It works!

17 Likes

Looks legitā€¦ Congrats on a great idea with rapid execution ā€¦Bravo sir

3 Likes

You sir, are a grade A badass!

6 Likes

Exelent job Phill. well done mate. :ok_hand:

1 Like

I watched the video and Iā€™m really impressed. That gadget is badass. I did a double wrapped clapton back in April '15, but they were no where near as clean as yours. Great Job Man! You could sell a ton of those.

6 Likes

Agreed. Get a patent NOW! :yum:

8 Likes

That is such a dope idea! I just started vaping earlier this year and got addicted to making coils right away. Iā€™ve been doing them all with a Ryobi drill and my hands. Iā€™ve wasted countless feet of wire, but I get total satisfaction when I get a wire like this out of it. 3 parallel 24g kanthal wrapped with 32g kanthal alien style. 5 wrap, 3mm, .15ohm.

10 Likes

Hi there , just throwing it out there but has anybody used one of these for clapton building ?

http://www.sportfish.co.uk/bobbin-holder-brass-thumb.html

Seeing as a lot of people use fishing swivels to aid in their building why not other fishing equipment ?

1 Like

I believe some people have posted using these in the past successfully. I havenā€™t tried it myself. To be honest I forgot all about them. Thanks for the reminder.

To be honest i didnā€™t even think about them until i saw this post, havenā€™t tried using one yet for clapton building either. Only ever used these years ago while fly making . Be interesting to know how well people have got on with them though.

1 Like

I tried it and made about a 2 inch section that was good the rest was crap

1 Like

Which method did you use?

I used the pipette Iā€™m thinking the wire iā€™m using is too small of a gage
(using 24 core/ 32 outer)

1 Like

the pipette fed beautifully

1 Like

Wire tension is very important using this method. Make sure to keep the pipette at a 90 degree angle or slightly tilted away from the wraps to keep the wire from over wrapping onto itself. Stay slow a steady from the start and with practice it should work. Good Luck.

Also make sure to twist straighten the core wire before wrapping.

I am on a mission to make a Clapton Iā€™ll take your advise
(which I really appreciate) and just keep trying!
Thanks for the help!!

1 Like

Holy crap! What was the ramp-up like on that bad boy? What mod was used to fire it?

It was on a Sigeli 100 something. Ramp up wasnā€™t too bad at higher watts.

This was the beefiest coil I ever made and probably the best kanthal build.