[REQ] Bluemoon ice cream

hello I’ve tried making bluemoon ice cream
I know blueberry and marshmallow but there’s more then meets the tastebuds.a citrus , maybe cotton candy. One said there was a spice added. Anyone ever try bluemoon ice cream very good complex flavor. An suggestions would be greatful… Karen

It looks like you’re going to want to try some cream/custard flavors, vanilla, lemon, raspberry, and maybe a sweetener.

http://dessert.food.com/recipe/blue-moon-ice-cream-123818

1 Like

Jo Jo
Thank you for response
Do you think there’s marshmallow
When I bought from slims it said blueberry with marshmallow. I will try adding your flavors to it , see if I can get close to it. I know me and friend have spent much time trying to produce this flavor.
Thank you

My pleasure. I’ve not personally tried it but it sounds delicious. From what I hear (I’ve never used it) regular marshmallow is pretty much just a sweetener. Maybe a toasted marshmallow would give more of that mallowy flavor if that’s what you’re wanting? Play with it till you get what you’re after. :stuck_out_tongue: If cost is an issue, try mixing it up in just PG/VG without nic until you get close. Then, you can tweak it with the nic in it. Nic liquid sometimes can alter the flavor of a juice a little, but at least you’ll be close and won’t have to fiddle quite as much.

If I were going to give it a whirl based on the recipe, I’d probably use a vanilla custard, raspberry, maybe a tiny bit of blueberry and lemon sicily, whipped cream, and/or fresh cream. As a disclaimer, the only one of those flavors I actually own at the moment is blueberry by Flavor West and I haven’t tried it yet. So, take what I say with a grain of salt. Hopefully, some of the cream and custard experts around here will throw in their two cents. :wink:

Thank you I hope you do try it only a very few make this flavor it’s so good . Luckily I don’t use nic. Do saving on that.
Another I’ve been trying and googled every way
Only one place I’ve found makes it perfect is sweat-vapes is pink vanillia cotton candy. It’s like Carmellized-vanillia and that carnival pink cotton candy. I’m trying to figure it’s rashberry or strawberry but very suddle there’s a flavor in essential oils with the same smell it’s so good. I love using around house.
So these are my two I’m trying to master, but not one extra,
One other only tasty vapor makes is frosted oatmeal cookie. I wrote them and response was no oatmeal cookie flavor was used but if you ever had the real cookie it’s exactly like that. So three I’m working on. And very hard to ever find these three flavors but all are from Michigan. Strange but there awesome flavors.
Good luck if you do try please write back let me know how it goes .
Karen

1 Like

Hey Karen TPA makes a circus cotton candy you may have this one already. Sounds like the vanilla may also be a TPA vanilla either their French vanilla deluxe or Vanilla ice cream . anyhow I haven’t tried either of those e liquids you speak of but they sound amazing ! Good luck ! Have you considered vanilla bean ice cream TPA in your blue moon quest ?

Maybe something like this ? Just a rough draft if you will.
http://e-liquid-recipes.com/r/1cbW

2 Likes

Heck I have been a a blue berry binge this week I may whip up this flavor myself. Vanilla bean ice cream does take at least a good week to really cute and get that deep creamy richness your looking for !

1 Like

Amy how can I make your recipe a more higher veg with out nicotine. Not good at these calculators. To help me do drops and %. I never figure how to do % . But I have the tube with the numbers. Just how to do .5 or .05…
Sounds like you may be close I know there a lemon tone one re amended a spice to because it’s on the package of real moon icecream.
My friend tried your way said maybe even a custard or cheesecake lite added. And even cirus cotton candy. So many thoughts on this one.
I tried asking the two company’s I know make it. And ?? No response… Of course
Thank you on my search
K

Might try ooo vanilla marshmallow sounds like that might work out better. How did your trials come out after steeping.
Plus I will try the cirus cotton candy and no sweetener maybe.

1 Like

So far it has too much vanilla bean ice cream in it. The blue berry isn’t popping like it should. Maybe a meringue and increasing the VG you would just type in your %'s if you want no Nic put a zero there then next is PG and then VG you may want to consider if your using this in a tank to not go over 75% VG as it is difficulty to wick and can result in a burned taste Bc of not wicking properly. I will have to play around with it when I’m off work next.

1 Like

Yes maybe ooo vanilla Marshmellow!!!

Karen 0.50 is 1/2 of 1ml 0.05 is too hard to do on a 3 ml syringe you will need a insulin syringe to achieve this small of %. If you look in the middle row on your recipe there is drops if you’d like you can just drip from the bottle ( if it’s in a flavor bottle that has a drip tip ) hope this helps.

1 Like

From what I’ve understood blue moon ice cream to be. It isn’t blueberry you’re after. If you look online, everyone has a different recipe for blue moon. But my favorite is the one with pistachios and almond,

If I were to try and make it. Those are 2 of the flavors is work with. And then a blue raspberry cotton candy. Vanilla ice cream. And toasted marshmallow.

1 Like

So normally I don’t post where I get stuff but the people here are so damn friendly and helpful that they’ve rubbed off on me. This might not be what you’re looking for but I’ll post anyways and let you decided.

Had a friend ask me to try and make this, never had it so don’t know the taste. I did find a vendor who has the flavor in VG . Juice should be done steeping tomorrow. If you message me tomorrow some time mid day I should be able to taste it and attempt to describe it for you. Flavoring is from Killer Flavors if you’re wondering.

2 Likes

Hi Hun
Yes killer flavor was who I found it first.but his was mild… Slims makes it a bit stronger… So what did you think of it… I can’t wait to get your results… I got a message about adding pistachio in it… Not sure about that …

1 Like

Hi I’m one who started this one for blue moon… You tried with pistachio an almond… This really brought out flavor… I only know three co that even make it.killer was to mild…slims is good… There’s one more I can’t remember…
How did you do the blueberry cotton candy.regular blueberry with cotton candy just don’t do it. Would appreciate your tested recipe. My and friend worked on this flavor so long to review. One mentioned fa custard for lemon notes… But never did…looking forward to here back…
Karen

1 Like

Hi Amy just saw explain aout bottle dropper … And recipe your talking about… Where is it , it’s been awhile. I tried so hard to get this right :scream_cat:

1 Like

It’s getting blue rashberry cotton candy flavor right… I know marshmallow .slims shows blueberry marshmallow …should I tried a drop of cream icing

1 Like

It has been a while I wrote it down somewhere I no longer have it on my page. I have not tried the original , I will look around for it.

The bottle drop would be closer to 0.05 approx. around 2 drops depends on which type top and what flavoring your using. But a insulin syringe available at a pharmacy would work as well.

1 Like

Hi I just realized you were trying to replicate
How did this turn out . I can say the real one is like pebbles cereal with a blue rashbery icream n cotton candy . Kinda hard to think of those profiles together . But interested if you did make this .