Resources and Tips for Beginning DIY E-liquid

Thank you for taking the time to write this up. really appreciate it…

3 Likes

Not sure if this is the right place for this question, but here it goes. How do you submit a shop for inclusion on the resources page? Dashvapes in Canada has started carrying DIY supplies recently, and it would be handy to see it up on the resources page. It’ll be especially useful for those in the GTA - they do a free ship to store option.

1 Like

At the bottom of your “My Recipes/Favorites” page is a feedback form. Send the info there to @daath.

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll do that!

1 Like

This is way late but there is a standing flavorah coupon ELRECIPES20
you can use it up to three times.
Cheers @CarrieVapeZ

2 Likes

Beginner here. Just wanted to say “thank you” to all who contributed your time and effort to help us noobs.

7 Likes

Bumping this. Great post @jojo.

3 Likes

hay jojo im starting out in diy can you help me out and check out what i made to see if there ok to vape …

3 Likes

Welcome! You can properly say hello here Be polite and introduce yourself! . I will PM you some links to help you with your stash which needs it but don’t want to pollute this thread.

5 Likes

Yes, welcome! Worm1 has you getting set up, just wanted to let you know jojo is on hiatus so she probably won’t pop in here.

You will get that Strawberry! Just keep at it and lean on the forum search. Every question you can think of has likely been covered through the last 10 years and again in the last 2 for more current info.

5 Likes

I don’t know if this is the right thread but here goes…

When using syringes:

I have only four of them, each a different size. Do I absolutely HAVE to clean them between measuring PG and VG?

Will it hurt anything to have minute amounts of PG on my syringe when I use it to measure out my VG? And vice versa?

2 Likes

Totally up to you but I would not bother TBH - when doing flavours that is a totally different situation as you do not want cross-contamination so I would absolutely use different syringes or wash in-between flavours

A little ways down the road you may look at mixing by weight no requirement to do so but many people find that there is less clean up.

3 Likes

That’s what I figured but I wanted an expert’s opinion. So, you have filled my requirements! Much appreciated, @woftam! :smile:

3 Likes

This is how I do it and I mix almost exlusively by valume. Another tip to keep them as long as possible is to put clear fingernail polish on the outside of the syringe because the numbers tend to wear off after a while. I took the liberty of starting the video where I clean my syringes.

3 Likes

I used tape on them. I don’t have any clear nail polish at the moment, lol.

3 Likes

That works. What ever it takes to make them last longer, is how I look at it. Oh ya, I can hook you up with a couple more syringes too.

3 Likes

Now THAT would be a HUGE help!!:smile::smile:

3 Likes

Thats very helpful. I’ll remember that!

2 Likes

Please watch the video because it will show you how I do it without cross contamination. I should do a new one on how to keep syringes as long as possible. Water is your enemy when it comes to keeping your syringes clean.

3 Likes

I saw that. I’ll start doing the pump only until I’m completely done for the day. Then I’ll clean them with water, I think. So you mentioned in the video about the tip hold a tenth of a tenth. Is that why you do the quick little tap when you pull the syringe out of the bottle of concentrate? To knock the extra out of there?

2 Likes