a shower when I put my Toffee Butter one up. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

7 Likes

Oh geeeeeez, that’s lousy! I’m so sorry to hear that @McDuckie :cry:

7 Likes

Oh wow! That’s crazy! I caught a guy selling one shots of my cookie crack to people on FB a few weeks back! He wasn’t even adding my name to his labels! It’s just annoying. I know they are public and all that, but it’s someone in “our” community that took it off ATF and published it here… that’s just crappy.

11 Likes

Bro… That is unacceptable behavior. What a fuckbag

11 Likes

I got a few butter toffee recipes i havent shared yet., just my original Sweettooth recipe which is soo good. Gonna be a lot of nomz butter toffee recipes

9 Likes

You took the words right out of my mouth…:expressionless:

12 Likes

Did you call him/her out? Was it reported to Flavorah at ATF?

9 Likes

Ooooo i would be irratated…At least use the adapt button right??

8 Likes

Yes , only if you want it on the front page. I never care about that since in an hour or two it will be gone from other drops.

7 Likes

Yeah, but most all of my recipes get started maybe a full month prior to my posting it. By then it not only will be dead and buried…it’ll be decomposed somewhere 30 pages back! :joy:

6 Likes

I don’t worry about that. If I make someone’s recipe I normally pick it up in notes section of a flavor.

5 Likes