Senior Vapors

… just turned 55 :wink: (the start year of bountiful senior citizen discounts)… I thought about you @Josephine_van_Rijn! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Having a year on me… I thought you might be able to give me some pointers in what awaits us spring chickens, once we hit that golden age! I’m breathless with anticipation.

However, I see our future and it looks something like this:

Har! :rofl:

2 Likes

In this country that starts at 65 so you have about 10 years to tell me all about it :grinning:

From what I’ve seen around me, intolerance from the young and the ones in charge because we work less and cost more so we’re better off dead as far as they are concerned. Or as my sisters kids told her, old folks don’t really need any money, where the fuck are they going to spend it on anyway, their life is over. :skull:
But happy birthday to you anyway :birthday: :kissing_heart: :smiling_imp:

It is only about 9 months so when I was born you just started to swim :laughing:

3 Likes

1955 It was a Great Year for People and Cars-Trucks

It was shiny and new and so was I.

4 Likes

Yes! I want that! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Well I’m 60 and Wifey is well she’s younger than me but I didn’t rob the cradle or anything like that.

1 Like

The only two problems with that truck are

1. THE EMBLEM ON THE SIDE
  2. IT’S A FORD

Now that’s a truck

1 Like

Yuper, Older than dirt. Helped Moses carry the tablets. Started vapin four months ago and already vape paraphernalia has taken over my whole doghouse. Gramps toy room is becoming cramped. Half of it is a recording studio the other half a vape lounge. Great combination if you think about it. I can vape on my Goon while playing back 528 hz. Ah-Uuum. (Moody Blues) Not a lot to tell in regard to a story. Typical senior. The brain thinks it’s still 25 and the body thinks the brain is insane. Retired but still get out and “work” a few times a week. Still do a couple of live shows a month as well. Five grandchildren. One engaged, one graduating from college. Everybody including my doctors all look twelve.

1 Like

Had a 1952 Job Rated like this for a while but that little 218 ?? CID flathead 6 banger just didn’t get the job done for me. Plus it had that silly clutchflite semiauto transmission that shifted when it felt like it.
I’ll take the blistering 113 ponies my 1955 Ford truck 239 cid OHV Y block V8 makes TYVM.
LOL I do have a soft spot for my birth year cars and trucks of any builder

1 Like

My car, my year

4 Likes

Me too! …know exactly where you’re coming from @Bob_Bitchen! :grinning: Lov’em all!

I absolutely adore my 2001 Ford F-150 Super Crew… she runs like a champ! And I still get compliments when I’m out and about!

However, whenever the sad day comes that she’s no longer with me…

…I will find one of these and drive it til they RIP my license from my hands!

2 Likes

My year, and my well I wish oh hell I’d give my left… for one

2 Likes

Had one of these with a Commercial GMC V 6(engine was made to run a pump 24/7) in it. I bought it 1978 with 25000 on the engine. Drove it for 3 or 4 months converted it to propane and proceeded to put over a hundred thousand on it till the ex-girl friend decided to drive down a mountain road and had brake issues but (in her words) I knew I could slow it down with the gears. you do it all the time. She forced it into second gear doing almost 60 Exit stage left the clutch and tranny she ended up stopping it with the guard rail she crashed into. My poor old truck.

3 Likes

What a beaut, but that story is so sad…that why she’s an ex? :smirk:

1 Like

she’s an ex because she’s a psycho bitch.

2 Likes

I’ve known a few of those myself. I sometimes ask myself if I’ve been given a similar title, then 15 seconds later, I shrug, say “meh” and go on thinking psycho thoughts :laughing:

2 Likes

2 Likes

It’s been a while since I’ve done a post in this thread,
simply for the fact I am pretty satisfied with my equipment
and the juice I have been making.

So I don’t get a lot of vape mail, or supplies.

I may be alone in this, but got to thinking maybe some other
’seniors’ ( old in years ) types might be in the same thinking.

I haven’t owned a regulated mod since 2014, but one caught my eye
and having some extra money ( gift card for Fathers Day ) I ordered
one. Noth‌ing fancy, only 40w max.

Thought it was time to give my many Nemesis a much needed break.

The juices I have been making fall into two catagories, Tobacco and
fruit types ( peach, mango, hawaiian drink, etc. )

Still run a single coil, 1.0 ohm or higher build on my Kayfuns.

I keep my recipes private only because they are boring.

For me there is no better site to get the creative jucies flowing
on what I want to try next. Thanks to all who give of their time.

3 Likes

Not sure on the year - 63 perhaps. ( I was younger then and I did not look it up) But I do remember having to crawl under my desk in elementary school for bomb drills or what ever they called them. Turned 60 this year by the way.

2 Likes

Snape…to go back aways, this Cowboy blend you get from Slims, do you order it any special way, say with extra flavor shots? Wondered how you get it and like it. I ordered once from slims a long time ago, what I ordered I didn’t really like. But always on the lookout for good tobac juices and recipes.