Steep method shared by vendor

I got one for you guys. I know there are a handful of threads about steeping, but I wanted to post separately…
I bought some Juice on a black Friday deal and when it arrived, I shot the vendor an email asking if it was pre-steeped, to which they replied:
They are pre-steeped for two weeks, but they will only get better with a steeping/venting process. It’s simple — here’s how it works! Shake the bottles vigorously, then apply the dripper caps and leave the black part twisted fully open. Let the bottles sit like that for one day, which will allow the more volatile flavor compounds to escape. Then, seal the bottles and place them in a well lit room for two to three days. This will allow the nicotine to oxidize and fully develop the flavor.

This is a new one to me…anybody else?

3 Likes

but that would leave your nicotine bitter wouldn’t it??..hence the need for amber bottles? It needs dark not light??..

3 Likes

Anyone got a mass spectrometer handy?

2 Likes

Lol. That’s why they add 2% surclourse.

3 Likes

ahhh…of course…how stupid of me :laughing:

First off, I’m having a little trouble believing that this poster Whiterose is buying any pre made juice :anguished: And exposing the juice to light to intentionally oxidize the nic to develop flavor?? …are you bored and just trying to cause some controversy? lol

1 Like

Oh my…good call. Good call out, lol…it’s true, I don’t have near the time I used to have to mix all the wonderful things, so I get bored with what I have mixed and occasionally buy juices that I would consider a good deal and sound delish. I am NOT paying $20 for a 30ml bottle, though!
That was great, @Johan! Called me right out! Hats off!

4 Likes

Sounds crazy. Those sound like two things we are trying to avoid in mixing…losing flavor and oxidizing nic. LOL. I think I’ll take a pass on this method unless someone else decides to try it and says it’s “like, totally the best thing ever yall!” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I tell ya what…they sent me two of one kind, so I guess I’ll do one bottle their way and one bottle my way and i’ll let you know. Sound good, Ms JoJo?

7 Likes

You’re brave. :smiley: I anxiously await your conclusions, sir! :tophat:

3 Likes

That would be a great way to find out!While I haven’t heard of that approach before I wouldn’t doubt it not working to meld the flavors better.Thank you for sharing that!

I sometimes think we get caught up too much in the steeping process.Some flavors need it others it hurts but just about all are better with just a short two week rest.
IMO we find so many different answers on this because there are so many ways that will work.:slight_smile:

2 Likes

M’lady awaits me…this delights me!
:crown:

3 Likes

No offense intended, was just a chain yank. I’m pretty sure you’re the one
who opened my eyes to rayon, so thanks again for that.

2 Likes

Lately Ive been making 220 ml batches without nicotine of my ADV, just before my last 30 ml bottle runs out.
I blend it with a corded powerdrill and the badger paint stirrer rod (dropped my badger and it broke)…and then cap it till my last 30 is gone.
I add 1.88 ml(3mg) of nicotine each to 3 or more 30 ml bottles, and then pour in the 220 ml batch to each bottle, then blend each one again.
Done, now i have enough for the whole week.
I dont burp, breath, heat or any of that…and i have enough steeped juice for more than a couple of weeks.

2 Likes

Oh, man, no offense taken…actually made me chuckle, and that’s hard to do, lol

1 Like

what is a poster , i didnt get that part

Thats a large paper picture that gets hung on a wall Sir. As for the steeping method, Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING I have ever read says keep all juice out of the light… kinda like a gremlin.

3 Likes

@Whiterose0818 has all the time in the world between building mods , making juice , working , setting up engraver etc im sure you are pretty bored with all your time lol

1 Like

oh so it truly was meant to say poster lmao , and i agree about the nic , as a matter of fact i dont add mine until the steeping is done and im ready to vape

umm… I agree, that is odd o.O

Actually… LOL

5 Likes