Smok TFV8 - The TFV4 successor

Maybe if it were a local purchase I would do that. Or even if it was something of more value. But no more than the item costs it’s just not worth the time or hassle to me.

1 Like

Good luck contacting Smok. They have THE utmost abysmal customer service I have ever come across in any company. They simply wouldn’t understand that you are trying to help them. I have given up with them on more than one occasion.

1 Like

So I’ve had the TFV8 for several months now, I have not ventured into the RBA arena yet, maybe I’m just lazy, but I use the pre-built coils. I’ve used all of the SMOK TFV8 coil in every ohm capacity they offer. At best I’m getting 3-4 days out of a coil running anywhere from 50-65 watts. This thing just burns through coils like butter. Maybe it’s my juice, I usually vape a sweet fruit flavor high VG based juice. I got tried a buying coils for the TFV8 and recently got the new Aspire Cleito 120. I’ve been using it for 10 days now on the original coil with no hint of a burn, so I’m thinking of shelving the TFV8 until SMOKtech can resolve this coil issue. Is anyone else having this issue? Recommendations/thoughts??

Pain in the arse to wick indeed, but I got it alright… that’s a healing cut on the side of my index finger near the first knuckle too: I gashed it wide open about a week ago when the carbon steel razor sharp knife I was carving an owl outta redgum with slipped, instantly cutting right to the bone and sending a starting a torrent of blood that didn’t stop completely for over an hour.
It’s already almost healed though, hence the lumpy scar :flushed:

I’ve had this tank for two years or so but stopped using it routinely because a) I’ve switched from smoking to vaping to smoking to vaping for months at a time and b) the coils are ridiculous at near-on $10/piece…

Now the vape ban rubbish is about to happen though I figure I’ll have to start rebuilding tanks a well as RDAs and this is the first attempt I’ve ever made at coiling any RBA - let alone this tank which came with the RBA head that’s been in a cupboard unused thous whole time.

Not only did it work out beautiful even with the clumsy wick hole being right under the coil posts I’ve wound the dual coils (28g kanthal 7 wraps) at around 1ohm and in so doing I’ve reduced the juice and power consumption to a much saner level.

I have tamed the beast: turned it into a pussycat that runs perfectly @ 30W and still produces heaps of vapor without sucking batteries dead after a handful of hits.

Not a bead of leakage in over an hour too, so that’s saved me having to pay for a new RBA :+1:

Only negative I can predict: being such a nuisance to rewick I can see myself tolerating a gunky coil for longer than I would with an RDA and though I’ve filled it with a juice now that’s a mix of different tobacco’s, plus some that nutty TFA Acetylene Pyrazine (or whatever it’s called), I’ll probably want new cotton within a day or two and then what?

Empty the tank, deal with the mess, wash the tank clean, dry everything and THEN remove the old coil/cotton and replace it?

By then I could’ve already rewicked several RDAs and be dripping different flavours in each.

Hmm that’s not happened yet of course - I’m just forecasting likely events - but I could see myself either vaping only pure, flavorless nicotine liquid to save having to change the coil so often or rapidly discovering that RBAs are not for me, much.

Hope the coil and cotton don’t gunk that fast though, because the idea of a tank that’s big enough to hold so much liquid while operating at only 30W and not using much liquid - compared to what ridiculous it eats juice with the proprietary coils running at ~100W - would be a very nice tank to use.

Taste is excellent too: even after tossing the dual claptons that came with it and using plain kanthal wire.

1 Like