Setting up the Flavour (Flavor) Fridge

I had to revamp the fridge - i out grew it a little.

So armed with another free fridge i set out to make it better.
I made the frame out of Aluminium this time (the fridge was square which made it easier) I also decided to fabricate the trays from scratch.

Here are a few pics of the new one.

Frame installed with a few draw runners for testing

Test build on one tray - oops made a drilling mistake lol

How many flavours per tray. Think i will work off about 20 with 7 rows gives me 140 per draw

Few more draws done. Loads of drilling and riveting

Job done - nearly a full shelf as room to grow

15 Likes

looks like its built to last, well done

6 Likes

^^^ Agreed. Now make me one. :stuck_out_tongue:

On a serious note, that’s awesome and I’m insanely jealous. That is definitely something I need to look at getting. Not necessarily because I want my flavors refrigerated, but because that’s just great all around, easy access storage that keeps the bottles all relatively upright and the whole lot of them pretty much sealed in a container. Bravo.

7 Likes

Got a friend who has a fridge , works but one hinge is messes up. He was thinking about scrapping it…

My thoughts r it be a perfect Candidate for a

Flavor fridge

4 Likes

V2 unceremoniously took a crap so I had to make v3 - no freebie fridge this time the building takes awhile so i don’t wanna have to do it every year.

Anyhoo this is V3

10 Likes

Wow,I tip my hat to you Sir. I live in the UK and although we don’t have extremely hot weather this last summer was exceptionally hot for us so I put all of my flavours in my Budweiser beer fridge to keep them cool and they’ve been there ever since. I’ve heard mixed views on refrigerating flavours so I’m glad to see I’m not the only one doing it,I think that so long as the temperature is not kept too cold as you would to store fresh food in the fridge then it’s fine and is better for them than storing in warm temperatures and sunlight. Great job you have done there,well done!

5 Likes

I know he’s got me wanting to steer away from the more common FA and CAP and TPA brands im used to…I need to do a bigger bottle order soon in the future I think I am going to look into this real flavors and purlium I already started my pur collection. …now im ready to get away from the others.

2 Likes

wow! you guys inspire me so much!,I am so happy to be part of this awesome community,! I would love to actually meet any one of you amazing people! so awesome!!! :ok_hand:

5 Likes