[REQ] Jam on toast

Having recently discovered it, updating this thread, I would say there are two concentrates that are almost essential for making a good jam on toast:

Solub Arome - Breakfast V1 as mentioned on here a lot
OOO Strawberry Jam - One of there best flavourings

This is one I have made recently, though personally not overwhelemed with FA Blueberry offering, would use a different fruit in this recipie for your jam flavour

I have over the years tried a few toast flavours such as RF, a few toast recipies such as the DIYORDIE one and also a few different supposed jam flavourings including VTA and just personal opinion, but absolutely none of them come close to Solub Arome and OOO offerings for the toast and jam flavour

6 Likes

@Will_G I can’t agree more on the Solub Arome Breakfast, as it IS the best toast flavor I have ever tried. Tried to get behind RFSC jam and toast, but the toast was NOT toast, and hence all of the failed Jam Monster clones using it.

5 Likes

Yeah I agree. I think I said higher up this thread. I found RF offering a jumbled mess. To me it tasted like a failed recipie rather than a concentrate.

3 Likes

A bit late to the party I know, but what would be your thoughts on subbing Sa Breakfast, for RF(sc) Jam and Toast in Wayne’s Jam Monster “clone”? Or should I just start from scratch? Your thoughts as the god head of flavour tasting would be greatly appreciated. Also (sorry, I do go on sometimes) what %of Sa Breakfast would you recommend? I bow down before you, oh great one. Many thanks.

2 Likes

May as well try it. Personally I got nothing out of RF jam on toast at all, found it a jumbled mess. SA Toast really to me is toast. The word of caution I would add though is it is BURNT toast. i have seen it used @ 2% by some and up to 9/10% by others. I think really you should try it low as a tester and then work your way up as its really a personal case of how high you want that burnt toast tasts. This is the last recipie I have done with it and I generally like strong flavouring in my ejuice so I would recommend maybe starting under 5% in your test

3 Likes

@Lucas_James_Holden just liked this April 2018 post, and I’m glad he did. I REMINDED me, of how MUCH I learned, from soo many here on ELR.

@Beaufort_Batches, and @juice_junkie_lover included.

3 Likes

I am going to have to order the SA Breakfast 1 and I’m going to also try their Breakfast 2 which is a orange marmalade version as I still haven’t perfected my marmalade on buttered toast recipe, I’m also going to get the DV Marmalade and Marmalade On Toast flavours. Rainbow Vapes also makes an Jam On Toast concentrate that I have been told is excellent so that is also going on the list, I have their plain toast flavour which was pretty good when I SFT it and not too burnt either. How high would you recommend I push the FA Butter to really get that buttery toast flavour mate? I want to be able to taste it without ruining the recipe.

2 Likes

@Lucas_James_Holden, holy crap, I didn’t even realize they HAD a version 2 !!!

As far as “toast” goes, I’ve not even had a single one that APPROACHED what Solub Arome was able to create.

2 Likes

[quote=“SessionDrummer, post:109, topic:163927”]
As far as “toast” goes, I’ve not even had a single one that APPROACHED what Solub Arome was able to create.
[/quote
Have you tried the SA plain Toast flavour?

2 Likes

No I have not. The vendor I purchase from doesn’t have SA’s full line. I can only imagine it’s the toast, in their Breakfast.

2 Likes