Smok TFV8 - The TFV4 successor

I’m rebuilding it right now with a 2.5 mm ID… so I can use less cotton.

The post sitting over the juice well is making it a difficult to fill the juice well with cotton when you have a fluffy wick. So I’m going with a smaller ID to use less wick. As far as the ohming problem… I haven’t figured that out yet.

1 Like

I went with fused claptons in mine and having the same wicking issues.
I’ve still got it at 3mm ID and have just had to rewick because it leaked. This time I’ve used more cotton. I’ve tucked it under the bottom of the post and crossed it so left wick crosses right wick. So I’ll try that and get back.

2 Likes

One thing I’ve noticed is the airflow is too far away from the post causing longer coil legs resulting in higher ohms. I’ll probably have to drop one wrap on the coil to get into deep water… but that’s less coil surface. IMO there are design flaws with this RBA.

3 Likes

I totaly agree. Nightmare again with Smok. Mine just dumped my juice again. Ohm’s all over the place, i said last time I wasn’t going to buy Smok again and now I remember why.

3 Likes

OK, I think I got it now. I’m running the 22g Ti with a 2.5mm ID, 6/5 wraps @ .14 ohm. No more hot spots and it’s vaping much better.

I’ll vape this today and see if it will hold up. I’ll post my thoughts later.

3 Likes

Ok I’ll try that one and see how i get on. :+1:

3 Likes

Nailed it! Ended up having to take a wrap off so the cotton could sit better,

So that was one side wicked,

Wicked and soaked,

And the smoking gun. :yum:

Ended up with a 0.15 dual fused ss claptons, hitting it with 90watts and she’s well named," THE BEAST"
Clouds are humongous, and flavour’s quite good. Let’s see how she performs over the next few days but up to now, me likey. :yum:

5 Likes

I agree… there is a learning curve with this tank, but once you hit the sweet spot, it’s really good.

2 Likes

I’m on 120w now and not a problem. Hope that’s all it is, just that learning curve, because she’s a dream right now.
Had to open the window and the door. :dash::dash::dash::dash:

3 Likes

I think with me using a standard wrapped coil (not a clapton/smaller coil)… the longer coil legs were needed to get the coil over the airflow. It works for me though. Is it Boreas good… no IMO. But it’s right there or better than the rest I own. It’ll be in my regular rotation. I’d like to see a mini for testing my recipes.

3 Likes

Agreed. I think the Boreas is THE tank at the moment but this outshines the griffin etc. Let’s see how she performs over the next few days or so, then we’ll know better.
@Phill this is where were at, at the moment with the tfv8. Mabey give you some insight into it. :yum:

1 Like

If this holds up it will be my #2 all time favorite tank. I’m lovin’ it right now.

3 Likes

Yes. Definitely. Now my cotton has broken in and I’ve topped my tank back up, she’s a dream.
She’s a greedy thing, but nice flavour now. :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Glad to see you guys got them figured out. I have really been enjoying mine the past few days. I tried some of my other tanks yesterday for comparison but went right back to the TFV8.

3 Likes

Haven’t put it down all night. Great bit of kit. Some really good flavour coming through now the build and cotton have bedded in
Might get a second one. :wink:

3 Likes

I see what the whole thing is about… however - I almost never crank up the voltage that high… no need really (for me at least).

The last good tank that SMOK made (in my opinion) was the TF-RTA G2/G4 - best balance of flavor and ease of use. For some reason - RDAs always seem to me the best for taste.

3 Likes

I really like the G2 also. This delivers even better taste and thicker clouds in my opinion. I only run mine between 38-45 watts, so you don’t have to run it at high power to enjoy the benefits. What is also surprising is that even though this is an rba, it has a just as large of build deck as the TF-RTA or the TFRDTA

1 Like

This is how I imagine you guys mixing from now on to “feed the beast” :wink:

9 Likes

:point_up::point_up::point_up::joy:

2 Likes

Preach it brother!!! Couldn’t agree more.

1 Like