Senior Vapors

Smoking since 1969. Vaping since 2013.

8 Likes

Iā€™m 53

ā€¦going on 5!
I live on the Mornington Peninsula, which is about 80 km south of Melbourne, Australia.
Iā€™m a pro photographer of some 30 yrs, I play bass too @Dave26!- aint it a blast?!
im in a band called ā€œChilled by Gasā€. Its just a bit of fun really - jamminā€™, drinkin beer, laughing & the odd choof on a friday arvo. We arrived at the band name because the place where we practice (obviously, I use the word very loosely!) is a weekender & has no mains power, & our beer is chilled in a fridge that runs on gas! We do run a sizable generator though, so we can give the amps a good crank. The nearest neighbor is about 2km away, which is why we jam where we do. Apparently they enjoy our sessions ā€¦go figure!?
Iā€™ve been vaping about 5 months or so, & this time, had no trouble at all getting off the stinkies - aint goin back there for all the money in the world!
Great thread, Profā€¦ thanks!

9 Likes

Iā€™m 59 going on adolescents. I smoked for a lifetime. Me and my absolutely gorgeous 40 year old lady just decided to take the plunge. It was a Saturday morning. We were standing outside a vape shop. We smoked our last cigarette and went inside and bought some gear. That was this past May and we have never looked back. I found this place by accident and found kindred spirits. I feel as if I know you all. Some more than others.

11 Likes

Just got a Starre Pro TC Tank and a Sigelei 150w TC. WOW!! Canā€™t say enough good things about this combo. Good flavor (my priority), and clouds, clouds, clouds (from a tank). Iā€™m now into my ecig-diy eliquid G.A.S. phase of the year. Just got over my Bass Guitar (new Sire Marcus Miller, beautiful) phase. Credit Card People are waiting for my pay up phase. Great to hear that the old farts are still rockinā€™ down under. But then again we have AC/DC FOREVER!!!

6 Likes

How could you possibly get over that??

[quote=ā€œDave26, post:64, topic:27893ā€]
Credit Card People are waiting for my pay up phase
[/quote]F**K em! Head for the hillsā€¦with your MM & a generatorā€¦& your vape gear! (Oh, dont forget your amp!)

[quote=ā€œDave26, post:64, topic:27893ā€]
But then again we have AC/DC FOREVER!!!
[/quote]ā€¦Just donā€™t forget where they came from!! :wink:

5 Likes

Vapeway To Hell !!!

6 Likes

Vaperstuck!
You Vaped Me All Night Long!
Who Made Vape!
All Vaped Up!
Baptism By Vape!
Vapelands!
Vaping In Belgium!

OMG IM SICK

6 Likes

Just a few VAC/VDC songs I thought of.

5 Likes

Congrats John, love to hear success stories. Maybe that could be another thread if it isnā€™t already.

4 Likes

It was a very very long road to quitting. If I had only known. Vaping made it so easy.

3 Likes

High Vapage
Needs a lightning Bolt!

4 Likes

Greetings, and thanks for having me. First time poster, and recently turned 61. Was a pack+ a day smoker for 45 years. I havenā€™t had one in 6 weeks, since I started taking vaping more seriously. To be honest, it doesnā€™t even feel like I quit smoking. I canā€™t believe how easy itā€™s been, with vaping. I donā€™t even get a craving for a cig. Im using a MVP20 & Nautilus Mini combination, and loving it. It only took me a couple of weeks to realize I was going to blow my budget on eliquids. So I decided to go DIY and got the needed mixing gear, and have been making my own juice for 3 weeks or so. What a blast. Itā€™s easy, and Iā€™m actually turning out some darn good goo. This wonderful site gets a lot of the credit for that. Iā€™ve absorbed so much great info here. Thanks to all those who have gone before me, and shared what theyā€™ve learned. Iā€™m strictly a tobacco flavor lover, and thatā€™s what Iā€™ve been experimenting with, at the mixing table. I still have a half a pound of my RYO tobacco left. I think Iā€™m going to give tobacco extraction a try, and see what I can come up with (eyeballing the wifeā€™s crock pot / slow cooker). Since I refer to my DIY juice, as my ā€˜gooā€™, Iā€™ll close with an AC/DC title pun of my own.

ā€˜Who Made Gooā€™

12 Likes

I thought I had changed my user name to Detroit Doug, but realized after my post, that it didnā€™t save. No biggie, Iā€™m Doug, from Detroit.

5 Likes

Woot! Welcome @d_fabes! Good to have another tobacco fan in the forum!

I was a RYO fan as well for way too many years. Peter Stokkebye London Export was my favorite. Got some NET coming in this week, which will start my journey down the NET road.

Iā€™d be interested in hearing about your extraction process. There are a couple of NET threads which have been started, so jump on in!

5 Likes

Thanks for the welcome and links, Jim. I didnā€™t waste any time. I had everything I needed, around the house. so I started my extraction attempt. 15 g of RYO tobacco, put it in a Ball (canning) jar and covered the tobacco with PG. I mixed and mushed it all together, and filled the slow cooker about 2/3 full, with water, turned it on low, put the Ball jar in, and went to work. I just turned it off, when I came home. Total cook time about 10 1/2 hours.

I waited until it cooled enough to lift the lid off the jar, and took a few sniffs. What an earthy tobacco aroma! Iā€™m pumped. Going to do 2 more ā€˜cooksā€™ after it cools fully, and strain it through a coffee filter a few times, and let it steep for a couple of weeks, if my patience will hold out that long. Itā€™s early in the process, but looking positive, so far.

Doug

5 Likes

Not to put a damper on things, but you really need to test your nic strength in your extracted product. if your steeping your tobacco like in cigarettes for flavorings.

2 Likes

Thanks Tut. Iā€™d never consider a suggestion that helps point me in the right direction, a damper. Itā€™s appreciated.

Iā€™ve been following the extraction directions that I came across, at Vape Squad. Itā€™s also listed for reference in one of the NET threads on this site, that Jim referred to in his links. It mentioned that the nicotine content was minimal, possibly 2 to 3 mg/ml. My intent is to use my extraction (hopefully) as a flavor concentrate, trying to add a bit more real tobacco taste. The directions Iā€™m following, suggest mixing it at 20%, as a starting point. I was planning on starting at 10%.

Do I need to worry that the nicotine levels could be at dangerous levels?

Thanks for your input. I hope Iā€™m not derailing this thread from itā€™s intended path.

3 Likes

I havenā€™t looked into extraction or anything myself, but just know in ā€œthe old daysā€ of lets say subversive operations, nicotine poison could made by extracting the nic from cigarettes and used to remove an unwanted person. I donā€™t mean to move this conversation over to the morbid side but, thought it may be relevant, sorry to intrude in the topic thread.

2 Likes

If someone named Jane contacts you for your old recipe, it means my wife discovered Iā€™m cooking tobacco in her crock pot.

Donā€™t give it to her.

7 Likes

Dr Farsalinos abstract;
"The study verified that tobacco-derived toxins are lower by orders of magnitude in e-liquids compared to tobacco products. Characteristically, nitrosamines were 146-1447 times lower in e-liquids compared to tobacco products (in 1 mL liquid compared to 1 gram of tobacco), while nitrate was 1360 times lower. NET liquids contained somewhat higher levels of tobacco-derived toxins compared to conventional e-liquids, but the levels were still significantly lower compared to tobacco. Deviation from labeled nicotine content was on average 5.9% for conventional e-liquids and 1.5% for NETs, with maximum deviation being 22.1%. Interestingly, no difference between conventional liquids and NETs were observed, indicating that the flavor extraction process does not lead to extraction of nicotine from the tobacco leaves."

8 Likes