Steep method shared by vendor

I need to correct myself there, heavy flavours darken fast, I have fruit flavours that have stayed pretty much the same colour since I made them

1 Like

Makes total sense. . .I dont care for creams or custard in general so I mostly mix fruits, teas and flowers. . .I remember having this discussion before. I think this is also why I vape on the cool side. I’ve noticed I vape my fruits about 100F colder than custards. (Fruits 420-450F, custard 500-520F)

It just so happens that I looked over as I am vaping a pistachio banana custard and Im at 500F. . .but it’s still clear and I made it 17 Apr. . .Custard FLV though

1 Like

I’m edging my way to TC it’s coming soon

ELR is awesome but I feel like it is missing out on all this amazing info people have, look at all the experience we have and yet people still have to ask questions…

I have thought about this a lot and I have the tools and time to compile but I would love to see it happen here

Examples:

X Steeps his/her juice like this and this is the outcome…

X found that doing x makes his/her juice taste like x

X noticed that this condition had this affect on his/her juice

@daath @JoJo

The window sill it sat on would have allowed maybe 3 hours of sunlight, but, alas, it was cloudy today…so I shall allow another day on the sill. After that, into the mixing lab desk where everything is lit by full spectrum day bulbs!

1 Like

I love that movie, im going to watch it tonight.

I thought oxidized nic gets weaker? (or so I was told)

When I read the post I was thinking I was going to watch the episode where he did the weighing of the mushrooms… ya just saved me the time and effort of having to find my portable hard drive with all of “Good Eats” shows on it.

1 Like

:laughing: you’re welcome!

This is Bust A Nut… the one on the left is about a month old… the one on the right was made this morning.

3 Likes

If you like Alton, try this
http://modernistcuisine.com/
Most Amazing books ever

And of course egullet forum

MMmmMM, i need to mix up another batch of that…

Btw I’m reasonably confident it was Harold McGee that did the work on mushrooms originally

http://www.cookingissues.com/2009/12/21/crowded-wet-mushrooms-a-beautiful-thing/

But Alton popularised it. I love that series he did. Easy to watch, awesome advice nice food.

BTW it’s worth following the cooking issues articles by Dave Arnold

And look into Harold McGee books , amazing, king of food science in a accessible format. That’s it back to vapes

1 Like

I am sure it probably would. Me personally I mix with an 8mg base, but dependant on concentrate used the finished mix can be as low 6mg when mixed just in my general everyday mixing. I am lucky I don’t have to remain rigid at a set mg for every mix, like some people do.

I don’t notice the difference between 6-8mg I may vape more at 6mg I don’t really know… Once again Black Custard isn’t going to be everybody’s cup of tea, but the stronger, more heavy flavour it has to it, more than compensates for any nic level drop imho.

Most custards whatever brand when mixed even if airtight will have a tendency to blacken if left untouched for 6-12 months anyway I’ve found. Along with concentrates like Calipitter Chow, Creme Brulee, Ice Creams and the like

I’m not sure a vendor would get many sales from selling Black Custard hence you get it that golden colour when bought. But you stick say a bottle of Grants unopened in a cupboard for 12 months it will go black also

2 Likes