The Flavor Bible

I’ve made mention of this book in previous comments and I know a couple of people have purchased it since then. So I thought I would make a thread for anyone that doesn’t know about this book and may be interested.

This is a GREAT reference guide for pairing flavors and it’s a great way to get some new ideas, you may of not thought of before. I have had this book on my shelf for years and ironically, being a chef I have never actually used it but since I have been making my own juices I have been getting a whole lot of use out of it!

This book is exactly what the title says “The Flavor Bible” basically, flavor matchmaking. It provides a detailed description on almost everything from fruits, Nuts, Breads, Vegetables and more.

For Example;

BLUEBERRIES
Season: Spring-Summer
Taste: Sour-sweet
Botanical Relatives: Huckleberries
Weight: Light
Techniques: Cooked, Raw
Volume: Quiet-Moderate
Tips: Can substitute Huckleberries, Cinnamon with blueberries really intensifies the flavor of the blueberries, blueberries and lemon really go well together, etc etc…

Pairing;A-Z

• Allspice
  • Almonds
  • Apples
  • Apricots
  • Bananas
  • Blackberries
  • Butter/milk
  • Chocolate,White
  • Cinnamon
  • Cinnamon
  • Basil
  • Cloves
  • Cognac
  • Etc, Etc…

That’s just a very brief example because there is A LOT more info than that and also each item is different and may have different information than the next!

It’s a really fun book, especially if you are struggling with idea of what to do with a certain item. Keep in mind this is an actual culinary book not an e-juice flavoring book, so you wont be seeing any UNICORN VOMIT in here :wink:

Amazon link;

There are digital copies of this book as well but it’s much easier to use and navigate the physical book, rather than a digital PDF.

For those of you who want the PDF version, I have uploaded one for all to have :slight_smile: Let me know if you have any questions!!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bxa5kf6siUQLSlhPeTVFOTByY3M

I cannot speak for the Kindle/NOOK though because I don’t own one~

15 Likes

i downloaded the sample version on my kindle last night ! I am going to be looking into it ! thanks !

1 Like

Dang it! What about FLAMING MONKEY BUTT? ; )

3 Likes

Found a free epub of this online. I’ll take a look at it when I can concentrate on what I’m looking at. Since I like to cook, this may come in very handy for other than vape stuff. Thanks for the info!

3 Likes

Is that what happens when you feed a monkey jalapenos?

4 Likes

I was thinking more along the lines of:

TFA Red Hots @ 80%
CAP Banana @ 10%
FA Vienna Crm @ 1%
VG @ 6%
Nic @ 3%

3 Likes

and then you give it to the monkey?

3 Likes

Rectally…

2 Likes

Also, I need to verify this but I believe the new editions are also “updated” versions with more information/ingredients but I’m not %100 sure on this yet

3 Likes

This is going to help tremendously. Who knew blueberries and bazil went togerher! Of course I rarely cook with blueberries. I just toss them into my Ninja with some Fage and whatever else I have lying around. I am going to have to order this. Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

for each of you that received the Flavor Bible download from me, i have some cool shit to tell you:
go to page 50 and check out the index…i mean the Clickable Link Index!! yeah, thats right! its so much easier to navigate through the book with that feature! so, [quote=“DarthVapor, post:11, topic:25556”]
so it is a lot easier to quickly open to “S” than scrolling down to “S”.
[/quote]

^^^its as easy as opening to “S” ^^^ lol…

ok, i’m done…just wanted to share that, because it was just brought to my attention…

5 Likes

I just checked and it is the same on the copy posted above!
Big thanks to @Whiterose0818!

(Pssst…I still prefer the book hehe)

4 Likes

sweet!
i just want everyone to have this at their fingertips and usability to be the ease!
so lets start up some recipes!! :smile:

4 Likes

…nothing like a good ole fashion paper cut to let you know you’re still alive!

Lemon juice anyone? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Thanks brother. I collect cook books and this one has been on my wish list for quite some time now.

Still going to get the real book but so happy that I don’t have to wait for it :smile:

Guess who is staying up late Vaping chocolate custard and reading the Bible :kissing_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

No problem man!! I’m just glad I got the chance to inform everyone and get people a free copy to try!!
Plus it was all well received, so that’s even better!!

Now if they would only put Unicorn Vomit and Zen Gardens in there…

1 Like

Guess we’ll just have to make our own! :smile:

3 Likes

Thanks @Whiterose0818 for the tip just started looking at it WOW what a book. Also Thanks @DarthVapor for pointing this book out.

4 Likes

What an awesome book :grinning:

Was up till 1 last night reading and now the clock is 8:53 am and guess what I’m doing :wink:

Me and the Mrs mixed up 300ml of various juices last night and will be mixing all day. How I love my new hobby/passion! Thanks from the bottom of my heart to all you great people… You can’t imagine how finding this site has changed our lives… Literally :kissing_heart:

5 Likes

So out of the flavors that are not in this book, when they really should be…Dragon fruit…and a few others I can’t recall at the moment. I just stumbled upon Lovage. Well I just so happen to have Lovage FLV sitting in front of me :slightly_smiling:
Did you notice this @Amy2??

1 Like