Good deals?

Yep yep! I’m going to pick another one up along with the tfv8 baby beast, joyetech ultimo, and an aromamizer supreme! I’ve been wanting to try all 3 of those tanks and figured this was a good opportunity :slight_smile:

1 Like

Copied from Vapedeals.

Here’s some good news for those of you who still haven’t picked up the Uwell Crown 2 Sub-ohm Tank. The stainless steel and black colorways have just been restocked over at Ecig.com, and it’s still the best deal out there. Spend just $14.95 for the stainless steel version, or $15.95 for black. And if you wanted some extra replacement coils, you could pick up a 4-pack for only $9. The Crown 2 SUS316 coils come in your choice of 0.2Ω, 0.5Ω, and 0.8Ω.

http://www.ecig.com/uwell-crown-2-tank

They’re selling the Sigelei T150 touch screen mod, plus the Innokin iSub V tank and 2x Samsung 18650 batteries for only $49.99!

Also TFV8 Baby Beast is $14.99 at ecigcity…they have quite a few sales going for pretty good prices.

1 Like

Had to get me one of those Smok Treebox 200W mods, never had a wood mod before and for $40 it’s a steal. I am guessing it works just like the H-Priv which I do enjoy but like the regular button on the Treebox better.

Of course they always get me with the free shipping, ordered a Mutation X V5 XL, Gemini RTA Mega in black and 2 packs of NotchCoils which I enjoy using for Single coil builds, not for duals though.

1 Like

After all the reading here, and a few other places I just haven’t been able to bring myself to support anything Smok branded. But as God is my witness, I LOVE the look and design of that thing. >< /torn

2 Likes

I missed what is going on with Smok, I know about the Sigelei drama and won’t buy anymore of there stuff. Please share.

1 Like

Not so much in the ‘Sigelei vein’ -but just general reliability issues with their electronics/mods, leaking issues with their tanks, etc. That type of thing. (I can’t point to a specific thread ATM, but I know I did plenty of reading right here at ELR on Smok)

They dont just don’t seem reliable in general. But I have no first-hand data to support any of it. I do read a ton though before I do 95% of my purchases.

FWIW: I hope your experience with it does NOT fall into the ‘what I’ve read’ category once you’ve had it awhile! I did (since you mentioned getting one) take another look at it though (the mini is already sold out on VapeNW -of course-) and I think that even IF it were to go out, my first thought would be “Ok, it’s dead, big whoop -now how do I fit a DNA board in there…” rofl

EDIT:

Just for a quick search.

3 Likes

I wasn’t crazy about the TFV4’s except the Micro which I still use. I did see the problems some have with the TFV8 RBA positive post, I have not had that problem but my friend did.

Never owned a Smok mod, after holding a XCube in my hand never wanted to until I saw Daniels review on the H-Priv and decided to take a shot. I have been happy with the H-Priv but it is no DNA or Wrecker G2, my favorite mods but for the price it has been good. I am not a big fan of the firing bar, would not have bought the Treebox if it had the same firing bar on it.

I hear what you mean about putting a DNA board into the Treebox though, none of my DNA’s I would want to take apart though. Would probably be willing to put the FSK chip from one of my Hohm Slice though if I could get that board to work with dual 18650’s instead of a 26650.

For me $40 was worth a shot on the Treebox but anymore and I would have passed. I have been pretty fortunate to never have a mod fail on me so far. My RX200’s have been a little quirky at times in SS TC mode but I use those in power mode 90% of the time. Why Joytech/Eleaf/Wismec hasn’t changed that crap 510 is beyond me, I am not planning on buying anymore mods from them until they fix that. My IPV5 has the problem were the up/down buttons freeze and don’t work from time to time. Aside from those problems though I feel I have been lucky, just knocked on wood that the Treebox is trouble free for me as well.

Thank you for posting the info bud.

3 Likes

I’m loving the looks of the IPV400 in purple and blue. Never owned any IPV’s though. Anyone have any experience with them? Are they any good for wattage mode, I’m not a tc vaper?

I have only had the IPV5 and as I have previously stated the power up/down buttons do freeze from time to time, you can’t adjust your wattage. Not sure why that happens but it is a known problem for many, for me and many others though it goes away by itself and aside from that it is a solid mod. Not sure if the IPV400 would suffer that same problem but I doubt it, I am pretty sure they would have ironed that out by now. Even with that problem the IPV5 is still a really popular mod with owners including myself.

I am not sure, maybe others can chime in on the IPV400 but if it uses a Yihi chip then that is one of the top chips on the market. I would say from personal experience that DNA’s are #1, followed by the Hohm FSK chip then the Yihi chip but others may have that different.

2 Likes

I have the IPV4, I’ve had it for well over a year (and it looks like it too!) but the fire button broke about 4 months ago, my mate at work fixed it last week and handed it me back, I was so happy about it haha, it was the most reliable mod I ever owned up until that point, no weird electrical gremlins, it was the contact plate inside the button had just become too compressed, over used lol, its running perfectly now as it always did, I’ll be getting a pioneer4you again for sure :+1:

3 Likes

I’ve always been afraid of them because they are always so scratched and chipped when I’ve seen them. I’d like something of good quality that will still look nice after 6 months. Thank you both for the advice…off to watch some youtube reviews :wink: The 6X looks purty too!

1 Like

I’ts a fair comment lol…
This has been to work with me a lot though, and was used almost exclusively for around a year

1 Like

I totally get what you mean, I generally get silver mods because I do not like when a mod get nicked up, I like to keep my mods looking as new as possible.

I did accidently knocked my IPV5 off of our counter height kitchen table, was yelling NOOOOOO as it happened…but it only suffered 3 little scars that are hard to see, I can see them all though…sigh.

There is 2 at the top, 1 at the bottom from the 4 foot fall:

2 Likes

Talk about jinxing myself, right after I finish that post I get up to take the IPV5 to the garage for a nice vape session and knock my SS Stout with SS Steam Engine tank off the kitchen counter and on to the floor. This time I didn’t yell NOOOOOOO, just a stunned silence. No one was around so I picked it up before anyone could come to the kitchen to see what a clutz I am.

Luckily I had taken out the battery to charge and the tank was empty, no real damage that I can see…phew. After the defibrillator session to get my heart started again I can say that tragedy was averted :clap:

3 Likes

lmao…thank god! Looks to me like they might have fixed the paint issues on the later models…still researching though.

1 Like

I feel your pain, this was me after having the Priv for 2 weeks, I was walking out to the garden as it slipped out of my dressing gown pocket and caught my foot as I stepped forward, I booted it across the patio, I was stood there in shock waiting for it to stop sliding, luckily I had a dripper on and not a tank but the damage was there, small crack, lots of chips, worked fine though lol

3 Likes

I still have the bruise on my left big toe from were my red hohm wrecker G2 fell from my hand and just nailed my toe, my toe suffered more damage than the G2 though, that sucker is tough.

Happy your H-Priv still works fine, it is a good mod.

I am starting to think I might have to have the tile and carpet replaced with the stuff they use in a bouncy house, with my luck though my mod would bounce right up and nail me right in the forehead…lol

3 Likes

made me chuckle that :laughing:

1 Like

Yeah those G2s are solid. Inside and out. Best mod I’ve ever owned. I have a G1 as well and think I’m going to buy the G2 board for it. Much cheaper than buying a new unit as a whole, and they are very simple to swap.

2 Likes

Keep track of this thread, last 4th of July vaporcube had a sale on the refurb G2’s for about $54 each if I remember correctly, I bought 3 and they all looked like new. If they do have another killer sale like that I will post it here, might add another one myself as they are my favorite mods.

1 Like