Scales, are they worth it?

Let’s just Tare things up LoL

3 Likes

In the grand scale of things I think we are…

4 Likes

What if the person is big? We have to weigh our words here :grinning:

4 Likes

this has gone weigh too far :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

sure is a ton of jokes on here…
not just run of the ml jokes either
some real heavy hitters

6 Likes

I completely agree w/ everyone else. It took me a while to get away from the security of my syringes but once I had just one successful blend off my scale I was hooked. No clean up and super quick. Never thought about using syringes since. I too use the American Weight Scale LB 501 and I love it. Hope you make the switch there’s tons of info here A beginner’s journey into DiY entirely, and starting with Mixing By Weight

and here How do you mix: by weight or by syringes? this thread here is when I made the switch it made my mind up. Good Luck !

YES YES YES !!!
Also I re-bottle my 50ml’s into unicorn bottles, my nic into 20ml amber dropper bottles (I keep the one I’m using in the fridge, and keep the rest in a freezer) so I don’t need pipettes or anything.

1 Like

For years i mixed by volume despite owning a few scales. I was quite content until people like @JoJo and @LordVapor peer pressured me into using one of my scales. Their laughing and finger pointing pushed me into using my scales and to be honest i havent mixed by volume since. I wont go as far as to say that they were right, buuuuut they were right and i lubs them for it.

Less mess, greater accuracy, easy cleanup too. My main issue is that i store all my large volume flavorings in glass so i had to spend a little extra on small PET bottles and make more room for flavoring storage.

4 Likes

Not to hijack a thread. But quick question. Eciggity has standard gorilla unicorn bottles and new ones labeled PET gorilla. Which one is better? I want to rescue them for a long time.

1 Like

PET is more like a standard water bottle. Easier to squeeze than HDPE, but more clear than LDPE. Easier to break than both, unless it’s formed a little thicker.

@joebjohnson

Scales =

:grinning:

6 Likes

I can hear the chorus of angels!

3 Likes

I prefer PET as it is less likely to hold the smell of the prior liquid. They arent the best for reuse as they are harder than LDPE and will crease. I get mine from this fella: Link

I also use PET as i feel they are less likely to “leak” the aroma’s, not a physical leaking but a leaching causing the flavor in the bottle to lessen over time.

EDIT: BTW, this fella ships very quickly and the product has been in excellent condition every time.

2 Likes

I recommend glass droppers (they are inexpensive) which are reusable and extremely easy to rinse after a mixing session.

Although after weighing the value of a few replies on this, it’s still a pretty good mix.
I don’t see any ‘Sour’ or ‘Cactus’ added, but maybe a few grams of ‘Taffy’ in a low percentage.
No need for calibration here…just hit tare and move on to the next thing.
I believe this mix is a S-N-V and a longer steep will not necessarily improve it…
as some of the ‘stones’ here are already well-aged.
Just weighing in with my 0.02 worth.

I’m confused; what recipe are we taking about?

Posts #14-#24

I guess I need more coffee or to up my nic %s. :confused:

1 Like

Now, feel free to make that recipe if you wish…it’s not private.
[and thanks for your digital input]
I’ll make you an espresso if you like…

but seriously I’m getting me some scales :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes