TFV4, Crown, Haze and others - How do they stack up against each other?

Iā€™m seeing this on a few other forums too. You either love it or hate it. I have three and Iā€™m happy with them all. If I had a dual rba for the Crown it may be my fave. But I canā€™t fave a single coil. I havenā€™t been using either of my Crowns lately The vape is good with the 22g Tiā€¦ but not as good as the dual TFV4s.

2 Likes

I just got the tfv4 and it is by far the best tank out thereā€¦ great flavor and density of clouds is greatā€¦ Iā€™m using titanium wire with the single and dual coil rtas ā€¦the only thing I would add is it is tricky to wick but after a leak or two its vaping great!

2 Likes

I canā€™t seem to get the dual coil air flow just rightā€¦ Iā€™m using 24g titanium. What dia/raps are you using?

1 Like

2.5mm ID 6 wraps - also 24G (0.5mm)ā€¦

2 Likes

Do you have any leaking problems? The dual coil seems to leak if I wick it short and be to tight if I put enough cotton to keep it from leaking? Any thoughts??? I just havenā€™t found a happy median?

1 Like

@Pro_Vapes has some instructions - I just went by instinct and it worked - leak free :smile:

There you go:

2 Likes

Itā€™s so good to see a prediction come true. This is a post from Early June 2015.

6 Likes

Ive just done my tfv4 rba with 5 wraps of 26 awg and loaded it wiht a blueberry waffle its showing .4 on the ohm meter Iā€™ll report soon but im intrested as to why you say 22 awg has more tastešŸ˜®

2 Likes

Iā€™m gonna give the dual another shot as soon as I finish this tank of ā€˜ā€˜Mothers Unicorn Milkā€™ā€™ ( Apwoblewski recipe)ā€¦ donā€™t want to waste because itā€™s awesome!!!

1 Like

Ive got my tfv4 rda single set up with a 5 wrap 26awg ti reading 0.39 on my x cube (0.41) on my ohm meter, and my mod is reading .00350. Im vaping at 512f and my tc is still cutting in. Any advice anyone?

1 Like

Go to settings - adj. ohms: Three clicks, wait, then four, long click, then five clicks, long click then set your ohms to 0.40 or 0.41, long click and try again :slight_smile:

My own ohm meter is off by 0.2 ohms, and my XCube is often off by 0.2 ohms as well - so Iā€™ve had to fiddle a bit with the same problems :smile:

1 Like

Thanks daath. I was getting close to 520f and just a hint of burning so i didnt want to push it. Iā€™ll try that my friend. Thanks very much for your advice.

1 Like

@daath that worked a treat mate adjusted ohmā€™s to .41 and getting a nice tasty vape at 470f. Tc working fine. Thanks mate where would we be without you :ok_hand:

2 Likes

One of those Hex kits go down to a 1.27 mm. That should be small enough.
Thanks @Josephine_van_Rijn.

2 Likes

Youā€™re welcome :grinning:

1 Like

Iā€™ve never played with Ti wire, 22 is the best gauge? And whatā€™s a legit company with clean wire?

1 Like

Has anyone ever used titanium wire with a mod that only reads ni200ā€¦ I have heard that its OK if you allowed 100degrees F ā€¦ like set it for 320Ā° if you want 420Ā° ā€¦ has anyone ever heard this?

1 Like

OK I finally got the dual coil for the tfv4 to rolling the vapor!!! You all were right it is betterā€¦ when I got it wicked properly, it hits greatā€¦ great flavor and tons of vapor!!! :smiley:

1 Like

Yes itā€™s doable.

I think you need to allow around 150F less.

Iā€™ve used my IPV4S in Ni200 mode with a Ti build when I was trying to get more warmth to my vape and I started at 320F and worked my way up.

The biggest issue from what I found was that you can get dry hits this way.

But since Iā€™ve changed to 22g Ti and gone to super sub ohm builds running in Ti mode the warmth is there at 430F.

CMJ

1 Like

Iā€™ve used 29, 26 and 22g Ti wire from

www.wireandstuff.co.uk

Hereā€™s what Iā€™ve used and done so far.

26g Ti at .32ohms, at .14ohms 30-50J 485-550F flavour is great but warmth was lacking.

26g/29g Ti Alien Clapton build at 0.08ohms wow what a vape. 50J and 480F was perfect.

22g Ti 5 wrap on a 3mm dual coil at 0.07ohms 45J 430F is a great great vape. Flavour is the best Iā€™ve ever had surpassing most of my dripper builds too.

The 22g is very easy to work with, holds its shape well when forming coils.

My 22g seems to have a Titanium Oxide coating which I was a little unsure about so I sanded it off using 650grit wet and dry and then thorough cleaning afterwards.

Thanks to @daath and @pro_vapes I wonā€™t be sanding the next recoil I do. Iā€™ll just be cleaning thoroughly and wrapping it up.

CMJ

3 Likes