That Lemon Tart V4 Recipe!

There was a bit of controversy about this recipe recently about the validity of the ratings.

I am no way affiliated with this group, but have made it up as per ingredients and decided I would share my thoughts on the actual finished liquid as an outsider.

After a 10 day steep, It really is a good, if not one of the best finished lemon tart recipes I have tried, it blows the Dinner Lady Tart remix out the water, in finished taste and flavour. It has a great balance of Lemon and Biscuit and it really excels between 50W and 60W for me.

The only criticism I have is the meringue is a little too prominent for a Lemon Tart, it would be fine if this was called Lemon Meringue, but it is meant to be Lemon Tart. If the (CAP) meringue could be substituted for a slightly more prominent tart Lemon only flavour, This would be a 5 star recipe and not 4.5, for my tastes.

Definitely worth making if you like sub-ohming at the higher watts

I will also be tinkering with MF Lemon to see if it makes any difference over the (CAP) Lemon Meringue in the coming weeks,

10 Likes

Having not tried this recipe (yet, as it does look tasty and I do plan on trying it), I can only take a stab in the dark…but If you’re wanting to omit the cap lmp, I’d try subbing mf lemon around .2 and add a little bit of fa meringue (under 1%, maybe closer to .5%). The combo of mf lemon, fa lemon Sicily, and fa meringue always gives me a nice bright lemon with a full mouth feel. Using the meringue close to or above 1% gives me a powdered sugar effect, so I’d stay low unless you want more of a lemon bar sprinkled with powdered sugar.

6 Likes

The recipe has CAP’s Lemon Meringue Pie and not FW’s

4 Likes

Of course my mistake, just got the LMP mixed up in my head between the Dinner Lady and the the Lemon Tart recipes, when typing it out…

3 Likes

I wonder how RF SC Lemon would work here.

Either way, I just mixed the recipe exactly as shown and it smells awesome. Gonna try it too as soon as I wear out my triceps from shaking :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ok, that didn’t take long. Of course at my age, all muscle groups wear out fast!

Tastes different from how it smells. Tastes like a twinkie that was shot with lemon Pledge. Of course that’s SnV so steep will likely change that perception. I have a feeling it’s a stellar vape…but time will tell.

4 Likes

I am a Lemon fan. Most are good off the shake. This is my Lemon Pie

It is very good off the shake and after a week or two tones downs into almost a lite Lemon Cookie. Pretty much the same recipe, but I don’t use FA Cookie and some of the %ages are different.

5 Likes

Link to the recipe ?

1 Like

Click on the link above

2 Likes

First I don’t want to start or engage in any controversy and neither do I want to offend or insult anyone. Just an honest opinion based solely on my tastes. I mixed the V4 and had high hopes that the mix would be everything claimed. While I think it is “okay” or maybe “good” I honestly don’t think it warrants all the acclimates. My opinion is that it is over flavored, has waaay to much cookie, and even though it has 12% of lemon flavorings still doesn’t taste like a tart. I made and steeped 30 mils and while I will vape it, I doubt that I will ever mix it again. I will admit that I’m not impressed by Cap LIMP and as here, always find it lacking.

5 Likes

close the thread lol im having ptsd symptoms from the last thread about this , jk im not but as much as i adore everyones opinions this should all be left on the comments section of the recipe just my opinion , i hope i havent offended anyone

5 Likes

I recommend some Fidalgo LMP V2 for your PTSD.:rofl:

4 Likes

lmao , i just finished off the bottle but ty thats funny

3 Likes

Honestly, 3% FA Cookie plus 1.5% Biscuit seems a bit high. Thoughts? I am mixing it up next time I get to mixing but it seems like that is a bit high for those two.

4 Likes
4 Likes

Thank you, now I need to order lemon flavors.
I’m off to my shopping list !

2 Likes

Has anyone made it without sweetener? I get nauseated when I use sweeteners for some odd reason.

1 Like

I haven’t. All I did is follow the original recipe. However, I’ve got a revised version mixed that eliminates that cloying high level of meringue and cookie. It uses zero sweetener and has less than 9% overall flavoring. If it holds up after a month I’ll post it here. For now it’s on point.

9 Likes

i mixed this exactly as it is.next time i will use half of super sweet and see how it goes

1 Like

Now that sounds like my kinda recipe! I didn’t want to be critical of something I haven’t mixed but the percentages looked on the high side. When I did use CAP super sweet I found a drop to be more than enough. I will definitely be on the lookout for your recipe.

1 Like