So what's really up?

http://healthnetlive.com/u-s-just-admitted-that-cannabis-does-kill-cancer-cells-4/

12 Likes

I didn’t figure it would take long now that they found a way to make money from it’s sale.Go Figure!:rage:
Sorry brother will have to hit up with a like later , I am fresh out! Damn a bunch of regulations telling me what or how many about everything I do!:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes
5 Likes

God no, they might actually be cured, now where’s the profit in that!

6 Likes

Warning: mini rant ahead…not directed at you @ringling, just at the issue.

This is one of those things that kinda gets me. From my brief time in school when I was studying biotech and working with cancer cells (which I know does not qualify me to really say anything at all, but I’m going to anyway) I can tell you that LOTS of things will kill cancer cells in a petri dish. Like, not feeding them, acid, peroxide, etc. That doesn’t necessarily mean it will be an effective therapy for using in a person. Killing the cells isn’t enough. You have to be able to kill the cells without killing all the other cells, and that’s when things get tricky. I killed several plates of cancer cells with apple cider vinegar, but the amount it would take to do it in vivo would mean a person would have to drink a ton of ACV and by that time, all their other cells would be dying also. Part of the reason chemo works (when it works) and produces the side effects that it does is because it targets all rapidly dividing cells—one of the distinguishing characteristics of a cancer cell. But, the cells that make up your skin, hair follicles, the lining in your gut, the lining in your mouth, bone marrow, etc. are also all rapidly dividing cells so they die, too.

Cancer cells also mutate rapidly. Their whole foundation is that the DNA is mutated beyond repair and the cell cycle has gone haywire. So there won’t be a single cure for ‘cancer’ there will have to be many different cures for different types of cancer. This is where an ounce of prevention (when possible) is worth a pound of cure. Avoiding things that mutate DNA (again, when possible) will help lower the risks of getting cancer. Don’t tan, wear sunscreen, don’t smoke, eat healthy food, etc. Also, don’t drink caffeine or water, because those are mutagenic, too. LoL.

Cancer is really complicated. It just isn’t as simple as throwing a chemical in a plate, injecting it into an animal, and then putting it out to market as a treatment. The average research and development life for a drug (not necessarily cancer) is 15 years. A tiny fraction of things that begin testing actually make it all the way through to marketable product, despite what it may seem. I’m not trying to defend the exorbitant cost of medication or big pharma policies at all, the whole thing is skewed toward the big guys making the big bucks, but the scientist in me remembers the fact that it took a week+ to do a single assay on a simple compound using known elements and procedures.

All that to say that cannabis may be a legit possible treatment or at the least effective for the side effects of cancer, chemo, radiation, etc. But, saying “it kills cancer cells” isn’t enough of a reason for it to be considered a cure any more than saying something is mutagenic is enough of a reason to call it a deadly poison.

10 Likes

Don’t worry! :rage: Big Pharm will find a way to screw up using cannabis for cancer cures on purpose and then come up with a synthetic drug to counter their screw up, all the while making money hand over fist. :imp:

3 Likes

Not sure about the soundness of that piece of advice since it is chockfull with chemicals :nerd:

4 Likes

See! We’re screwed no matter what. LoL. Best stay inside. Except, UVA can pass through clear glass, so make sure all your windows are tinted or foiled.

Cancer sucks. The mechanics of the way it starts and spreads are awful. And the idea that it could happen spontaneously at any time to anyone is also terrifying. It was hard not to anthropomorphize cancer cells (and viruses!) in biotech because the processes seem so intentionally malicious. I wish there was a single, easy cure. Maybe some day they will find a way to reverse the damage done to DNA that causes it in the first place. Of course, then they’d charge tons of money for it and only the richest of the rich people would be able to afford it. Jerks. :rage:

4 Likes

Watch this one :+1:

https://youtu.be/CZFO1tq5OeI

1 Like

Have you ever heard of the concept of cancer not being able to survive in an alkaline environment? When my son was nearing the end of his treatments I met a lady who owned a local produce stand. She had been diagnosed with cancer and apparently already had known about this concept, and so she proceeded to make her body chemistry more alkaline than acidic. She told me she did this by drinking only fresh squeezed orange juice for a while, then going onto this super food of dried greens. She also gave me a copy of this book Alkalize or Die and urged me to try to help my son with this method. He was too far gone at the time. Anyway I just wondered if you’d ever heard of this concept.

2 Likes

It is also said that cancer feeds on sugar and a completely sugar free diet can kill cancer. That my friend is a very, very hard diet. That means only GREEN vegetables and meats. No starches, bread, potatoes, rice, fruits, nuts, nothing but the above. Doesn’t sound that bad till you realize that it is the carbs that make you feel full…

4 Likes

Jeez the guy is longwinded. He could have told this story in under 10 minutes.
Listen people, there’s plenty oil, we’re not running out so the price hikes are BS. They’re lying to you on a daily basis. Oil is the currency of the world which they use to control us all and the final strings are in the hands of big banks. Banks are the real rulers of this planet and they’ve got everybody by the balls and this has been going on for a long, long time. Why the fuck you think they’ve been bailed out and will be bailed out over and over again?
See, I can do it in less than two, but then I have no book to sell :grinning:

4 Likes

Yes you are right Banks and oil co. run the world

2 Likes

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-the-fda-manipulates-the-media/#

4 Likes

I think someone in the class did their big project using baking soda, which is alkaline. The general consensus was that even if it did work, consuming enough alkaline substances to affect your body enough to be a treatment would present a whole different set of issues since everything is designed to run at a certain pH. The body works pretty well to keep everything running at a constant level and overtaxing that probably isn’t the best idea, especially when it’s already sick. But, like I said, I’m far from qualified to really say much with certainty (or proof :wink: ).

2 Likes
4 Likes
2 Likes
4 Likes

http://www.attn.com/stories/11673/chelsea-clinton-implies-marijuana-can-kill-you

As with Vaping they start the propaganda machine in little ways with lies and misleading information. Legalization IS coming, BUT, all so the FDA can regulate it and let the Big Pharma take it over as they have done with Vaping and the tobacco companies. It’s coming and probably sooner than we think…

Drug interactions Chelsea? Can you be more specific? Like maybe the coroner found methamphetamine or cocaine in their system? Maybe a bit of heroine?

I’ve been so stoned before i thought I might die. Right? You know what I’m talking about! :slight_smile: But there’s a big difference between paranoia and a medical emergency. In fact I’ve never even known anyone who’s gone into any kind of medical distress from smoking weed. Maybe they’d laugh or eat themselves to death. Whatever. Country’s gone to shit and the progressives have the biggest shovels.

5 Likes