TFV4, Crown, Haze and others - How do they stack up against each other?

I just got the tfv4 and it is by far the best tank out there… great flavor and density of clouds is great… I’m using titanium wire with the single and dual coil rtas …the only thing I would add is it is tricky to wick but after a leak or two its vaping great!

2 Likes

I can’t seem to get the dual coil air flow just right… I’m using 24g titanium. What dia/raps are you using?

1 Like

2.5mm ID 6 wraps - also 24G (0.5mm)…

2 Likes

Do you have any leaking problems? The dual coil seems to leak if I wick it short and be to tight if I put enough cotton to keep it from leaking? Any thoughts??? I just haven’t found a happy median?

1 Like

@Pro_Vapes has some instructions - I just went by instinct and it worked - leak free :smile:

There you go:

2 Likes

It’s so good to see a prediction come true. This is a post from Early June 2015.

6 Likes

Ive just done my tfv4 rba with 5 wraps of 26 awg and loaded it wiht a blueberry waffle its showing .4 on the ohm meter I’ll report soon but im intrested as to why you say 22 awg has more taste😮

2 Likes

I’m gonna give the dual another shot as soon as I finish this tank of ‘‘Mothers Unicorn Milk’’ ( Apwoblewski recipe)… don’t want to waste because it’s awesome!!!

1 Like

Ive got my tfv4 rda single set up with a 5 wrap 26awg ti reading 0.39 on my x cube (0.41) on my ohm meter, and my mod is reading .00350. Im vaping at 512f and my tc is still cutting in. Any advice anyone?

1 Like

Go to settings - adj. ohms: Three clicks, wait, then four, long click, then five clicks, long click then set your ohms to 0.40 or 0.41, long click and try again :slight_smile:

My own ohm meter is off by 0.2 ohms, and my XCube is often off by 0.2 ohms as well - so I’ve had to fiddle a bit with the same problems :smile:

1 Like

Thanks daath. I was getting close to 520f and just a hint of burning so i didnt want to push it. I’ll try that my friend. Thanks very much for your advice.

1 Like

@daath that worked a treat mate adjusted ohm’s to .41 and getting a nice tasty vape at 470f. Tc working fine. Thanks mate where would we be without you :ok_hand:

2 Likes

One of those Hex kits go down to a 1.27 mm. That should be small enough.
Thanks @Josephine_van_Rijn.

2 Likes

You’re welcome :grinning:

1 Like

I’ve never played with Ti wire, 22 is the best gauge? And what’s a legit company with clean wire?

1 Like

Has anyone ever used titanium wire with a mod that only reads ni200… I have heard that its OK if you allowed 100degrees F … like set it for 320° if you want 420° … has anyone ever heard this?

1 Like

OK I finally got the dual coil for the tfv4 to rolling the vapor!!! You all were right it is better… when I got it wicked properly, it hits great… great flavor and tons of vapor!!! :smiley:

1 Like

Yes it’s doable.

I think you need to allow around 150F less.

I’ve used my IPV4S in Ni200 mode with a Ti build when I was trying to get more warmth to my vape and I started at 320F and worked my way up.

The biggest issue from what I found was that you can get dry hits this way.

But since I’ve changed to 22g Ti and gone to super sub ohm builds running in Ti mode the warmth is there at 430F.

CMJ

1 Like

I’ve used 29, 26 and 22g Ti wire from

www.wireandstuff.co.uk

Here’s what I’ve used and done so far.

26g Ti at .32ohms, at .14ohms 30-50J 485-550F flavour is great but warmth was lacking.

26g/29g Ti Alien Clapton build at 0.08ohms wow what a vape. 50J and 480F was perfect.

22g Ti 5 wrap on a 3mm dual coil at 0.07ohms 45J 430F is a great great vape. Flavour is the best I’ve ever had surpassing most of my dripper builds too.

The 22g is very easy to work with, holds its shape well when forming coils.

My 22g seems to have a Titanium Oxide coating which I was a little unsure about so I sanded it off using 650grit wet and dry and then thorough cleaning afterwards.

Thanks to @daath and @pro_vapes I won’t be sanding the next recoil I do. I’ll just be cleaning thoroughly and wrapping it up.

CMJ

3 Likes

I love the versatility of the SMOK and all the coil options. I hate my leaking issues and kanthol stock coils that burn out in 3-7 days for me and swapping out my batteries 3-4 times a day along with constantly having to stop and rejuice the monster. But for practical purposes and better flavor than kanthol the crown and it’s stainless steel coils are just a tid bit better. The SMOK definitely blows denser clouds and can handle much higher voltages and tastes great IMO. But I also have some dripper tanks (it’s a dripping atomizer on top of a tank system) ones a sky fall the other is the haze dripper by VHO, that blow both the TFV4 and the crown out of the water by a mile, and their tanks (technically) even with the same build (nichrome 90 26ga. .17 ohms) in the TFV4 and the Haze, haze wins on flavor and clouds. I’ve shelved my SMOK TFV4 until they decide to come out with stainless steel or Ti coils.

Also I have a velocity, and a vector RDA that are the best flavor atomizers out of every RDA I’ve seen thus far (looking forward to new innovations)