Same company? bad company? base recipe?

Very correct. Won’t say there is never a reason to use EM. There will be times when muting flavors will be necessary. You can actually use EM in place of Smooth for such a purpose…

Totally agree @JoJo
A very good post @LordVapor Well done Sir

1 Like

Thanks. I have been wanting to do that for the noobs for awhile now. It seems to come up a lot that people don’t know how to research their flavors. So I thought that might help.

2 Likes

It has given me a whole new outlook on trying to create instead of copy.

1 Like

Good! Another little tidbit is if you think of a candy, or a dessert flavor you want to try. Look up Candies on Wikipedia. It usually tells you what is in it. For desserts, just look up actual recipes. Every ingredient is a flavor. Granted, some might not be a flavor we can buy. But I have yet to find a recipe I can’t mimic in a vape with available flavors.

LordVaor; That was awesome, thank you very much. This site is brilliant. I truly needed that, both the lesson on how to get and make a recipe and the lesson on how to use the site.

1 Like

You are welcome. Very glad I could help.

could you possibly give me some advise on what flaves would help round out my stash? I going to buy new flaves and then i do not buy them. because i am not sure if it goes. Anywho, i was thiking grape, boysenberry, Acetyl Pyrzine, Brown sugar, fresh cream, Ry4. I don’t know.
Maybe i should pick a recipe and buy the flaves I don’t have.
Thanks again lord vapor, i really appreciate you taking the time to help us newbs

Daniel

How much are you looking to spend?

Actually, here is how I buy all (well most of) my flavors…

I go to the recipes page and I sort by rating. I search the recipes for ones I want to make. I add any flavors I don’t have to my shopping list. The way you see what flavors you don’t have is you go to your flavor stash and edit each flavor. Include bottle size and the price for that bottle. Then when you view a recipe there will be a little black question mark at the bottom of the recipe right next to the price to make the recipe. Click that question mark and the flavors you don’t have will be highlighted in pink. Click one of the flavors you don’t have to be taken to that flavor’s page. In the upper right add it to your shopping list.

Once you have your list put together you will know what you need and won’t be buying flavors you can’t use at the moment. There are also some threads on here with recommendations for beginner flavors. Here is one.

2 Likes

how cool is that. this is the best site ever i am so glad to be a part of it. Also, the people like you, are nice, helpful, patient and at least ten more awesome adjectives. Thank you.

2 Likes

this thread may help as well…

1 Like

I was working closely with an app developer on an e-liquid calculator when I first started mixing. He was implementing my suggestions and it was great. Then I discovered this site has a calculator and I haven’t used the app since. I feel bad because he is still wanting my help. But I really don’t use the app any more. This site is truly the best.

3 Likes

what about if a recipe calls for brandy or wine or some such thing

Are you referring to them being used as a flavor? Or an addative at the top section of the recipe? Because you can buy brandy and wine flavors. If they are in the flavor section of the recipe they are flavors. I have never heard of using them as an additive.

flavors. who sells brandy flaves? i guess i will look. should have done that, but i did not think of it. thanks again

I’d try FA’s. It’s said to be a good Brandy. As @LordVapor said, I wouldn’t use any kind of alcohol as an additive unless it is PGA or maybe straight vodka…something that doesn’t contain sugars, which will kill your coils.

awesome, thank you

1 Like

Where are youi buying your flavors from?

mostly from ecigexpres, and MFS

1 Like