SMOK TF-R2 Dual RBA Deck

That one too…

2 Likes

I finally got around to building my other 2 TF-R2 dual rba decks. These should run at .07 - .08 ohm.

4 Likes

ok, PV, i have a confession: i am, so far, NOT impressed with the TFV4…i have only used it with the coil that it came installed with, the triple coil, i believe, and i have vaped probably 12 tanks full…not impressed at all…matta-fak, i enjoy the flavor through my triton much better…BUT, all you people simply cannot be wrong, so it is my intention to put my TF-R2 into action today…
i look up to you and your wealth of knowledge/wisdom and experience…so lead me, oh wise one…i have many many different types of wire, including Ti…so what do you recommend i build with to get the experience i should be getting?
i’m pretty sure youre gonna say Ti, so on that note, i’ll guess Ti, 2.5-3.0 ID, 5 wraps, and i believe i only have 24 gauge…
is this where i need to be? as always, much thanks and much respect…

1 Like

That makes two of us. I’m never impressed with kanthal. That why I run dual Ti coils. Kanthal will ruin any tank.

1 Like

gotta question: suppose i was to go with SS on this deck…what you recommend as far as gauge, wraps, ID, spacing???
or something fancy? like clapton? fused clapton?

It depends on how low you want it. Dual 24g, 5 wraps, 2.5mm ID should be .15 - .25. I’m not sure though. It’s been a while since I wrapped SS. I highly recommend the Ti for the max experience. You know I’m Ti all day… It’s the only wire I recommend.

I don’t do claps or recommend them. Just str8 standard spaced Ti.

In all my days of building I only made 1 coil that delivered like Ti. I had to run it at 120w.

The Cloud Machine

2 Likes

gotcha…well, i will make my decision by days end…probably go with the Ti then, as i want maximum efficiency…
thanks, brother

2 Likes

when using TC and you set your resistance, how long does that last? does it remain set if you take out your batteries and replace them? how often do i need to set the resistance?

1 Like

If the coil is built right and your TC mod is stable, it’ll stay set until you change it.

1 Like

OK, got the tank set up, dual coil, TF-R2, Ti, 26g, 5 wraps, 2.5 ID, .15-.16 ohms, local max VG flavor called Brads Butter, running 56.8 joules…flavor is stellar to say the very least…I am beyond impressed…and then, I find a little tiny clear o- ring on my table…um, how important is that? My tank is full…

2 Likes

1 of 2 possibilities. My guess is that it is the o-ring for the coil. Mine has what seems to be a little liquid Teflon in addition to the o-ring. Otherwise it’s the one that the stem screws into the top of the coil. I would think that either would leak. Apparently you are much luckier than I. Enjoy it until it leaks or you feel like taking it apart. If it was me i’d have juice all over me. Sit back, and Vape on.

2 Likes

If it’s this one:

…then I’d say it’s important - and I am actually curious why your tank hasn’t leaked yet…

1 Like

Yes, Daath, thats the one…Well, so far no leaking, and it’s been on for 12 hours or so…my extra o-ring is in the spare parts bag and I can’t necessarily rule out that it may actually have an o-ring on right now and that what I found was just an extra one…when I empty the tank I’ll check it out…it shouldn’t be long, considering the rate at which I vape, lol…

1 Like

ok, the suspense is over…i took the tank off and there IS an o-ring on there…so i guess they put an extra o-ring in the bag the deck came in and also the o-ring that comes in the spare parts bag in addition to the one that comes on the deck itself…
thanks, guys

2 Likes

Gentlemen. First let me say I got my TF-R2 today and PV you’re spot on…man the flavor with dual Ti coils is just like a dripper. Plenty of cloud and full on, in your face taste. Pure as hell and so thank you for everything. Let me tell you though my journey to get there.

So the build was a bitch for me and my fat fingers. I won’t bore you.

After building and testing for shorts, all looks good. I put on my xCube and set for dual coil temp control. Wanted to start off cool and build my way up. So I put at 420F. Bam, huge hit and hot vape. Nothing dry but TC never kicked in after about 3 drags. So I checked and sure enough the mod had not adjust the TCoR but it was still set where I was using it with a single coil… 0.0420. So I reset through the app. Went back to the mod (can’t set up DC on the app for some reason) and verfied it adjusted. Having read yours and Lars’ reports I decided to leave it at 0.0350. This was somewhat cooler but still far hotter than I feel it should be. Again, TC never kicked in. I had to lower it to 280F for the TC function to work properly, which it did and the vape wasn’t bad. However, I went through the mod and ajdusted to Lars’ calculation of 0.0175. Now I’m able to increase the temp and currenlty vaping at 500F, TC works and the vape is amazing.

If you have input for me that’s awesome. I’m all ears. Otherwise I’m thrilled with this dual coil Ti build and glad I listen to you guys.

4 Likes

Glad to hear you’re having success with Ti! :smiley:

I need less work :confused: My TF-R2 has been sitting on my desk in its packaging for more than a week now :confused: Also, I usually vape like 6-12 different juices, but now I am down to three (two earlier, but I quickly prepared an atty so I’d have more than two juices) :stuck_out_tongue:

I can’t imagine the dual deck will be different from the single, but I’ve found swapping flavors is quick. One or two pulls of the first juice then all new flavor after that. Of course that doesn’t work I’m sure if you’re going from something like blueberry to coffee to, well you know :slight_smile:

I’m on the stainless wagon… not only cause I have a few pounds but for real real flavor it’s the best ever on my tfr1 I’m gonna try the vert coil next but I can only imagine this is going to last me for a long time and then I might try the titanium but this f****** stainless is damn good vertical coil next here I come

2 Likes

After reading your post I went back and tried this setting again. I had the same outcome as before… TC protect kicks in, in under 1 second… cool air vape with no vapor. It may be my mod. The only satisfactory vape for me is TCoR at .00475 and up. I’m currently vaping at 340 degrees.

I delayed buying this mod because as reported before, some mods run perfect and others are problematic. It’s unpredictable which mod you will receive. I’m glad you’re having success.

1 Like

Nice pics thanks for letting us check that out