Thoughts on Kangertech?

True, but he only has 60W max on his mod.

No I think he had the update, 75w max, it was set over 60, like 67.5 or something, I’d have to go look at the pic again
EDIT: It was set at 62w

1 Like

I meant BoDarc.

1 Like

Oh lol okay.

1 Like

Yea, and I guess also, an aromamizer wouldn’t fit in that either, so more limited build capabilities there, too.

Might look funny, but with a 510 pin there’s no reason it shouldn’t work. Might be a bit top heavy though. '-)

1 Like

Lol yea :laughing:

The equipment is being produced faster than most of us can keep up with, unless you are one of the fortunate that live and breathe this new [fastest growing industry] world 24 hours a day. There are so many variations already that it almost takes scientific knowledge to even know how to get what you like.
I am so glad you found your place in vaping to stop the 47yr analog addiction…mine was for 60yrs.
Because I smoked them for so long, it was natural to only MTL, and if I tried DTL I also had the choking.
I am not saying that you should change a single thing, Darlin’…but as I began to expand my horizons in vaping [thinking I was the enlightened one because I am a retired engineer] I found that everywhere I looked created more variables than I could imagine. Nic %, coil ohm, wattage, etc. and when I thought I had that figured out for my usage, I would try new wire, new gauges of wire, dual coil, different tanks, and be on a new unknown voyage, but never believing I would ever hit DTL because it was choking. Even after a year, I almost gave up, not that I have mastered it by any means, but I have learned that equipment and builds between MTL and DTL are completely different.
But there is ONE CONSTANT that I have learned, that allows me to switch between the two, even with the limited equipment that I have,…is AIR FLOW ! Some of my tanks just do not allow a smooth DTL simply because there is not enough air flow. Nic level plays a part too, and I still make mine at 6mg and I have harshness on some hits at times, depending on what equipment I use. [3mg is on the list next].
I know this is a scrambled up explanation, but I am certain that with the right configurations you could not only sub-ohm, but DTL also. I apologize for not being more concise, but the spouse is getting cranky, waiting for me to take her to lunch, so I am in a hurry, and you don’t deserve my shortness, but it is reality at this moment. As long as you are satisfied, it’s great…nothing like a satisfied woman…so I hear !! Gotta run and take her.

3 Likes

Congrats to you, ozo, for quitting a 60 year habit! Cigarettes are killers, no doubt about it. Thanks for your answer and it sounds like a perfect ‘habit’ for a retired engineer - building your own coils. I am so far not interested in such a tedious endeavor when I can buy pre-made & pop into my tank with relative ease. (I don’t want to say I’m lazy but I think it’s true). I will try direct lung when I drop down to 3mg or less, but for now, just being off those dang analogs is great for me. I have one sub-ohm mod but it isn’t very happy-making (Kanger SubVod) so I mostly use my Innokin goodies and inexpensive tanks that don’t gurgle, leak or spit juice back at me. :slight_smile:

1 Like

But you can achieve [almost] the same results buying your coils, etc.
I didn’t mean you needed to get deeply invloved, just that it takes a lot
of matching of components to go on different journeys…if that makes sense. (?)

1 Like

Yes, it makes total sense. I would love to blow major clouds, but I am not willing to invest in all the electronic equipment to test ohms, batteries, etc. and just thinking about all that gives me a headache. ha! I’m just an old retired nurse that enjoys vaping and am so happy to be off analogs. Appreciate your thoughts & input very much.

3 Likes

Well, I trust you to take my temperature anytime.
Some of the greatest people I know are…old…retired…and even nurses. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks, ozo, I wish you all the best in life. And agree, many of the greatest people I know are considered older… though there are a few ‘old souls’ in their youth who are pretty amazing, too. Have a blessed week!

2 Likes

Just avoid buying their crap… it’s all for the most part garbage and all their products have some kind of defect… I know this from personal experience.
Compile a list of what are supposed to be the best if what your looking for… then take Kangertech off that list… saving yourself a headache in the long run

i have two mini kits ( actually fiance ) kbox 120 , kbox 200 , nebox , the mods are fine , i use different tanks on the 120 and 200 , so i dont use their tanks except the ones on the two minis, i think they are a good company , they did come out with the squonker products , i do hope they come out with a nebox 2 with some fixes to the leaking and glass instead of plasric for the juice chamber

1 Like

i don’t use them any more anyway but with me and my vaping friends Kangertech fell out of favour with the inconstancy of their premade coils, i think we all started on the sub tank back in the day and mine still works i guess but only with the rba

2 Likes

I am Kanger-poor…I have tons of it and never had a problem except a recent one with the Dripbox 160W which is fixed (easily) now [thanks to @Wings4Life …thanks again]

For me, it has been SMOK products, and a problem with every one of them, the handful I have.

1 Like

Avoid them. There are better. If you want a big name - go Aspire.

Too late to avoid them. I love them, and they work for me.

I’m just starting to have Smok problems, I thought they were great but I am starting to look at them a little closer…

2 Likes