Signatures

What do you think of the idea of forum signatures like this plugin:

Some say they are old hat but i think it will be great to allow people to put their websites, recipe page links etc in all of their posts.

Let me know what you think

3 Likes

Iā€™m not a fan, but Iā€™m not against it, but Iā€™d like to hear other peopleā€™s thoughts!

3 Likes

I like it. Normally I keep a lyric from a song thatā€™s on my mind. Nothing mind blowing just something to let people know where my mind is.

I also like people that put their counters in there telling how many days they have been smoke free.

If there is a toggle switch to turn off siggys then I think it would satisfy those that like it and those that donā€™t.

1 Like

At first I did miss the ability to have a Signature like we do on other forums.Now I kinda like the clean uncluttered look.:neutral_face:
It isnā€™t going to effect me either way but perhaps it could be used as a donation incentive to help pay for the site maintenance .On another forum the supporting members are allowed signatures and the larger the donation the more room the member is given for their signature content?They have different levels. :money_mouth:

I can totally see someone using their signature to list their entire flavor stash , mod and atomizer collection! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I just want to use it to put in silly little quotes! :joy:

5 Likes

I hate under signatures, if they are enabled there should be a an option for users to hide them all from their view.

7 Likes

I understand and appreciate the ā€˜cleanā€™ look, but I also think a ā€˜signatureā€™ would invariably give the member a chance to show a little more ā€˜personalityā€™. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I kinda like the idea, I also kinda like the clean look thoughā€¦

Iā€™m kinda confusedā€¦kindaā€¦

7 Likes

Like the sentiment, hate the clutter. If we had control of our titles, howeverā€¦I wouldnā€™t change a letter of mine but Iā€™m sure some would mix it up.

5 Likes

I like the clean look too and Iā€™m not confused, or at least I donā€™t think I am :confused:

4 Likes

I second TRWā€™s thoughts. Iā€™ve been wracking my brain for months now for a good use of mine would be. Lol! (If I had control of that, it would be changed according to mood!)

While I think itā€™s a decent enough suggestion, far too often I have seen them get way out of hand.

Even if it was limited to one line (which I ordinarily wouldnā€™t consider ā€œintrusiveā€), I honestly have to say that Iā€™ve really come to appreciate how well the conversation flows (or rather, how seamlessly one post goes into another) without that Sig bar.

5 Likes

I have totally no idea what ā€˜signaturesā€™ even means! This is the first forum Iā€™ve ever been a member ofā€¦Iā€™m so naive to it all :upside_down_face::slight_smile:ļø

1 Like

Thatā€™s my thought as well. Signatures is usually a ton of redundant informationā€¦

Yes, but ideally all that info should be shown when you click on a personā€™s avatar or nameā€¦ It shows stuff like twitter if you input itā€¦ I havenā€™t had any luck doing deeper integration, but that was a while ago - perhaps I will give it a try againā€¦

Itā€™s like an email signature - a fixed piece of text that shows up on each and every one of your posts. Iā€™ve seen forums where most of the threads main content is signatures, peppered with short replies :stuck_out_tongue: hehe

5 Likes

I understand both sides of the idea but Iā€™m more a fan of the clean look. So I join the crowd who says yes but let us have the ability to hide them.

3 Likes

Ahhhh I see!

If I had one it would be something cheesy knowing me! Iā€™m happy with or without (Iā€™m such a people pleaser, I like everybody to be happy :blush:)

1 Like

Not my cup of tea

4 Likes

Ah, yeah didnā€™t think of it being clutteryā€¦

How about just a link to your recipe page on the profile page?

3 Likes

I tried working on this, it wasnā€™t easy - I will give it a go again soon! It would be really cool to have, both recipe list, stash, comments, ratings etc! :smiley:

6 Likes

Iā€™ll look at how these plugins are made tomorrow, maybe we can come up with something together?

Or you could just:

1 Like