The search for good Cookie flavors

Continuing the discussion from Who has the best FRUITY PEBBLES flavor:

Very informative! I’ll have to add that to the list!

I’ll add that I was very disappointed early in with FA Cookie as well. But it seems I’m developing a bit of a taste for it as I’ve worked with it (in certain recipes).

Where do you buy it (and other Simply Flavors)?
Don’t recall seeing the brand at the usual sources (but I may be having a senior moment too. lol) :thinking:

I’m getting ready to do some testing soon with FLV cookie and cookie dough. As well as a WF cookie variant (name escapes me at the moment).

I will note that typically, I tend to look for/expect a “Toll House” type of cookie in most cases. But I do like Cap sugar cookie v1, and I could always use another that brings something new to the table, or even replaces/upgrades something currently in rotation! :wink:

3 Likes

I like Jungle Flavors Cookie a lot. People say it’s more buttery, I can’t say that but it’s probably why I find it to not be as dry as FA. I’ve replaced it in all my recipes.

5 Likes

Agree the FA cookie is not completely useless but IMO its gets weird above 0.5% i prefer to use it as an additive as it can fill a hole in other cookie flavors. For example just a few drops vastly improved my OOO sugar butter cookie tester. I prefer FA as an additive only

Simply Flavor is as far as i know only available from their website and not from resellers…
Their prices are good and shipping was reasonable. Get Icecream and whipped cream too if you order!

3 Likes

@Sprkslfly

Cookie (DIYFS) 8% (4-28-18) – O.M.G. !!! Let’s start this one off the easy way, 10/10. WHY haven’t I tried this brand before ?? This is, hands down, the baddest ass cookie, I have ever vaped. PERIOD. Had a lot of trouble trying to find into on what percentages to mix DIYFS flavors at. At 8% the cookie is excellent, delicious, and outstanding. All of the elements are there you would expect in a cookie, great bakery elements, Getting slight, if any, choco elements, but it’s super duper fine, just like it is. RUN, don’t walk to order this. WILL be getting a BIG bottle of this, and may try mixing higher to check thresholds. 10/10.
Additional Notes: Continued testing of this proves to be hard to fully explain it’s goodness. Vanilla, butter, bakery, hint of chocolate, no dryness whatsoever and with @Sprkslfly’s assistance, would say very similar to a Toll House cookie.

4 Likes

If you omit the peanut butter, this is a perfect Tollhouse chocolate chip cookie.

give it 3-5 days to sit up.

small hint… the milk chocolate flavoring matches up to the toll house chocolate chips…
I know… I have baked many of them, not including the work the lab does too. Make sure you shake the all of these flavors, as well… Milk chocolate, shake longer than the rest.

3 Likes

Jungle flavor’s biscuit its not really a “cookie” but could be useful as a base if you want to try different combinations it has a darker baked component with some depth and some butter and isn’t very sweet. could go lots of different directions, its a great flavor

3 Likes

I use (JF) cookie v2, because to me the v1 does have a weird “dark” note, wouldn’t call it brown sugar or maple syrup, more like molasses.

V2 doesn’t have it, but going above 1.5% with it and it turns more into a “stale/expired” cookie. If that makes any sense, its not the ultra best cookie, of course since i am looking for it too, but at least i can tolerate it. Its not a cookie you could use as primary, due to the off note.

I cant stand fa, cap, diyfs, fw, tpa, and whoever else makes stuff labeled as cookie/biscuit but tastes like a hot mess.

Ill give german flavors a try as recommended by mixologist13. Maybe someone can even comment on some other brands, or concentrates fully different labeled but taste like cookies.

4 Likes

It’s funny you should mention that recipe! :grinning:
I just mixed up two variations of it two days ago.
(One with only the MC, PB, and Cookie at the percentages you recommended, and another with the percentages adjusted slightly to where I am suspecting I need them to be.)

Two things though: one is that for the life of me, I can’t see how Greek yogurt could be beneficial in a Tollhouse recipe :laughing: and the second is I don’t have FLV Greek yogurt, or Vanilla custard (though I do have “normal” custard). =(

I know that frequently what’s on the bell doesn’t necessarily match the taste (be it actual or simply perceived). But still! lol …the mind just goes “whuuuuuuut”? :crazy_face: :wink:

Always!

Noted! :wink:

3 Likes

That’s the first time I recall seeing anyone say that! But I do have it, and need to test it out as well.
Will bear your thoughts in mind when it comes time, and see how things land. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I forgot to mention…

If memory serves, I got more of a Hershey’s syrup type chocolate from FLV MC than Nestles. Quite different IMO. But again, that’s from memory (at the moment).

3 Likes

Obviously i dont know what smokey does with that flavor, since shes more experienced as i am.

But maybe thats exactly the answer here, who knows lol

Greek yogurt, added at lower percentage can mimick a “chewy” effect. Or as i call it raw cookie lol, i know its not undercooked but thats how it feels to me, same for brownies. But i know thats how americans like their stuff “raw” :wink:

Anyways, it can also help in cookie dough recipes for that “moist” texture.

I have never used flavorah greek yogurt, but tpa’s greek yogurt is apparently the same, just less potent and flavorah’s is less sour. Maybe sub that if you have it, still at lower percentage than regular, unless you want a cheesecake cookie :wink:

4 Likes

You are more than welcome to tinker with it all… I do recommend to find your own spot with each flavor in the recipe… mine might be too light or too heavy for you… with flavorah costing so much… 13% of each would def be over kill… I have seen it happen… not saying you would or wouldn’t but… :stuck_out_tongue:

Greek Yogurt… used in tiny tiny amounts… can give bread a “dough” type… or by using an even more minuscule amount (ie: .12%-.2%… if you count how many drops per ml… etc) can give that baked chewy aspect… :smile:

I have been posting and sharing the fact on G yogurt for years now… not a big secret! :slight_smile:

and yeps @eStorm raw is good! :stuck_out_tongue:

This is where the Vanilla custard (or sub for pudding) comes in with the MC to give it more of a creamy taste. I grew up on both Nestle toll house and Hershey’s chocolate… and by adding in the custard loosens it up a hair to give the Nestle toll house effect…

Think for a moment Sprks… The mother comapny is big and proudly serves companies like:
General Mills
Nestle
Hershey
blah blah blah…

I know Flavorah, I know the many labs… not just MM… and I know how to make the best Toll House cookie… kind of funny tho… the recipe I shared here… is over 3 yr old now… and still one of my favs… I just hope others will enjoy my recipes as much as I do… :smile:

I wont get into politics etc with the other brands… not my place… but I do love my flavorah… and well… bottles up lol… Mix it if you got it! :smile:

8 Likes